Attached: brainlet7.png (621x702, 56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.thinkpads.com/viewtopic.php?t=121817
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes

No

yup

Yah mayne I have a t420 and it's old as fuarrk

why tho? My local libary are selling some cheap ones and I want to hoard them. Like 4 of each for 1000€. They are low spec versions with no fingerprint reader tho.

Attached: bikehelmetwojak.png (403x448, 53K)

I don't know

Its like 7 years old dude.

Thinkpads have HDR screens and 14 hour battery life now.

they are all 1366 × 768 tho
1600x900 cost 50€ more, and only t520 are

Attached: tardjak.jpg (720x303, 27K)

what model do you recommend then?

No they are putting 1440p HDR screens in the newer t and x series.

i bought a t400 off of ebay for like $25 and was never able to get it stable, it got acpi errors and just acts funky. also the screen is little loose.

Only buy them if you want to scalp retards on eBay. Anything below a T440p/s is garbage nowadays no matter what chinktards say. They perform like shit, weight tons and have terrible batteries.

yes, the X250/T450/T550 are almost the same price on Ebay nowadays

T420 is nice if you like having it plugged in 24/7

The X230 and 220 are faster than the later ones because they aren’t ULV.

With the latest security updates, those rinky dink CPUs become celerons. Good riddance.

forum.thinkpads.com/viewtopic.php?t=121817

They’re literally more powerful than the latest laptops

lol no my "ulv" is a quad core part that hits 4Ghz boost

They are literally the last real Thinkpads, buy them while you can. They have already bottomed out in price years ago and have been getting more expensive.

Better investment than Intel stock.

I use my T420 and X230 with mitigations=off. I don't give a fuck about security :^)

when it has minimum 8GB RAM and SSD (even cheap shit will be good enough), it's decent for basic stuff
but it's hot as fuck, 80+ degrees Celsius is nothing suprising in this laptop and they are worth only if the price is low

You’re probably doing it wrong. I never see my laptops getting that hot, ever.

Or you can buy a dirt cheap ryzen 2500U laptop that BTFOs any and all chinkpads and is more secure.

Maybe

possibly its due to high temperatures outside. when it's cooler (like 17-20 degrees Celsius) it gets reasonable 70 degrees Celsius on CPU. Maybe I'm exagerrating a little bit, bit you should be prepared for hitting 80+°C during summers.

I easily hit 90°+ with my T420 while compiling shit. It's 55°-65° while browsing with Chromium and open Windows 10 VM, which is okay-ish I think.

it's pretty good, indeed.
at this moment i have my T420, and in idle it hit 52, maybe 53 degrees, when watching movies on opera it was 68-71 degrees. But assuming that evenings are cooler, i could easily hit 70 degrees being only in idle during the hot day (34°C outside, so pretty hot). I don't say that T420 is housefire, but it can be really hot, and considering the performance of 2520M and the prices of T430 and T440, I don't know if T420 is worth considering. But it has a nice keyboard.

1000 eurobucks for 12 ThinkPads... That's actually not a bad deal if they're in good shape

Mine is standing on a even wood desk, the vents a free and I cleaned them like a week ago.

Attached: Untitled.png (858x670, 77K)

my x220 sticks around 45-50C in general use.
Only time it's gone to 80 was when I was accidentally streaming a yt video in MPV in 4k, but at 1080p or lower it does just fine.

acceptable if you're poor and can't afford anything better