It now costs $20 to overclock your Intel CPU

>It now costs $20 to overclock your Intel CPU

'The tool itself is free and can be downloaded from here. For added peace of mind, Intel now sells performance tuning protection plans for each of the supported processors, priced at $19.99. This expands the warranty to cover damage caused to the CPU by overclocking'

pcgamer.com/uk/intel-releases-an-automatic-overclocking-tool-for-certain-9th-gen-core-cpus/

OH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

Attached: bafizWCSEDYFGUwHAKks7R-650-80[1].jpg (650x373, 34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

heise.de/newsticker/meldung/Auto-Overclocking-mit-Intel-Performance-Maximizer-4448544.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

At least it's a quick download

Attached: 2019-06-19 13_19_44.png (628x171, 13K)

wtf, 1.5gb for some oc'ing software.

sounds pozzed

>It now costs $20 to overclock your Intel CPU
Please buy the needful intels sirs

Attached: 1544667387109.png (813x1402, 324K)

Jelly?

Attached: 2019-06-19 13_25_46.png (643x297, 12K)

This fucking is phoning home to tell intel that you’ve overclocked your cpu and void your warranty. It keeps getting JUSTer.

Good goy

It was a thing years ago already

> 1.5 GB
how is that even possible? That's the size of an entire OS

You can still do it manually, right?

Yep

should've spent $30 more and got the Athlon 200GE

Tool is free. The insurance policy is $20. The tool runs for several hours, finding the optimal cpu OC for your chip based on your silicon luck.

Doesn't OC ram or i/gpu.

Bretty comfy desu

Attached: 1468338734939.jpg (782x1168, 116K)

just wait available on thepiratebay or 1337x

It's a free download...

That will eventually destroy your CPU

It's a free tool, read anything about it instead of letting pajeets fill your head wih false info

This thread is like a retard litmus test for those who just read the title, assume the title is right, then perpetuate lies.

That's why you spend the $20 to get a free replacement when it does destroy your CPU.

>intel made a tool to automatically oc your cpu and also has a $20 warranty for any problems causes by the program
and this is bad how?

>This thread is like a retard litmus test for those who just read the title, assume the title is right, then perpetuate lies.
That's 99% of leftists.

>1.5gb

Attached: 1560272954466.jpg (267x297, 18K)

Don't most mobo manufacturers have similar software? 1.7GB is insane

no fucking way. you have to be trolling.

>wtf, 1.5gb for some oc'ing software
>oc'ing software
>not realizing he's downloading 1.5gb of botnet backdoor

OC utilities from mobo manufacturers usually suck.
This one looks pretty cool actually. May be a bit extreme in therms of voltage, but with somewhat decent cooling it's not easy to kill a CPU

>spending an extra $20 so you can fry your CPU

>it allows me to use the security "features" properly.

The state of inturds. Literally paying Intel for "features"

>The state of inturds. Literally paying Intel for "features"
What? Utility is free. If you're good with overclocking it can at least help you find an upper limit for CPU without reboots/bluescreens/lots of wasted time and tune down manually from that point.
It literally saves time if you want to OC. How is this bad?

Spot the retards.

>1.5GB of a thing that's usually in-UEFI for your Z390 board
>not a botnet insertion tool
Really? Are you really that dumb?

Just delete it afterwards then. Nothing stop you from doing that. It's kind of useless anyway after you figured out what CPU limit is.

This is literally bullshit. The great thing about overclocking is tuning the system. This literally takes out the fun of it.

Even longtime Intel fans, who've overclocked Celerons since the technique was discovered would spit at the existence of this.

Your generation is too prideful to accept a slight lead by AMD. You could keep shitposting, or you could patiently wait for fucking Sunny Cove just like we waited for Core 2.

This has to be bait

Why can't they just dispense with the smoke and mirrors and tune chips to their maximum ability at the binning stage?

Because not everyone spends $70+ on a high end cooler.

>bait
The problem with you children is that you fucking need to get everything served in a silver platter. Even if you have dosh out money. Be a man and tune the system like a man.

>LARPing as a CPU technician just so you can feel slightly in control of your life
Don't do that.

