Now that intlel is out of the picture, what lies next for AMD?

browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/13331638
browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/13567135

Now that intlel is out of the picture, what lies next for AMD?

Attached: based amd lady.jpg (2048x1445, 150K)

Other urls found in this thread:

browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/12635856
browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/12635856.gb4
browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/compare/13331638?baseline=13567040
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

7nm+(EUV) Zen3
5nm EUV Zen4
Possibly 3nm GAA Zen5

Time is going to fly by, and there will be CPUs equivalent to today's high end that fit inside of 15w laptops.

Having people pay a premium for their better products.

A decade of $500 16c/32t processors while INTLEL copes

ARM menace

ARM is making huge strides, they have relatively high IPC reference designs that can clock north of 3ghz now. They have super wide cores, and HPC specific core arch that support big FPU throughput including vector meme instructions.
ARM is still a long way off from actually competing with X86 clock to clock though.

Maybe when the A77 core is in the wild Anandtech will do another deep dive comparison with SPEC CPU2006 to show the true strengths and weaknesses of leading X86 compared to leading ARM cores.

>Time is going to fly by, and there will be CPUs equivalent to today's high end that fit inside of 15w laptops.
Just imagining a 15W 16 core APU with graphics rivaling 2080Ti in 2022-2023 with stack DRAM for both HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGG

Attached: The pleasure of being cummed inside.jpg (2125x3021, 2.16M)

Honestly wouldn't mind ARM creeping in the desktop if they can emulate everything in x86 with no problems or better yet everything is recompiled for ARM.

Crashing xeons marketshare with no survivors.

I'd love a 10W 8c/16t APU in a small enough form factor (like a GPD Win 3)

:Now that intlel is out of the picture, what lies next for AMD?
fleecing the goys for maximum profit of course

Well right now TSMC is projecting their 5nm EUV process to bring a 30% power reduction over early 7nm. When Anandtech originally ran an article comparing TSMC's prospective process nodes TSMC estimated it was going to be a 20% reduction in power at ISO perf.
Word is that their 3nm GAA will be a 50% or greater reduction in power, drive voltages are going to hit the floor.

We will live to see the day that 1v is considered archaic absurdity.

I remember having a 5v CPU (486 era). The idea of a desktop x86 CPU going to 1v or lower is nuts to me.

This makes me moist.
On another note, I wonder when the fabs will move away from silicon and start using InGaAs or some shit.

My Ryzen 5 laptop already hits like .8v at idle, we're not that far off right now. Just a couple more node shrinks and 1v will be the vcore of a high performance part. Hell DDR5 drive voltage is going to be 1.1v.
Everything is progressing pretty steadily.

Its anyone's guess, all we know is that its not any time soon. Global Foundries and some Chinese fabs are diversifying by pursuing more advanced and lower cost SOI processes. All the leading performance nodes are still bulk silicon, and probably will be to 3nm and beyond. A big shake up in wafer supply isn't going to be quick, or cheap. It'll be in the news for years as that long slow transition is taking place.

We're still waiting on 450mm wafers fyi. Everyone put that on hiatus, but it'd be a big cost saver in the long run.
Nobody is ready for that big of a change in supply lines.

sauce me broham

Sorry. Please try iqbd into saucenow.

>this projection from an intel fanboi

Why are you showing one of the worst 9900k benchs on geekbench?

Attached: 2019-06-18 14_17_20.png (875x1041, 53K)

Why are there so many posts with geekbench nowadays, holy fucking shit that's a terrible way to measure performance of a CPU.

they are already overpricing navi to hell, and increasing prices on ryzen, and that's with intels corpse still warm and nvidia still being alive.
I can't dread to think what they are capable of if they held the lead for a year or two.

more like 2029 but yeah
meanwhile jewtel will keep pushing rebranded HD4000 chips on their lappies

Intel tier jewry, just look at the new X570 mobo prices
>B-but
No, fuck off, dumb nigger pajeet kike.

