Now that the dust has settled, what is your honest opinion on Windows 10?

Now that the dust has settled, what is your honest opinion on Windows 10?

Attached: 1.jpg (800x400, 33K)

it's quite good
shit just works man

Attached: 1394677007584.jpg (800x450, 48K)

I've been around since MS-DOS 2.0 and it's the best OS I've used.

It fulfills my computer needs. I have zero reason to use any other OS.

it's quite bad
shit just breaks man

garbage forced update with (((features))) that introduce more bugs every time a new patch comes out.

-telemetry
-microsoft as a service (cringe)
-delivery (((optimization)))
-forced updates
-forced services
-services that turn the services you turned off back on
-my pc is not a phone, stop treating it like one
stop trying to reinvent something that's tried and true.
-garbage gui
-obscured advanced menus
-reskinned gui missing features that are present but now hidden

Not much else to say since it just werks
Now someone tell me does it make much of a difference between pro/education/enterprise etc if I'm gonna run a debloat script anyway?

Attached: CGOtherHollowFragment.jpg (960x544, 114K)

fpbp
Just works.

rdp is not available on home version

don't run debloat scripts, it's bad for your computer
plus MS needs that info to make the OS better

It's a great OS to play games and shit. If you just want to work, it's out of the question.

I had a laptop come with it so I tried it a bit and jesus fucking christ. How is it even possible to be so shit? It makes everything so hard. I would rather edit a file in vim any fucking day than use all the GUI bullshit with inconsistent design. You can't even properly monitor shit and they hide all the malware in other processes. Some fucking service installed candy crush and that is when I wiped the system.

their qa team is literally r/windows10

Attached: 1561073076868.jpg (258x245, 12K)

All the girls and popular guys at my college run Windows 10. The only people using Windows 7 or that pinguin software are incel losers

Linux users, everyone.
>The purpose of an OS isn't there to run apps, it's for me to sit there and monitor it at idle!

It's really innovative for an OS, I have to admit.

>security updates that make you LESS secure
>stability updates that make the OS more unstable
>feature updates that remove features

Microsoft truly is a pioneer.

Attached: 1560396853124.gif (500x529, 715K)

Windows users, everyone.
>The purpose of an OS isn't there to run my apps, it's for me to sit there and monitor ms telemetry!

It's one of if not the worst OS i've ever used.

Attached: detective-mae-night-in-the-woods.jpg (1280x720, 87K)

Telemetry to reduce app problems, which is why it's so good at running them.

That post was truly awful. It is plainfully/painfully obvious that you do not belong here. But that is okay! There is a positive solution. Rather than trying to fit in, you should strongly consider going to a site more suitable for posters like you, such as reddit, tumblr, or maybe even Gaia! You have plenty of options. You will be happy, and we will be happy. Best of luck, but don't come back. Bye~!

>-forced updates
You can literally disable updates in services and never have to update.
>-services that turn the services you turned off back on
Such thing doesn't exist, stop being inbred, services only turn on again if you do a re-install or a big update because the OS refreshes itself.

>WAAAAH I HATE TECH AND JUST WANT TO WAVE A FLAG WITH MY OS NAME ON IT!
This is Jow Forums - Technology. You seem to have taken a wrong turn. What you're looking for is Jow Forums.

u forgot
>""""DARK THEME""""

>services only turn on again if

Attached: 1561070458836.png (464x401, 132K)

It's alright, I prefer Manjaro with KDE but since I only play Vidya on my desktop and my laptop have an AMOLED display I'm sorta stuck with Windows 10.

no u

Attached: the-linus.jpg (520x317, 25K)

It's shit but at least it's not linux

pic related

Attached: 1 (1).jpg (800x400, 30K)

Like all versions of Windows, it is malware and should be avoided.

works bretty good on my machine. ltsc mustard race.

LTSC is the best version of Windows

It's still shit though

Using it since open beta.
It's trash, but it runs muh video juegos.

Which laptop is it

>samefagging this hard

Attached: Capture.png (396x120, 5K)

what you're looking for is reddit, soiboy.

Attached: 250px-Pol_logo.png (250x250, 88K)

totally not hard to edit in mspaint, cuck.

Better than windows 7, worse than linux and even mac os

>inconsistent design

Quintessential reddit complaint

Never had any problem with it.

The dust has been settled for years you fucking retard, and Windows 10 is still fucking dog shit

It is the worst thing that has happened to desktops.

>forced updates
>literally the first windows that doesn't force you

Attached: wew.png (320x208, 23K)

You have never tried that of which you speak.
Windows 10 will re-activate services you turn off.

