You guys, this guy cares more for open source than he cares for free software, no matter what he tells you...

You guys, this guy cares more for open source than he cares for free software, no matter what he tells you. The GPL licenses force anyone to open source their work if it builds upon code licensed under the GPL. This is essentially restrictive and therefore not free.

Stallman defends open source, NOT "free software".

Attached: FlICmGnj.jpg (1395x1395, 137K)

it respects the freedom of the user, just not that of the developer. Fuck devs, they can be my slaves

Attached: chad.jpg (822x960, 50K)

free software must remain free

Source code should be free for EVERYONE, not just the user. It is essentially restrictive if it isn't.

That's paradoxically, and ironically, a restriction

cope, dev tard
You are my slave and my ownership contract is the GPL. Go code me a new tool to entertain myself with

>cope
That's simply just another way of acknowledging I'm right.

you are free to use gpl code in your proprietary project, but you are not free from recourse

That's a restriction

no thats a consequence

killing people is against the law, not everyone who kills goes to jail ("loses their freedom"). because there are of course exceptions. killing is therefore not a restriction of freedom.

Killing and not going to jail is NOT exception. That's the system failing to keep up with 100% of all criminals.

This is something entirely different

are 100% of those who have killed behind bars

if not then that is exception

This is not about physically stopping someone. It's about being allowed to steal code. Which you're not, as per the restrictive license.

That's not an exception because they're not excused to go to jail. They have been caught.

Again, this is something entirely different

born free -> freedom taken away

agreed?

code is free -> freedom taken away by proprietary licensing or theft

*they haven't been caught.

by your own defintion you are not free user because you are not presently committing every imaginable crime.

Code is free -> taken away by *restricting* (key word) to not clone and make it proprietary

I am definitely not free. Neither are you, or anyone here.