Are you anons smart?

Are you anons smart?
How smart do you have to be to competently program?
Post IQ to prove it

Attached: main-qimg-103d30aeef9928a7ecda678ade971a5a.jpg (602x252, 43K)

Other urls found in this thread:

iqtest.dk/)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Kaczynski
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

my iq is 0 and I can fizzbuzz

can you?

Attached: 1546948551501.jpg (847x673, 66K)

I've never taken a IQ test, and don't have any desire to.
I think it's a useless metric.

Attached: 1560423599764.png (606x800, 786K)

Every time there is a poll on Jow Forums asking if you were in a gifted program in school it's always about half. For reference.

am smart but to lazy to search my test result, but it was >= 2SD. I understand programming stuff fast. Top of compiler class, top of algorithms. Got to battle my adhd and depression, that is quite a hindrance sometimes, but overall I am really happy with this profession.

It is hard to give a general threshold but if you would put a gun at my head, I would say you are good at 1 SD above, which is 115 in many IQ tests. Even below could work. IQ is just a learning booster. An average guy with a life long experience in designing programs/systems and a a good mentor will beat some really smart guy that is not motivated.

Obviously the top of the top will be people that don't only have discipline and motivation, but also some luck in the genetic lottery. But keep in mind that serious comparison with ex. Linus Torvalds is unhealthy; instead admire him and try to learn from him, but as for your goals, just give your best and if you can make enough money to support a life with programming, than that is a damn fine deal.

Nice datamining thread, Rakesh.

Attached: 41wYQ8mFg3L._AC_SL_QL70_.jpg (464x292, 15K)

C

I took it to rule out other diagnoses - turns out you can both be understimulated (gifted) and overstimulated (adhd). It was beneficial to have both informations. Other than diagnostic issues, I agree. Most people can only loose by getting an IQ test, which itself is an imperfect measure of whatever intelligence might mean: If it is a high score, they often feel like they don't life up to it, if it is average or low, they feel bad about themselves. Protip: Don't bother about numbers that indicate how well you can solve logic puzzles in comparison to other people. Care about what you actually do.

My IQ is 85 and I earn six figures writing ECMAScript.

My IQ is 82 and I program in C for a living. I also tried C++, but it was too complex.

I honestly don't doubt that they were. The education system basically breeds people like them. I was in the highest performing gifted program in my school district until I convinced my parents to let me take normal classes in high school and on average about 60% of my peers from 1st to 8th grade were literal aspies.

The entrance tests didn't filter students based on actual competency but were just standard "iq" measures based on pattern recognition and manipulation with a prerequisite of above grade level literacy. Combine that with most gifted programs isolating students from their normie peers and the fact that differentiated instruction curriculum based on the "multiple intelligences" theory is actually detrimental to self esteem and motivation and it suddenly becomes clear why so many disenfranchised nerds like Jow Forums autists, gamer incels, and poltards general grew up as "gifted" children.

I feel bad for some of them because I escaped during puberty and had normal teen years. It's not really their fault, our current system is mostly to blame, as are their parents for not doing the proper due diligence when determining how their children should be educated.

Attached: 1560739440348.png (352x390, 359K)

I thought IQ tests had been proven to be complete bs? why do people still use them?

you have to be smart or work hard, that's literally it.

>proven to be complete bs
The only people pushing this narrative are those who are pushing for more retards through immigration (cheap labour). IQ is real, and while it isn't perfect it's a great indicator of a bunch of various outcomes in your life. If IQ was bullshit I really doubt it would correlate so closely with such a wide range of quality of life measurements.

My tests that I took in elementary school were totally based on crystallized intelligence that really isn't indicative of having high IQ.
Asking a 2nd grader what the chemical formula for water is, or who the second president was (when it was never explicitly taught) isn't really proof of IQ, just proof of remembering things your older sibling may have mentioned.
You're right though.

i took the wais-iv in a bunch of other tests two years ago but i have an heterogeneous profile so i don't have a number.

>now that i'm 15
MOOOOOOOOODS

that was a joke.

my iq is 140 (professionally certified) and im a retard who just drank 2 beers and fell asleep

GOD I FUCKING HATE BEING just smart enough to understand the nuances of programming, but TOO DUMB to do anything complex, eg math, algorithms, original problem solving.