>we waited for Core 2.
Lol. Dude, chill. I was overclocking shit since my old AMD K5 (well..changing jumper position on mobo is a bit of a sketch for overclocking, but you get the idea).
If you want fun, overclock your RAM with all of the secondary and tertiary timings. CPU is like evening or two worth of time. And I'm totally fine if people don't want to waste it.

Because not everyone owns an industrial chiller.

Is this what it's doing?

>I'm too stupid for overclocking that I need a tool from Intel to guide me through overclocking.
>the DRAM calculator for Ryzen is literally a fraction of Intel's shovelware, hell, any Motherboard Overclock assistance software is smaller.

>Inturds willing to install Spyware for "Overclocking"
No wonder they think that Zombieload is nothing, to them, IT'S A FEATURE.

No, and he has zero proof to back up what he's claiming.

He's just shitting on intel because it's the popular thing to do.

You have zero proof it's doing ANYTHING like what you're claiming

If you actually think it's doing any of that, use a pfsense box or similar to monitor out going network connections for anything going to intel, report back with your findings.

>This literally takes out the fun of it.
You could still do it the regular way if that's what you're into.

if you buy a mostly overpriced intel CPU that should be included wtf

>Spot the retards.

Attached: 1560228829446.png (519x543, 151K)

I bet you enjoy your smartphone camera, right? What would you think of a photographer who said to you what you just wrote?

Intel is literally bracing for impact. They're literally preparing for 9900K/S's being battered into all-core overclocks and killing themselves.

Which is why this silly overclocking insurance is being touted.

don't care as I own a mirrorless camera. and an analog SLR.

To be fair, if that's what you're doing, its a no brainer to buy it.

$20 for an assured single time replacement is a nice deal.

at least it's not $50 this time around

Attached: dims.jpg (600x392, 63K)

>1.5GB
What the fuck? Does it include a whole OS?

remember that they have difficulty stocking 14nm parts.

You could imagine how badly binned that replacement CPU will be.

Lol, you actually think they have the time to bother wasting specifically binning worse CPUs for replacments?

Come on, that would be a fucking headache to actually implement on a production floor.

>OS
The reason is, it is practically it's own OS in a UEFI Boot Image. Which is why there is a lot of limitations for what systems it can run on.
- system must be in UEFI modus
- Win 10 1809 or 1903
- must be on GPT partitioned system disk
- only Z390 chipset

As per this german post -> heise.de/newsticker/meldung/Auto-Overclocking-mit-Intel-Performance-Maximizer-4448544.html it shrinks the system partition, creates a 16GB partitioon and installs the tool to it. Then it boots to that instead of windows and starts testing out the limits of the CPU. They tested with a i5-9600 and an undisclosed cooler and gained 500Mhz. When it's done it basically boots to the Tool, applies the overclock setting, then chainboots windows. That's how I understood it.

If you want to undo the overclock, you have to remove the tool, it won't clean up behind itself though, so you have to re-max the shrunk partition yourself.

>1.5GB download
>16GB hard drive space
They have to be trolling

Attached: troll.jpg__w469.jpg (469x428, 33K)

> The tool itself is free and can bedownloaded from here. For added peace of mind, Intel now sells performance tuning protection plans for each of the supported processors,priced at $19.99. This expands the warranty to cover damage caused to the CPU by overclocking

Read the article first. If you're saying that i'm an intel shill, i use an amd processor ;)

Jesus

Honestly, for people who don't care enough to OC, it's a decent option.

Ryzen Master - 99MB without injecting and ruining your UEFI boot
In-bios overclocking - free
Intel- 1.5GB that expands installs to a 16GB boot partition, 20$ if you fuck it up.

Inturds really are masochists.

Attached: 1494102622842.jpg (1315x794, 510K)

>20$ if you fuck it up
Yeah, whereas with AMD you spend $200+ for a whole new CPU.

PBO is not overclocking, If the CPU fails, we get a free replacement.

Also, people are already content with base speeds, especially for Ryzen having PBO and XFR

Not OP but
>Lol, you actually think they have the time to bother wasting specifically binning worse CPUs for replacments?
YES

>Come on, that would be a fucking headache to actually implement on a production floor.
They already do it for other reasons.