Actually made me jump ship to linux. I'm not even a freetard, it was just that bad.

>Such thing doesn't exist
>only if
You are kinda special.

If windows resets your telemetry settings then users will defend this with:
>because the OS refreshes itself
Nice!
A graph which shows the average iq to an os would be cool.

debloated ltsc is as good as windows ever got

Windows Ink alone makes windows 10 an absolute catastrophe.

They made multiple monitors support WORSE. As if it wasn’t bad enough already. Your mouse now gets stuck in the corners between monitors and there is no option, not even a registry hack, to disable this “””feature”””.

The worst update service in PC history.
Something new breaks every update and never gets fixed.

Dogshit ui design.

Pervasive spyware

Default drivers unable to disable tap-to-click on a fucking touchpad.

>making points THIS shit to cope with the fact that opinions other than yours exist
the absolute state of Jow Forums

Attached: 20190621_181729.jpg (504x223, 32K)

I chuckled

>MUUUHH SHAAAYGREEET KLUUUGHHB ISS NAGHT FAWR WRGEDDDDDIT GNOOORMIIEEEZZZ!!
how about you leave the site if you don't like it anymore

Pam pam param parampam pam

Are you high?

This one is minor because the photo viewer is easily replaced.
Default photo viewer app closes itself after a set amount of time so if i have my reference images open while i draw and i go take a break i have to re-open them.

Default photo viewer is also un-navigable on a pen tablet because it automatically switches to edit mode if i even so much as hover my pen over it. If i exit edit mode it instantly re-enters it because pen el oh el.

Attached: 1561068232022.jpg (1241x1241, 92K)

huh, pressed the wrong thing going into audit mode just now, and the taskbar popped up... during OOBE
that's different

Attached: no, this isn't right.png (800x600, 37K)

>Telemetry to reduce app problems, which is why it's so good at running them.
God I wish I was this blissfully ignorant and naive.

Here's a great example of the ridiculous pajeet quality control at MS:

>be on the latest Win 10 version (1903)
>set taskbar to autohide
>click on the Start button and watch the taskbar spack out - First it'll disappear, then reappear and THEN it'll finally open the Start menu

Attached: pajeet.jpg (550x335, 23K)

>autohiding the task bar
Are you 16:9 subhuman race?

To be fair auto-hiding the taskbar has always been broken. That entire feature is the perfect representation of microsoft qa and commitment to fixing their shit.

>ha, I bet your screen follows the universal global standard! how's that for an accusation, huh?

>he doesn't know 16:10 exists

I just tried it on 1809 and it seems to work fine.

best OS Microsoft has ever created.

16:10 is fucking dead and has no quality panels out.

>I just tried it on 1809 and it seems to work fine.

"be on the latest Win 10 version (1903)" ... That's because it only affects 1903 you faggot.

100% accurate. I said the same thing on their "feedback hub" app and my feedback magically disappeared.

People were also posting about the issue many months before 1903 was released but they ignored it.

Best os available. Don't listen to guys like

I don’t know about 10 because i forget the feature exists but in all version of windows before 10 auto-hiding was broken. It frequently enters a state where you can’t unhide it without using the meta-key. A problem that makes the feature unusable yet microsoft just ignores it.

Priority 2 bug :)

Priority 1 being (botchedly) implementing and pushing meaningless new “features” such as windows ink.

That was in response to "auto-hiding the taskbar has always been broken."
It worked from at least Windows 98 (I don't remember ever trying it on 95) up until 10 1809, so that doesn't seem to be the case.

>runs perfect on my thinkstation
>does everything i want a computer to do
>linux subsystem gives me my comfy bash and irssi
>never ran into any problem
what's not to like?

16:10 is a great aspect ratio for monitors, but sadly it's pretty much died at this point. So i'm stuck with 16:9.

My first 16:10 monitor was a 30" Dell with 2560x1600 in mid 2006... Back then that monitor size and resolution was like the equivalent to having a 45" 8K HDR monitor these days. I miss taking the piss out of low res peasants.

