Whats the verdict on the surface book 2 and surface pro 6?

whats the verdict on the surface book 2 and surface pro 6?

Attached: 46E22E69-9393-4970-8AFD-40451391256D.jpg (1125x937, 448K)

Unserviceable trash

/thread

The Tablet Feature is nice, and the battery is eternal, but the hardware is absolutely unservicable.

Can someone explain to me the advantage of tablet functionality
Im not hating, just as someone who's never owned one i dont get it

Watching movies and notetaking for uni, presentations

If I could I‘d go for the Surface Pro 6 tho. Half the weight, better form factor, the loose keyboard on the SP6 has a decent typing experience and makes it reaaly mobile, you can shove it in a bag, flip it open/down without a thought of breaking.

comfy browsing/media consumption in bed

clarification, I have an SB2 and its neat, but needs a refresh with TB3.
The keyboard needing to detach thru software sucks. Weights double too.

Shit build quality, unserviceable, shit GNU support. It's garbage.

>shit build quality
why you lying user?

Too expensive for 95% of this board
Case and point

*cracks your display*
Oopsie, there was a problem :)

You sound like an Applefag.

I like my SB2. If you don't need the detachable screen just get an XPS to save money.

Drawing, general niceties.

Everything surface= absolute trash.

pretty awesome tbqh, great keyboards

I like general feel of the keyboard but it has two issue in my opinion:
1. The Left and Right arrow keys are squares like the modifier keys. They should have little nubs on the ends, like F and J, except to the left for the Left arrow and right for the Right arrow.

2. The Fn key toggle should just always be on. I shouldn't have to look at my keyboard to see if I've accidentally disabled my ability to press Alt+F4.

i wanna get it for 3d sculpting and drawing, and then have an eGPU on my desktop for more tedious shit.

book is a tablet on life support, pro is decent if you want to draw. both are a gamble because of microsoft's quality control, they can either break within the year or work forever. don't expect windows not to shit itself and break something every once in a while, have had things like rotation lock disappearing and old microsoft apps stuck in start that were not removable, now i'm dealing with mouse lag when it comes out of sleep, touch works, but the mouse moves barely and when you drag something it hangs the program, opening up the ctrl alt del interface fixes it temporarily until next sleep.

I detach to continue shitposting on the shitter

You can use it in bed or planes a bit easier. It is useless for typing, but normal Web, video and an extreme minority of games are useful.

Writing and drawing, it's also pretty light for a 13/15 inch tablet in case you just want to use it to read book or watch video.
It can also cools the GPU and CPU seperately unlike most thin laptops.

Is the Surface Go worth it for a student who's only going to be using Chrome and Microsoft Word?

The tablet convenience intrigues me.

the chargers are horrible

their magnetic surface connector is the reincarnation of magsafe, and it's decent, personally i doubt the actual quality of the power brick itself, it does have a plus for the extra usb port though. i wish apple did the microsoft strategy and kept magsafe, or a version of it in addition to the usb c ports, surface devices desperately need thunderbolt 3/usb 4. microsoft even scored a patent on a usb c compatible magsafe charging mechanism.