>AMD offers "limited edition" cpus and gpus with different colour for $50 more
>no one says anything
>Intel offers a useful tool for brainlets
>muh jews
I wonder whos behind this post

Attached: 1483974609716.jpg (1100x1002, 540K)

PBO is only officially supported on Threadripper 2nd gen.
Most motherboard manufacturers allow you to enable it on any Ryzen CPU, but it's not at all covered under your warranty.

You're a retard

They're not picking and choosing beyond the normal classifications.

Yes, they bin. But they're not FURTHER binning between NEW 9700k and a replacement 9700k. A 9700k is a 9700k.

OR it's just a ploy by intel
make an OC software that fries your cpu
deny RMA since it was OCed
UNLESS you buy the warranty
which is only there so they can't get sued

>If the CPU fails, we get a free replacement.

Attached: 2019-06-19 16_00_02.png (975x452, 48K)

Bruh, AMD's starting to offer this kind of capability out of the box with automatic PBO

>since it was OCed
literally no way of knowing that dumbass

>jews
cause you also get extra shit with them ... like games, stickers, shirt, ...

>PBO
see

I'm saying it right now because I don't give a fuck. If AMD's Ryzen 3xxx series is dog shit for any reason, I'll be getting a 9900k to replace my R7-1700X. I'll even buy this merchant's trick of $20 to warranty my overclocked 9900k. Vulnerabilities be damned. Sick of bottlenecking my 2080Ti

Pbo is garbage and much worse than manual oc anyways.

CPUs used to literally explode before thermal throttling was a thing.

>PBO is garbage
The only thing it's garbage at is voltage boosting. I enabled PBO on my buddy's 2700X and it wanted to boost to almost 1.5v at peak spikes for 4.3GHz. If you know what you're doing, manual OC is always best because you can also limit voltage ceiling and LLC. But for your general user, PBO just takes care of everything for you.

Source?

Precision Boost 2 is literally just on every Ryzen 3rd gen, have you guys been paying attention at all

Then better wait a week after 3xxx launches and intel releases patches for all the security flaws.
They intentionally aren't releasing them before 3xxx reviews are out.

>Source?
anyone with a brain?

I undervolt instead and use voltage smoothing to keep it in line.

PB2 is not PBO

as far as I know, there has been no official word on PBO for Ryzen 3000 chips.

>They intentionally aren't releasing them before 3xxx reviews are out
lmao source besides your ass?

I'm going to be a day one buyer of the Ryzen 3900X 12c24t and Asus ROG Crosshair Hero motherboard, reviewers can get fucked. Do my own. Since I'm buying from Microcenter, I can return it for any reason within 2 weeks, 2 years if I get warranty (which I will). I'll get it, set it all up, bench it. I'll even give AMD a chance to throw at patches in regards to 7nm growing pains. But if it stays shit, back to the store it goes.

>day one buyer
>if I get warranty (which I will)
good goy

>time replacement
>replacement time
3-6 months + another 2-3 weeks duty + you pay duty and tax for importing a replacement

>voltage smoothing
What's that? Google only brings up shit about capacitors. Is that any more efficient than just doing what I am?

ThEHERE'S BeEN No WOrd oN PBo fO RR RYzeN 3000

Attached: aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS9BLzUvODQxNDY5L29yaWdpbmFsL1RyYXZpc0tfRG9uVy1OZXh0X0hvcml6b25f (711x457, 52K)

lmao, how retarded are you?

It ships from the same place they ship their retail partner shit from.

Thanks! It's great not being poor.

I always forget the name. It's a BIOS setting where you have 8 different voltage states. Usually between 3 and 4 smooths the voltage ripples out and stablizes an overclock or undervolt. Someone will tell me what it is I am sure.

Even the 3400G is supporting PBO

Attached: aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS9BLzMvODQxNDY3L29yaWdpbmFsL1RyYXZpc0tfRG9uVy1OZXh0X0hvcml6b25f (711x457, 62K)

You fucking retard, it doesn't cost 20 bucks to OC your processor, the $20 is an option to expand the factory warranty to include damage from OCing. But fuck reading comprehension, right?

You don't understand, just do the needful and buy AMD goy.

LLC? Load Line Calibration? Prevents voltage droop or boost. Sets a minimum and maximum allowed voltage.

That's the one. Brain dead here.