Thermalright's got a new 100% liquid metal thermal paste out

Thermalright's got a new 100% liquid metal thermal paste out.
thermalright.com/product/silver-king-1g/

Attached: thermalright-silver-king.png (833x820, 211K)

'do not use with aluminum' means its gallium

Attached: 1560975699626.gif (413x243, 51K)

>it's another $30 for 1g of metal product to gain 3°C
Yay

$12 on newegg shipped from China. $21 for 3g.

Honestly just get a better cooler. Too much risk for a few degrees difference.

Yeah but once you already have the best cooler out there, then using this will take it a few degrees further.

most cpu coolers not having pure copper bases renders this item in a very fringe spot

It's a premium liquid metal thermal compound, you didn't actually expect it to have a large market did you?

>they still use a liquid or paste on their cpu to transfer heat
chad graphite thermal pad here

Graphite pads only make sense if you're regularly switching about CPU/MB.

It's WHOLE point is that it's reusable.

It's actual thermal properties really aren't all that appealing if you don't need the reusablity factor.

Aren't nickel plated copper mostly the standard? What other bases are used on aftermarket coolers?

they are on par with high quality thermal paste, and unlike those they don't dry out, it's also more convenient to apply. and it doesn't leak out like a liquid could.

>they are on par with high quality thermal paste
metrics

Who is dumb enough to fall for this meme? Just use AMX4 and spend your money on a proper cooler.

He's just quoting Puget systems, who ended the review with
>Graphite pads are not quite the homerun we had hoped they would be, but that doesn't mean they don't have their place. The question we need to decide is simply whether they are a good idea for our workstations or if the tried and true method of using thermal paste is what we should stick with.

Anything wrong with gallium?

It fucks up aluminum.
Here is an aluminum coldplate after only ~12 hours of a galium based liquid metal compound.

Attached: liquid-metal-impact-aluminum3.jpg (2200x1405, 373K)

Nickle plated copper is what is used on your CPU IHS, as well as what is used on MOST decent CPU coolers.

If not just bare copper.

Sometimes coolers have flattened heatpipes in a block of aluminum like in pic related. Shit would amalgamate with gallium compound.

Attached: spc-coolers-fortis-cold-plate-1920x537.jpg (1920x537, 86K)

>absolutely non-toxic

sounds like Very legal, Very cool!

That's pretty rare for any decent mid-rang to high end coolers

Attached: 6313_14_noctua_nh_d15_cpu_cooler_review_full.jpg (1300x975, 119K)

I mean other than that.

CPUs and all of the decent coolers are nickel plated copper so i wouldn't worry for them a lot.
Also other liquid metals seem to all have some gallium in them, it's about the only metal that makes liquid alloys at room temperature and isn't mercury

Not really, it just fucks up aluminum so retards with cheap shitty heat sinks wanting to improve their thermal performance without replacing their cooler will buy it and fuck up their cooler.

I think it's more for the people who have i9s and treadrippers with DH15 and want to overclock them some more or have it really quiet rather than retarded children with stock aluminium extrusions.

no shit, but it wont stop retard children from buying it and fucking up their heat sinks anyway.

Already happened dozens of times with the other galium based liquid metal thermal compounds.

Is the TF-X worth?

>electrically conductive: yes
>harmless: yes

OOOOF

My stock AMD cooler comes with a copper plate.

Yes, yes it does.

That doesn't stop someone from buying a cheap AIO with an aluminum cold plate.

Especially OEM AIO units tend to use cheap as fuck cold plates.

Yea it eats it.

placebo

3C is a lot

it's named after France (no joke)

Can i just buy pure gallium? It's $0.39/g on Amazon.

I would think that's too runny, imagine it running outta the gap and into socket.

The commercial paste are a gallium allow with ultra thin posder to make it somewhat pasty and sticky

Thermal compound and the obsession with finely tuned cooling is the biggest fucking meme with computer enthusiasts to ever happen. How valueless is your time that you spend countless hours and hundreds of dollars to make your CPU run 2 degrees cooler? Re-evaluate your fucking life.

Attached: ,7-V-245227-3.jpg (468x351, 26K)