Buyer's remorse

I bought this a few months ago and I hate everything about it. It's too late for a refund, and too big to bother shipping. what do?

Attached: 71b4mQufUKL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 158K)

Why do you hate it?

>gayming branded monitor
look at this dood

>overclock display to 120hz
when will this meme end?

I know someone who bought a similar one and it wont OC to it's full potential after a few months of use, Acer claims they don't promise it can OC to the advertised speed, just that is what it's potential to OC is.

So he's basically shit out of luck with a panel that wont go past ~90hz.

>gayming
>ultrawide
>gay-sync
>gay curve

Attached: Smile2.jpg (362x310, 48K)

>cer claims they don't promise it can OC to the advertised speed, just that is what it's potential to OC is
What the fuck Acer?
This isn't like a CPU where there is silicon lottery involved, it's either the LCD controller can do 120hz at native resolution or it cannot, there is no "maybe" in this
No what the fuck Acer is doing is shipping multiple models of panel in the same model of monitor and they are just saying you might get lucky and get the one that can do 120hz
Monitor makers are fucking scum

>ultrawide
>gaming
>not even 144hz stock

Attached: lelbron4.png (405x396, 265K)

>falling for the gsync ultrawide meme

Attached: 1548962998857.jpg (258x544, 32K)

That was his argument, they wont reply to his emails anymore.

Long since past he can return it to the store, so he's stuck with a 3440x1440 ultrawide rated for 100Hz OC that he's lucky to get 90hz on.

It's the 34" IPS panel one, goes for like $1100.

ITS FUCKING CURVED TOO OH NO NO NO NO HOW DIDNT I NOTICE

Attached: 6871ADCE4DFA4C2C89633E7C480C8B93.jpg (366x551, 49K)

Too many pixels

>It's the 34" IPS panel one, goes for like $1100
Jesus how hard could you drop the ball?
For less money a fucking TV manufacturer will hand you a native 4k 120hz panel and not even tell you about it

Yeah, he's pretty pissed and has vowed never to buy anything acer again, but not much else he can do for now.

>what do?
Hurry. And how the fuck did you wait for a month to do this?

Curved benefits ultrawide. The sides will be equal distance to your eyes as the centre.

Holy shit, over a thousand dollars for that, what the fuck? I got myself an AOC CQ32G1 for not even half of that and I'm pretty fucking pleased with it. Huge 32" VA panel, 144Hz, 2k resolution, I got no issues with it. How did Acer fuck up so bad, I don't understand. Gamer tax?

Should have bought a ultrawide IPS FreeSync panel.
Shitters will be shitters.

Attached: +_818ffbcdd5781f636f99b25faae3e6ba.jpg (788x739, 101K)

looks like a cool monitor, not seeing the problem

>Gamer tax
That and the fact monitors are big money makers
PCs and PC components don't make dick in profit but monitors do make money, you will make even more money if you basically false advertise

is it ips? if its tn panel then I feel for you, op

"""120 Hz""". 120 Hz TVs usually don't take a 120 Hz source.

I'll take it off your hands OP. I'll give ya 3$ for it

Okay. I hope you're okay that it has a small crack and a few drops of cum on it.

Not actually 120hz.

I bet third person rpgs, rts and space sims look great on it, why do you hate it?

>overclock to 120hz
lmao OP actually fell for this retarded marketing

I have the one OP has and it has kept overclocked at 120hz for more than a year without issues.

The panel at the very least is a 120hz panel and the TV has the hardware required to drive the 4K panel at 120hz even if only internally, so for all intents and purposes I’ll call it a 120hz panel
HDMI has always been the main limitation limiting you to 1080/1440p if you wish to use 120hz on an external source, HDMI 2.1 came around this year on really high end sets which do offer 4K 120hz on an external input
Still I find it so fucking odd that TV makers have been able to have 4K 120hz panels on their mid to high end models for years and yet a big name like acre can’t deliver a 1440p 100hz ultrawide reliably for the same price

Obviously it isn't a common issue, even the panel he has, most people don't have the issue he is having. Just sucks that Acer basically tells you to fuck off if yours isn't hitting it's claimed OC speed.

where does it say gaming you fucking retarded monkey

>predator
>go to acer website
>look for predator
>only category
>Predator Gaming Collection

well well well

Let’s see
>monitor comes from Acer’s “Predator” line which is Acer’s gaming line
>monitor has G-Sync
>monitor marketed as “overclockable”
It’s a fucking gaming monitor no matter how you look at it
Just the fact it has G Sync tells you it’s a gaming monitor

games don't support it, the projection is still meant for a flat monitor

I fell for this meme too, OP

>B&H had a great deal on an Acer ED7
>The average response time is shit. Blacks smear like a motherfucker. I know it's a VA panel, but still
>Game support is spotty
>The ultrawide gayming experience feels more or less a meme. The "immersion" aspect isn't worth staining your eyes more searching for UI elements farther away
>Lose about 20-30 fps to drive those meme pixels
>Makes you give up 144hz, unless you want to pay out the ass
>Wallpapers are a bitch to find. Forget using Didplayfusion to fetch wallpapers of your favorite animu

It's defective as far as I'm concerned. Now I have to convince turbokikes to pay my shipping because this thing will cost $70 to ship back on my own

Woah, so I'm not the only one who thinks >1080p is too much

There's nothing I can do unfortunately, I bought in the middle of building a computer.

There are hundreds of retards like you i'm sure.

It's the same thing with hyper super core saiyan boost.

What are you going to do if you can't return it? I'm not sure if I should get a better monitor and waste $800 or make the most of it

>There's nothing I can do unfortunately, I bought in the middle of building a computer.
What the fuck... And you waited a whole month to suddenly come the realization that you'd rather have another monitor?

Attached: brainlet_sockets2.jpg (402x600, 89K)

Don't see why I can't. It's a defect that gives me a headache, and I'm within the 30 day period. The issue is getting them to pay for shipping.

A decent monitor will probably last you 2 or 3 upgrade cycles. 4k will always be a meme for office use, and anything above 144hz isn't distinguishable by the human eye

nigga u blind. modern gpus can drive 1440p or even 2160p just fine

>sit an arm's length in front of 24" 1080p monitor
>can't see pixels, everything looks fine
Why would we need to cuck the GPU more with 1440p?

it only looks fine because of massive ant-aliasing and font rendering trickery and because you don't know any better. your phone for instance looks much sharper. and you're meant to sit closer so that the 90+ degree fov in games will look right.

Not everyone is born with great eyes user
It may be that going above 1080p on a reasonable sized monitor is useless

Actually I just disable antialiasing because it just reduces fps and makes the screen all blurry.