Attached: 1553527329481.jpg (901x1200, 165K)

they've earned the right to charge up the ass, unlike jewtel

Dilate

Buy stock in VRM manufacturers now.
When you operate in such low voltages, stability will be incredibly important.

Why are you cherrypicking one of the best, rabbi?

It's one of the best, AT 5ghz, just like the OP claims it's at 5ghz.

I didn't grab one at 5.4Ghz+ or something retarded.

The GPU space is a completely different beast with its users, mindshare, and case use. Even when AMD had a fantastically priced product with the RX 480, the populous still went to Nvidia. In fact, the 1080 outsold their entire lineup and it was a fucking terrible value card. A

There is literally no reason to get an x570 board, unless you absolutely need pcie gen 4.

That R7 3800 bench was run with 2133mh JEDEC spec ram. Since Geekbench scores are heavily influenced by ram speed, you'd need examples of 9900k CPUW benched with similarly slow as fuck ram.

>just look at the new X570 mobo prices
>boards can start in the sub $200 level
Fuck off.
Also, I'm on a x370 Taichi and will enjoy the 3950x. I don't need PCIe 4.0 or a new motherboard anytime soon.

2022-2023 was actually a low estimate, user. We're on 7nm right now. 4 years from now we're looking at 5nm or even 3nm, plenty of room to use chiplets or even a small monolithic die given how 8 cores fitted on 14nm no problem.

>Navi overpriced
Its competing with the 2070, and priced lower
>increasing Ryzen prices
No they're not. They're adding more premium SKUs, but current segments have the same pricing structure.
The R7 1800X was $500 at launch. I paid over $300 for the R7 1700 non X.
Now AMD is offering a 12c/24t chip for $500, and the R7 3700X at the $330 price point outperforms the 2700X by a good margin.

That isn't increasing prices. You're still getting high perf 8c/16t part for $330 in a 65w TDP. If anything the upcoming 3700X makes the 1700 non X look like a joke consider they have the same launch prices.

5nm parts have already taped out, the process is in risk production at TSMC's Fab 18 which was build just for these lines.
AMD will have 7nm EUV parts on the market next year, but we'll see 5nm ARM chips around the same time. AMD will probably follow in 2021 with mainstream high perf 5nm chips.
2022 or 2023 is a realistic time window for their 3nm node.
The 3nm facility is scheduled to have all its tooling installed in 2021.

>Its competing with the 2070, and priced lower
So what you are saying Nvidia didn't overprice their cards, huh? So people shitting on them rightftully for 8 months was all a mistake huh?
Because when AMD prices their gpus at the same ridiculous price point while aiming for 84% profit margins then it's fine, huh?

RISC-V

If consumers are readily paying $500-$600 for the card, then its not "overpriced." If the market will bear the cost then its priced right. Sorry, Commie retard. Thats how basic econ works.
The 5700 XT is coming at $479 which is a decent price point for the current offerings available.

y u so mad bro?

Becoming evil until we are rooting for the intel as the underdogs sticking up to the evil giant that AMD is going to become.

I think you don't understand how marketing works. Nvidia has ingrained the idea that they are the superior option in the minds of normies so fucking hard that they will actually not buy a lower-priced competitor.

Pretty hard to find considering basically half of all 9900k results don't list RAM speed at all, or just say 1mhz.

>Even when AMD had a fantastically priced product with the RX 480, the populous still went to Nvidia. In fact, the 1080 outsold their entire lineup and it was a fucking terrible value card.
This has always been the case. Even back in the day when both the Radion 9800 and the 5800 both utterly destroyed Nvidia, Nvidia still sold more cards. Marketing works, so AMD is basicly not wanting to sell at rock bottom anymore since with now about two decades of evidence, it dosn't work with videocards.

How about full bandwidth thunderbolt?

This sounds like cope. Because if people were paying $500+ for an 8 core, why didn't AMD price their cpus much higher?
>it's ok when AMD does it

My mobile i7 is like 0.6 idle tho

People were buying an 8c/16t CPU for $500, the 1800X at launch was $500 plus tax. I know this is hard for you to comprehend given your impairments.
The 3900X 12c/24t CPU in the same price bracket.

