Are there any better text editing software for programming?

are there any better text editing software for programming?

Attached: Sublime_Text_3_logo.png (256x256, 13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

spacemacs.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

vim

Sublime text is the only editor that isn't electron (vscode), and doesn't require loads of arcane configuration twiddling (vim, emacs).

plus it's written in C++

why can't other companies follow suite?

no, sublime is the best

>why can't other companies follow suite?
it's cheaper to get webshit devs to write apps in Electron, and Electron apps, whilst bloated and shit, are just about good enough

A general purpose text editor, not a dedicated programming editor.
Not bad, but Sublime is far more easier to use

I'm working on a C project and would like to switch from VSCode to something that can do proper autocompletion without making me want to kill myself.
Is Sublime the correct answer? I don't remember it being very good for C.

don't some parts use python? either way basedblime text is the best editor out there

>don't some parts use python
Sublime Text uses python for plugins

vim

Imagine being this fucking retarded

i refuse to use anything other than sublime text

how about that virtual studio code one?

piece of garbage good luck working on large spaghetti code bases with this trash

Sublime doesn't have any plugins so it's basically useless.

no other editor loads up gigantic text files as well and quickly as sublime

>being this retard
?

notepad++
gedit
kate/kwrite

Used nvim for awhile, but sublime is better. You can use vim key bindings in vintage mode.

VSCode has sick themes so you're wrong

have sex

>muh themes

show bob

>muh muh

nice stutter, gayboy.

>he doesn't know about ctrl+alt+p

Attached: 1540903324108.jpg (500x500, 144K)

Shit plugins. Vscode have much better language support with language servers and intellisense together with universal code reformat support. In sublime you have to install separate plugin for every file extension(with some providing support for multiple formats) and bind unique keybind to each, like ctrl-shift-f for java, ctrl-shift-k for python and so on. It's the upside of the js - it's fucking easier to develop disregarding bloat.

have sex

>vscode: Microsoft product, hundreds odf people working on it
>Sublime Text: couple of guys working on it

why something which clearly is made for hobbyists by hobbyists

>something which clearly is made for hobbyists by hobbyists is better than corporate product

lmfao

>hundreds odf people working on it
Majority of plugins are made by volunteers, it's mostly underlying system made by MS guys and that system is miles better than sublime has.
>couple of guys working on it
paid guys

>paid guys
your point?
>underlying system made by MS guys
paid guys

>Majority of plugins are made by volunteers,
same as Sublime

My point is that if there is no difference, then why use subpar paid closed product instead of open-source free(like in beer) better alternative?

because those guys want to get something out of their hard work? They don't work for a big ass company either.

many people survive by selling software. if you were in their position you would want something too

But why am i should care about those guys? They had basically a free run with their product when there was like no alternative for 5+ years, they could've used profits to launch an actual company like JetBrains. But all they did is to continue making subpar product that became irrelevant the moment atom and vscode appeared.

>Sublime doesn't have any plugins
(not true, by the way)

It doesn't even have a Flutter plugin.

>Flutter

Attached: 1508255132712.png (1000x700, 101K)

Yeah, that's right. Sublime is probably a decent Javascript editor, but not much else.

>Flutter plugin.
Write it yourself

I have better things to do with my life. Sublime doesn't have industry support like VSCode does.

>vscode: Microsoft product, hundreds of people working on it + Marketing department
>Sublime Text: couple of guys working on it

VSCode is the answer. I had the same experience - VSC required zero additional setup in order to autocomplete with header files, and other nice shit like inline peeking of function defintions/signatures

IntelliJ has usually had better autocompletion than VSCode.

vim, sublime and vs code are all good at some things and worse in others. Nowadays I just switch between them depending on what I’m doing, I usually spend my time in vim but if something comes up that I know will be much easier in vs code or sublime I’ll just use that for the thing. They are just tools, use them, there is no point in religiously sticking to one editor no matter what.

nano

I paid for my SublimeText license. Haven't regret it. Legit best text editor out there.
>inb4 muh vs code
That bloated program is the in between of an IDE and Text Editor.

Nano.

and it is hurting ST future.

how so? are you going to write plugins in C++?

VS Code

Just download a distribution if you don't want to configure it yourself. Below is what I use, has pretty much everything I need (and more) right out of the gate, plus vim-like bindings.

spacemacs.org/

Kate is good