Was I scammed? is this PSU rated only at 144W or am I not reading the label right?

Was I scammed? is this PSU rated only at 144W or am I not reading the label right?

Attached: 20190619_193851.jpg (4032x3024, 2.81M)

LoL can you even power a calculator with that.?

Its powering an i5-8400, 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2400MHz, gigabyte H310m mobo and kingston 240GB SSD, and a CD-ROM drive

70W + 144W + 3.6W + 10W

hell no it isn't lol, where did you buy this at 7-11 or what

144W max over the +12V rail.

“Made in China” is English for “will definitely cause a fire”

You add all those up for total power output, 144w is just what it outputs on the 12v rail.

Your -12V rail isn't great but isn't terrible.

They're all made in china

I mean it is, I'm using it and it works great but I just discovered this when I wanted to put in a graphics card and read the PSU label

You have a crappy power supply that might cause problems.

it's going to blow up in your face anyway with poor design, fabrication and QC so it doesn't matter. attach it to your nips and you'll get lightning powers

lmao, no fucking way. That PSU has a power efficiency of roughly 25%. House fire or dead mobo waiting to happen.

dont cheap out on your power supply retard its the only part that can everything else when it goes

...for now. Godspeed ignorant person

Attached: this_is_fine.jpg (300x168, 11K)

>PSU takes in like 960w
>can only output a little over 225w
This its literally going to kill you and everyone you love.

>ms industrial
Lemme guess, you're in one of the ex-YU countries, right?

I switch it off when I'm not using it

Your CPU will probably use 80-90% of that output during load. Your fucked man, I didn't even know they made such underpowered PSUs.

ok you're fine then lmao

Yes I am, can you tell me more about this crap?

since Jow Forums is apparently retarded and doesn't understand what this chart is saying, it's telling you the output for EACH OUTPUT TYPE it does not have exactly one of each of these DC connections. this is a guide telling you how much each plug can output in watts so that you can match it to your hardware.

it's just a shitty one from a no name manufacturer.

you're using 90% of its output right now at load. if you add a GPU it will just power off under load or blow up, potentially taking the other components with it. I seriously doubt something that shit would have very good protections in place to prevent such a thing.

Since you're the only one who knows what he's talking about can I then conclude that this PSU is 227W or 500W like it says on the box

Never go cheap on the PSU

144w on the +12v rail. this is what powers your gpu and cpu. it outputs 227w total. an overclocked i5 is likely to hit 120w

i'm not even sure if it's safe to power a 486 with that, consider investing in an EVGA 450W PSU at the absolute minimum, preferably a seasonic 520W

Thank you

Looks like something they put in those shitty prebuilts. Judging by its ~12EUR price, the best thing to do is to just throw it away.

Will do

so you'll need an upgrade if adding a GPU. I'd recommend something good like a Seasonic, FSP or Superflower.

220-ishW combined.
144W on 12V rail
70W on 3.3 and 5V rail.

Considering last two, I would suppose that this is china classic power supply.
Your CPU is 65W (Intel), so it is about 80 real watts.
CPU is powered from 12V line, so it is more than enough.
If you don't have external graphics - it is enough, but without any expansion margin. Not even RAM or second HDD.
They had told you the truth though. Many other chink power supplies say 900W, while they output 100W at best.

>cheaping out on a PSU
Cmon user

it certainly is, but that thing will croak or go boom if op ever tries to add a GPU

>I wanted to put in a graphics card
don't