What is objectively the best Linux distro? First one to say install Gentoo must kill themselves

What is objectively the best Linux distro? First one to say install Gentoo must kill themselves.

Attached: images(3).jpg (721x425, 31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2019/06/05/its-time-to-pay-attention-to-zorin-os-15-the-best-desktop-linux-distro-youve-never-heard-of/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Install Gentoo
>First one to say install Gentoo must kill themselves.
I refuse

Install Funtoo

fedora
why use manjaro when arch exists?

>why use manjaro when arch exists
this
t. comfy arch linux w/ cinnamon user

None. Use OpenBSD instead.

Now that someone already said it so I don't have to kms, Gentoo. Great distro. All the others are pretty much the same. Gentoo at least tries something different.

I still don't understand the point of distros that are "based on" other distros, like Manjaro is based on Arch and Mint is based on Ubuntu. Literally just install the DE you like

>What is objectively the best Linux distro?
>First one to say install Gentoo must kill themselves.
You should kill yourself
What is objectively the best way to end your life?

Ubuntu

gentoo seriously

I don't fucking understand why Manjaro exists. Something like Antergos has its purpose; a nice live installer for the real thing with small customizations, but Manjaro is fucking terrible.

>we le hold back packages becuz security hurr

It makes no sense to use an Arch-based distro for stable stuff. Just use Debian.

>be some college student/neet with a lot of free time
>hmm I'm bored
>I will make linux distro
>*checks LFS*
>hmm this is hard
>quickly learns how to make bootable images out of barebones distros(debian, arch, gentoo, slack if smart)
>takes said distro
>adds his favourite DE
>eventually make a repo with the same packages the upstream has but older and close-to-none mirrors
>"hmm this looks generic"
>"hello my friend from failed art class, can you make an amazing theme with Mac/Windows look-and-feel so I can call my distro "targeted to newcomers/windows boomers/macintosh homos because my distro doesn't do something interesting at all?
>"k"
>*learns how to make a basic gtk theme in half an hour*
>*makes some shitty windows/mac rip-off incomplete gtk theme that breaks every program that is not the terminal emulator*
>"done"
>"k thanks"
>*slaps theme*
>*slaps some shitty electron Welcome screen just for de originality lul*
>calls """"his"""" distro something like Dildo Linux
>doesn't know how to setup up a phpBB server
>makes a subreddit and a wix website instead
>"Dildo Linux - aimed for homos and negros"
>hires his fishy friend from discord to make a clickbot for distrowatch
>gives the false illusion that somebody actually uses this amazing distro
>author gets bored and suddenly dies.
Your average Debian/Ubuntu/Arch based distro.

Pic. Just describe the system you want in a friendly configuration.nix and forget about it. Just update the system and the file as needed. Plus extremely easy to keep several development toolchains basically in every project folder in a same manner (man nix-shell). Plus literal impossibility to snafu your system, besides if you are special and manage to kill your filesystem or bootloader (due to super-easy rollbacks)

Attached: nixos-hires.png (1346x392, 50K)

Because I want to use Arch because it's the best rolling release distro but I'm not on the spectrum so I want an actual installer

Copy a kernel config from Clear Linux and install Gentoo. Compile your packages on a powerful cloud server. You aren't a fatass NEET who spends all their money on food, right?

Manjaro+Budgie is nice I think. Good for the noobies but still has that nice AUR + rolling release.

Guix System is superior

Manjaro is pretty similar to Arch once you change your branch to "unstable" which is Arch's "stable" branch. I usually get new software updates around the same time Arch get's it's packages updated. It's pretty nice to not have to worry about having the latest software updated without having the juggle between snap/flatpaks/the outdated official repos. Most of the software I use are on the official repos so I rarely use the AUR.

Does it feel faster for anyone else to install packages with pacman + the PKG format compared to apt + debs even though they're both binaries?

source mage

Attached: Smgl_logo.png (238x125, 30K)

>freetard is superior
>poorly supported reinvented init is superior

pic related

Attached: Puffy_mascot_openbsd.gif (800x689, 69K)

You can install non-free software fine. It's just not supported in the main repo

based nix bro

Attached: nixgirl.png (1920x1080, 533K)

Zorin OS

forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2019/06/05/its-time-to-pay-attention-to-zorin-os-15-the-best-desktop-linux-distro-youve-never-heard-of/

Attached: Screenshot-from-2019-06-05-11-42-26-1200x675.png (711x399, 499K)

Just use Arco if you want a light and preconfigured Arch based system now that antergos is dead

I tried to install arch first but I'm a tard and gave up after I fucked up the uefi boot configuration twice in a row. I wanted to use xfce anyway so I just installed manjaro, took like 10 min to remove the bloat I didn't want and I'm now comfy af. brainlets deserve linux too.

gentoo

bye, worth it