>How smart do you have to be to competently program?
d = {x:'fizz' for x in range(3, 101, 3)}
d.update({x:'buzz' for x in range(5, 101, 5)})
d.update({x:'fizzbuzz' for x in range(15, 101, 15)})
[print(x[0], x[1]) for x in sorted(d.items())]

Programming's easy man

Programming ability has almost nothing to do with IQ and everything to do with how badly you want to cut your dick off.

Yes
#include

int
main(void)
{
int i,n1,n2;
i = 1;
LOOP:
if (i > 100)
goto EXIT;
n1 = i % 3;
n2 = i % 5;
if (n1 == 0) {
goto FZ;
}
CK5:
if (n2 == 0)
goto BZ;
if (n1 != 0 && n2 != 0)
goto NM;
NL: fprintf(stdout, "\n");
i++;
goto LOOP;
BZ: fprintf(stdout, "Buzz");
goto NL;
FZ: fprintf(stdout, "Fizz");
goto CK5;
NM: fprintf(stdout, "%i", i);
goto NL;
EXIT:
return 0;
}

theoretical iq: 156
perceptual iq: 80

I seriously feel bad for you if you actually dropped down to "normal" classes. I took all the advanced placement classes I could during high school but due to a scheduling error in sophomore year I ended up in a "normal" biology class.
At least 10 assignments that year were doing color-by-the-number pages.
We spent an entire month learning and relearning only six parts of the human cell. Someone still failed the test at the end of the month.
I watched one kid stick scissors into an electrical outlet "to see what would happen."

This was in a school that was in the top 25% of the schools in the nation as far as standardized test scores went. Almost all the advanced placement kids were actually normal, well functioning people, with only a couple aspies (myself included) mixed in.
Reminder to anyone on this god forsaken shithole who managed to have kids: DO NOT let your kids go to public school. Homeschool them and enroll them in extracurriculars for friends but for the love of god DO NOT send them to public school.

This is unironically the only person in this thread that has a high iq

everyone is just fucked. I dropped out of school and my IQ is 140.

normies don't have 10k a year for private schools nor enough time to homeschool intelligently (implying they're smart enough)

more like the only normie in the thread who wasn't forced to take an IQ test because they didn't question his sanity as a teenager

low IQ post

Last IQ test was 134. I suck ass at programming, and I’ve been doing it for ~5 years. Work ethic and education trumps iq by far

IQ is one of the most accurate social psychology measures of so many things in life. Gotta look that shit up nigger

Nice new age fingerbox, I still have my old one that’s made of wood from when I was a kid.
They don’t make ‘em like they used to.

High IQs with top 1% work ethic can be millionaires easy peezy

some IQ test website (iqtest.dk/) said my IQ is 130. no idea if that's true, though.

The only thing that's been proven is that having a high IQ doesn't instantly make you a billionaire entrepreneur playboy, and that talent only matters if you also put in the effort to utilize it. Anyone telling you that the scores are somehow inherently unusable are the kind of retard that thinks freeiqtest.com clickbait garbage is comparable to something like the Stanford Binet (not that they even know what that is), and heard something entirely of their own design when Stephen Hawking said that braggarts were a bunch of asshats.

nah I tested out of remedial classes and spent junior and senior year fucking off and taking the easiest electives available to pad my gpa while finishing the amount of credits I needed. This left me effort to focus on sports and taking classes in community college. As a result I got the same credits most of the dual enrollment AP kids got but for less money and less time zero time spent in a public school classroom along side sperg nerds whose identity revolves around their perceived intelligence.

Public school is trash but it does give you a grounded perspective of society and more specifically your local community. Just like in the real world, in pub school nobody gives a flying fuck about the individual. The sooner you come to grips with this and start taking initiative in yourself and learning to exploit others the better off you'll be. Idk how it is now with social media because I graduated before smartphones but the social interactions of a large public school are also extremely valuable as a teen imo. Religious, private, technical, and homeschooled high school kids just don't have the same experience.

fuck I wish I could take an iq test. From one side I don't have particular problems with math, from the other side I still don't know how to tie my shoes, it seemed too complex after watching a youtube tutorial and i couldn't follow it

Newfag here, who dis boi?

My measured IQ has consistently been 140+ for decades now, since my early childhood. IQ doesn't change because that's not how it works, but of course the overwhelming majority of people with lower "IQ" scores don't understand this simple fact - it's quite ironic how that works.

