Untitled

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-18 What's your favorite DE .png (660x890, 36K)

>liking Gnome
Otherwise very reasonable opinions.

:>]

Attached: 151209_2951659_Old_Habits.jpg (737x754, 65K)

KDE should be 75%

Looks like your average DE ranking.

Why do people shit on gnome? For me, it wasnt stable on Debian but i havent had a single issue on fedora yet(only been using it for a week, though).

>mate behind gnome
huh?

>gnome before cinnamon
Imagine still being under the delusion that Linux is the informed user's OS.

I just don't like its unconventional interface

>unconventional interface
What do you mean by this?
One thing i really hate about gnome is the title bars, but other than that I found that I can get extensions to make it behave how I want.

I think a lot of people dislike the devs more than they dislike the DE
The project is run less like a free and open source project and more like a corporate goodwill raising playground

gnome isn't that bad and it can be stable. it's just not that good compared to KDE and has gone backwards in features and customization.

other than GNOME, the top 3 are in the perfect order.

everything else is irrelevant

People on Jow Forums (and other sites that make DE surveys) are usually filled with enthusiasts, who primarily look for a customizable and lightweight DE. GNOME focuses on neither and their devs' shitty attitude doesn't make it popular either.

I'm surprised it's even that high, with how scarcely it gets mentioned.

Most of Gnome's 16 % is probably people being stockholm syndromed into thinking they like it just because it's the default everywhere. Let that sink in, only 16 % despite being the default. If it wasn't pushed everywhere it would be completely irrelevant.

>m-my opinion matters
Kys you retard

>Most of Gnome's 16 % is probably people being stockholm syndromed into thinking they like it just because it's the default
Shit, do i need to ask my psychologist about this?

Half of GNOME's votes are mine. That's what you get for using strawpoll.

It was IP locked, you couldnt have possibly cheated it!

>For me, it wasnt stable on Debian
GNOME on Debian buster is amazing.

2/10 bait

I like to imagine that a script friend is responsible for all of GNOMEs votes.

>browses Jow Forums
>have to use a DE to be productive
sounds about right

this

I'm gonna switch from KDE to cinnamon (mint) or LXQT (lubuntu) soon.

We get you like your WM memes. You dont like systemd. You like the terminal. You connect to wifi with nmcli. You use vim.

I use emacs I dont need a DE or WM.

Why no love for LX** ? Lightweight is good, lightweight is love
I like all my systems to have the same DE, I'm more productive that way. This include my old Fujitsu-Siemens laptop that can't handle more.
I could have switched to a WM only but out-of-the-box functional distros are better suited for lazy people
Lubuntu fills my needs perfectly and I can't find any reason to change

Because OOTB it's a DE meant for tablets. It's that simple. The traditional desktop layout (or "metaphor" ) is simply the most efficient for people who need to do work and heavily multitask. Gnome's UI is not.

>Because OOTB it's a DE meant for tablets.
If it wasn't for its focus on keyboard usage.
>The traditional desktop layout (or "metaphor" ) is simply the most efficient for people who need to do work and heavily multitask.
Only because that's what people are used to by now.

>not voting for HATE
surly reddit is in here