Tfw site hosted on MS-DOS with 16MHz and 1MB RAM is faster than wordpress monstrosity

>tfw site hosted on MS-DOS with 16MHz and 1MB RAM is faster than wordpress monstrosity

Attached: msdos-webserver.jpg (1725x1028, 310K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.dlang.org/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamic_web_page
debian.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Displaying one extremely basic webpage compared to an entire dynamic website
Cool thread user.

What software hosts http on msdos?

yeah I wish I didn't knew anything about web development as well just like you OP

>his blog is """dynamic""

Attached: 1553475255672.jpg (500x343, 30K)

so your blog is static? Get on my level faggot my whole file system is static and I swap hard drives if I want to change something

Explain the handwavey notion of "entire dynamic website".

You are a retard.

>Explain the handwavey notion of "entire dynamic website".
the content depends on changing systems like databases and plugins. If you don't understand the difference in runtime between this and simply delivering a static HTML page I feel sorry for you

This thing is the size of a coin and has a 240 MHz CPU, 560 KiB SRAM, WIFI, 4MB of flash ROM and it can run a web server off a coin cell battery for 1 day AND is faster than wordpress monstrosity.

Attached: esp32.png (474x474, 115K)

No, actually explain it. You can have a blog made with static HTML. You can even link pages together with these nifty things called hyperlinks.

>No, actually explain it.
not gonna spoonfeed a literal webshit pajeet.

So you have no idea what the fuck you're talking about, and you're being a contrarian cunt. Got it.

No, I'm asking you to justify your bloat, as a fellow white male. Also isn't wordpress like basically security swiss cheese?

You're still failing to explain how a blog couldn't be just static html. Also it's not like doing a couple SQL queries for the blog contents should noticeably slow down anything faster than a literal toaster.

Good luck running anything usable on that 10 year old garbage pc.

Come on, define "dynamic website". You won't, you're just trying to claim that layers of javascript and fuck knows what else on the server side are "necessary complexity" because the types of site that are dogshit slow are just that sophisticated.

forum.dlang.org/
Is this a dynamic website? It's showing up-to-date user content and it's very fast.

Are werc sites dynamic websites? To publish a blog post or add a subsection to a werc site you just create a markdown file in the relevant directory, which is parsed and processed to HTML at the time of an HTTP request. Again, very fast. Is this dynamic? If not, why not? Because it's fast?

>the size of a coin
no wonder it's faster, the webpages don't have to travel as far through the thing

You are so stupid it hurts.

Have fun with your useless amateur projects nobody cares about.

Another useless post where you only demonstrate a lack of knowledge.

>oh nooo SQL queries are slow
Hang yourself.

The funniest thing is that this web site could have all the modern features of html5 and css3 with ZERO server costs.

Yet here you are feeding me all dem (you)'s ;)

shit features

>i was just pretending
no you're not
you're a fucking idiot

>underrated

>his webpage needs to update the whole DOM for a single change

kys

stop shitting in your hand, ape

have sex incel

DYNAMIC WEBSITE

Attached: growth-average-web-page2014.png (650x511, 15K)

educate yourself

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamic_web_page

If your server has to generate a page for every visitor, you're doing something wrong. Any serious setup caches final pages, turning Wordpress into little more than a build system. Actually serving the page should be instant. And yet...

You still haven't elaborated as to why you think dynamic websites must be demanding and slow.

Attached: webshit(2).png (535x640, 306K)

>dynamic websites must be demanding and slow.
who said that?

>cherry picking an example from Facebook
lol

>a single word split into 11 DOM elements to avoid adblockers

Attached: 1517833235061.jpg (1200x798, 257K)

This is the website for the Debian distribution of GNU/Linux.
debian.org/
Is this what you consider a “useless amateur project?

You said right at the start of this thread YEAH WELL DYNAMIC WEBSITES. What about them?

Jeez talk about jewish

>a single word split into 11 DOM elements to avoid adblockers
Jesus H. Christ

Attached: image.png (1280x960, 986K)

ad-financed websites were a mistake