The idea behind an "IQ test" is to measure something that can't actually be measured: a person's ability to learn new things. That's all it's really supposed to me. It's not a test of how smart someone is, or even really a test of intelligence, but then again that depends on how you define intelligence to begin with.

By the common definition, intelligence is:

[code(1): the ability to learn or understand or to deal with new or trying situations : REASON
also : the skilled use of reason
(2): the ability to apply knowledge to manipulate one's environment or to think abstractly as measured by objective criteria (such as tests)[/code]

So again, it's a measurement of how well you can learn and adapt to new information and situations. That can never change, what you're capable of at the time of your birth is going to be your upper limit, your ceiling of growth and no amount of reading books, taking courses, attending classes, nothing will alter this. You can learn and make use of a given amount of information and situations, and that'll be your cap, kids.

Intelligence is also very subjective for each person in any given situation: someone that's born with a high mechanical aptitude could and would most likely fail at anything they're tested on from the emotional standpoint, and vice versa.

None of us is strong in every aspect of intelligence across the board, we all have our strengths and our weaknesses, but in the long run it works like this:

Highly intelligent people are like "The Pretender" - they adapt to new shit every day and thrive. Low intelligence folk, they do the same shitty menial jobs and live the same shitty lives without ever changing.

Ted Bundy

*Al Bundy

You sound like turbo autist

I don't think I'm smart (got around 130 when I was a teenager). I program embedded devices for work, and it's pretty easy. I like to play with FP, and some of the code/papers I read make me feel retarded.
So I guess I'm boring and average.

If x is divisible by 3:
Print fizz
If x is divided by 5:
Print buzz
If x divided by x equals fizz or buzz:
Delete fizz or buzz
Type fizz buzz
Compile
Break
[\code]

Theodore "Ted" Kaczynski, aka The Unabomber.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Kaczynski

Goddammit

Eh. I'm reasonably smart apparently but not especially competent at programming

Attached: 128.png (662x488, 24K)

Good thing these are bullshit and this in no way represents my real intelligence

Attached: Screenshot_20190619-001959.jpg (1080x1920, 465K)

im retarded and iq tests are the same as me

I am shit at progrmaning among many other things cuzz I am a lazy fuck and I don t learn and work to get better, what about ya guys? Tbqh, the mensa test ain t good ebough to determine "IQ".

Attached: lul.png (570x411, 19K)

:3 I am smart

Attached: Femanon_IQ.png (1178x604, 24K)

IQ ≠ good programmer
t. sucks at programming

Attached: Screenshot_20190619-104612.png (1440x2560, 232K)

Is a fat guy more lazy than a fit guy?
Is a tall guy more lazy than a short guy?
Is sick person more lazy than a healthy guy?
Is ignorant more lazy than a experienced guy?
Ever thought how much harder it is for those who have to fight than those who dont?

Do meaningless work. Dont change the system. Let the grifters have their small success. Let them "innovate" by moving the Overton window to more and more consumable, inequal, and dumbed down.

It's not a matter of IQ but hard work. People with high IQ just have it a lot easier.

t. 156 IQ on an official IRL Mensa test

I took the tests just for fun and don't worry too much about it. Whatever I would get, it wouldn't change that I like my life for what it is.

I went to special program for gifted kids and 90% was a brainlet there to be honest. I mean the kids had high IQ and such, but no one had any practical knowledge. So they while they were studying basics of CS and programming mindstorms drag and drop programming, I've been flashing my mindstorms using custom firmware to get access to low level fs and Bluetooth and do something actually interesting.

That's false. I've been measured multiple times during childhood every few years and my IQ has been constantly growing.(probably because I've been doing tons of math and programming starting at primary school)
Also you can lose IQ in an accidents etc. There is no reason for it to be constant.
IQ tests were never meant to measure inteligence in general sense of this work. It just measures something that appear like inteligence but what's the most important is that it correlates with many things in your life. That's it, just statistical correlation, not some deeper truth about yourself.

I'm in less than 2%, literally too smart to be a programmer.
That's why I got PhD at math and now earning 500k

I'm dumb as fuck, had to grind my programming skills to be acceptable.

I took a real IQ test when I was maybe 13. Got 125. I'm to smart too have chosen programming as a career and do it as a hobby.