Now AMD is selling a 3.6ghz base clock, 4.4ghz boost 8c/16t 65w chip for $330. Thats the pricepoint the original R7 1700 launched at. They haven't increased prices, they've only added more premium SKUs to their mainstream product line up.

>comparing cpu market to gpu market

Just the average 5.4 ghz with 4400mhz ram build.
post the link next time instead of a screencap.

browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/12635856

browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/12635856.gb4

>Buy stock in VRM manufacturers now.
give some names

>If consumers are readily paying $500-$600 for the card, then its not "overpriced."
Ah so nividas 1200$ gpus are not overpriced either by that logic.
Looks like Nvidia did nothing wrong after all. I mean with AMD following in their footsteps now we have to justify nvidias actions as well.

because we have people actively defending corporations and telling consumers to just take it, also hypocrisy.

>I think you don't understand how marketing works. Nvidia has ingrained the idea that they are the superior option in the minds of normies so fucking hard that they will actually not buy a lower-priced competitor.
I think tell yourself that for over 10 years is a form of mental cope. It's just a cheap excuse of why amd can do shitty things to consumers but "they are still the good guys please support"

>Ah so nividas 1200$ gpus are not overpriced either by that logic.
Nvidia is selling a ton of them, and they're making enormous profits. The only pricing mechanism in existence which works is the market itself, you low IQ Communist. You don't have to like it, but thats reality.
A company does not set its profit margins based on what some loser autistic neckbeard feels it should be.

so intel and nvidia did nothing wrong, good to know.

16c on only 65W with current clocks would be doable but everything else might be too far off man.

intel does a lot wrong, strawman shitposter. Bribing OEMs, rigging benches, committing actual financial crimes for which they've been caught. Pricing something higher than you can afford unfortunately is not a valid charge.

If the same power reduction TSMC sees in their own test chips materializes in AMD's big chips then their 5nm process could have their current 105w SKUs drop down to 75w~. 3nm could see that fall below 40w.
Arch changes usually bring about power per op improvements as well. Its possible that the fist 3nm Zen5 parts from AMD could offer equivalent performance to the 3950X at 35w or lower. IPC uplift means reaching the same performance at lower clocks, and lower clocks are always closer to the perf/watt sweet spot.

Add .gb4 for frequencies.

Thank you based mommy

>motherboards with huge ass VRMs are expensive
No shit.

There was that magical moment in time where you could theoretically run a CPU straight off a AA battery.

Actually it can be. If they had a monopoly position it can be considered usury.

but if AMD does it must no longer be considered bad!

now its AMDs turn to milk the goyim
Ill by a used xeon from chinks

intel btfo

Attached: 3cd5c9baea4a8f802a09f9a8fb3369615f7bdd2135257771242c1c5d77675465.jpg (725x468, 34K)

>yfw Zen3 4950x

Attached: 1559130870562.gif (384x408, 94K)

>mainstream socket becomes quad channel ddr5
>Threadripper socket gets the full ocho
A man can dream

Gomennasai.

They are allowed to charge for a product.

Infineon is the one you should be most into, they produce the controllers and such for a lot of the high end motherboards and GPUs, even on lower end parts the VRMs will be by a company they own
Some others are Vishay and On Semi but they're literally who tier

Thanks mommy

Attached: 1560877873369.png (1024x1024, 737K)

>usury
Wut
Usury is literally lending money. It has nothing to do with pricing.

it doesn't look good actually, middle of the road single core score on geekbench4 is 6200 for a 9700K

Maybe 6200 at 4.9GHz dumbfuck

Yes, they run at 4.9GHz on a single core. What about it?

browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/compare/13331638?baseline=13567040

That can't be right, 13331638 was running something in the background

This must be what people in the late 90s felt like every time a new expensive chip came out that obsoleted their shit.

was the 9900k throttling?

>2023 for 3nm

So when will sub-1nm happen? Will they use measurements like 0.8nm or will they start using a new unit of measure?

90s march of obsolescence was way worse. A year and bit was the difference between 30fps and seconds per frame, or shit just not running at all.