I don't like it, switched to Linux

>It frequently enters a state where you can’t unhide it without using the meta-key
Ok, now that you mention it I do remember that happening a few times in the last 21 years.
I would not call "a few times in 21 years" to be "frequent," though.

fuck you, satan!
>-telemetry
don't do insider builds then
>-microsoft as a service (cringe)
get a license, cuck
>-delivery (((optimization)))
>-forced updates
good. i remember the days people never updated their machines because faggots like you argued about cia botnets and they ended up catching every trojan and virus in existence
>-forced services
>-services that turn the services you turned off back on
yeah, no
>-my pc is not a phone, stop treating it like one
>stop trying to reinvent something that's tried and true.
are you drunk?
>-garbage gui
coming from a guy who probably uses some "minimalist bullshit" to play 31337
>-obscured advanced menus
good. those who need them find them and those who don't won't fuck up their installation
>-reskinned gui missing features that are present but now hidden
see above

May be dependent on whether you do things that trigger it frequently or not.
If i enable auto-hiding it’s broken more often than not.

4channel is an 18+ community, hon

Attached: 1560967981307.jpg (569x760, 46K)

Its so awful how they are trying really hard to take control away from user (me) that i upgraded to windows 7. The last drop was how they uninstalled few programs, installed candy crush and reseted few settings.

Attached: img_5b2d7480d69d2.png (650x300, 15K)

Attached: a.png (100x86, 2K)

>underage is posting this post
honk honk

Viruses
Trojans
Ransomware
Spyware
0-day every week
Bloat
Lags
4Gb is not enough even to boot

Are you talking about Linux?

Seek psychiatric assistance

reddit loves linux though

Linux has far more exploits than Windows does nowadays, and my Android phone uses more RAM than my Windows desktop.

Linux was a mistake.

Tried Linux a few years ago. Was shit. Never again.

Attached: 1504861359373.png (1302x2155, 107K)

haven't used Windows at home for ages but I sure was glad when we upgraded from the clusterfuck that was 8 at my old job

>It worked from at least Windows 98

The autohide taskbar has never worked properly. For example, how many times are you using something in a maximised/fullscreen window, and the taskbar doesn't appear when you move your mouse cursor to the bottom of the screen? It's an especially bad problem with maximised browser windows (doesn't matter which browser). This has happened forever and is still common in Win10 1903. It's a 20+ year old issue at this point. I've built 50+ Windows PC's in that time and they've all had this problem.
I remember it the taskbar also getting stuck and never disappearing, and the only fix was to restart. This very rarely happens with Win 10 but fucking hell did that shit annoy me on XP, Vista and Win 7.

There's tons of other issues and weird quirks like this with taskbar autohide. I think this is the kinda stuff user meant when they said it's always been broken.

Did you really just screenshot a bunch of arguments on a high school level?

i've used it a handful of times, and don't recall ever having issues with it

>Viruses
Wrong unless you are using some pirated copy downloaded from sleazy site or disable vital security features of the OS.
>Trojans
Same as above.
>Ransomware
>Spyware
None unless you consider user experience improving telemetry as "spyware".
>0-day every week
Factually incorrect.
>bloat
The OS offering useful features you don't find useful yourself for whatever reasons is not "bloat".
>lags
Only if you are using 15 year old computer.
>4gb is not enough even to boot
Again, don't use archaic ancient computers. Even the cheapest walmart laptop will be dozens of times more capable than whatever you are using and actually capable to run modern operating system with modern must-have features.

>install windows ltsb in 2016
>nothing reactivated since
>only install monthly security updates/fixes manually
if you know how to actually disable services you wouldn't say that shit idiot

I can literally smell the blend of poo and hot asphalt coming through my monitor while reading this

It's fucking shit. I don't even use it as main OS and it generates more problems than my Arch. I only use it to stream Zelda BotW to my TV and it literally can't do that. After 20h of playthrough it started to run like shit no matter what I try. Also Windows keep showing that update prompt interrupting my games and if I don't react it restarts the system. But it never actually updates anything, every time I restart it says that it couldn't update because my computer was off. No shit you FBI nigger you restarted it yourself. How am I supposed to debug it? There is no logs, no journal, just Sorry Nothing. I only want to play some Zelda, that's the only reason I keep this shit around.
Yeah shit just works, except when it doesn't, then you are fucked.

I'm mad.

Attached: maxresdefault (2).jpg (688x720, 66K)

You have to pirate this right

No you can just buy a special needs enterprise license for a 1000-something bucks.

>click check for updates
>downloads and installs some updates
>gotta restart to continue breh
>restart
>click check for updates
>everything is up to date!
>click check for updates
????

Ya so i dont think you can have a strong defense of windows when part of your solution is pirating sketchy software
Or paying "a 1000"

1903 made Windows 10 what it should have been from day 1.

Still prefer 8.1 / 2012r2 because nostalgia, but that's not a good enough reason.

So prod runs Server 2016 / Win 10, and dev mirrors prod, and adds Debian and Kubernetes to the mix.