Should I continue using this? What do you guys use for password management?

Should I continue using this? What do you guys use for password management?

Attached: LastPass-logo-color.jpg (1000x489, 27K)

A notepad that I keep in a inconspicuous place at home.

KeePassXC combined with syncthing.

Sorry this is Jow Forums not /lit/

>What do you guys use for password management?
PGP encrypted password_[site].txt + syncthing to my phone and VPS

Attached: .jpg (528x960, 180K)

Apologies, it looks like a lack of common sense is a prerequisite here on Jow Forums.

Bitwarden

Attached: 1452678479523.gif (141x141, 480K)

>no web interface
You seem like a very productive person. We'll call you back.

Attached: resume-trash1-300x171.jpg (300x171, 8K)

bitwarden, its sooo kawaiii uwu

>Should I continue using this?
No. But you've most likely already compromised yourself.
Anything FOSS or open source.

lack of a web interface (or any browser integration at all really) is a feature, not a bug, for a password manager. A browser is the most frequently-attacked piece of software most people run, and it downloads and runs untrusted code as a matter of course. it's fucking enormous and hard to audit. I don't want my passwords stored in that! I want to make sure my browser only sees passwords when it absolutely has to, when I paste them into a login form on a site that I actively chose to navigate to.

KeePassXC

Pick something open source. Want something web based, BitWarden ( you can run. Your own server if you wish). Otherwise KeePass

My brain. How many possible passwords can you people have.

I use KeePass, and the database syncs with my Google drive. This is probably extremely dumb, but I'm too lazy to change it.

You need a different one for every single site you use, and secure passwords are hard to remember.

I just use sentences.

kek actually installing o keylogger because you are too stupid to remember passwords.

>lack of a web interface (or any browser integration at all really) is a feature, not a bug, for a password manager
What if you need to borrow somebody else's computer and access your accounts? Are you gonna tell him "err... *breathes* no I don't want the NSA to *breathes* get my passwords *breathes* so I use my underground terabyte tunnel protocol instead *breathes*" and feel like anything other than a pathetic lonely autist?

Also, passwords aren't stored on the web page you fucking autist.

>What if you need to borrow somebody else's computer and access your accounts?
Why on earth would I do that? If its important enough to have a password on it, its important enough to only access from a machine you control and trust. Name something I'd have to log into that couldn't wait until I return home.

No, firefox extension is literally a keylogger and it slows the entire browser so bad

>Why on earth would I do that?
Because I'm not a basement-dwelling loser and I want to accomplish stuff.

Pic Related

Attached: brain.jpg (1000x787, 60K)

>being proud of being insecure

This user gets it.
When it comes to security, convenience and ease of use are the last things to consider since they can become a shortcut for third-parties to exploit.

A different password for any service or website, with each password being a random combination of uppercase/lowercase letters, numbers and special characters, to get a length of at least 14 characters.

>random combination
It being random makes no difference, it's also impossible.

Make up a sentence in your head and transcribe it to leet text using any easily remembered algorithm. ie, first letter, second letter, second letter, first letter, cont.

Have a specific sentence or story for each website, relating to that site.

Password managers are a meme.

this. but only self-hosted
/thread

or I could use the password manager and not have to remember meaningless sentences or which one goes with which site or any of that bullshit

t. frontal lobelet

Not true, you need unique passwords for only few important sites like bank and primary email. Nothing wrong with having tthe same password on every unimportant site like some backwater forums or a sotre you've been to once.

The classic "I'm so clever I trolled myself"

yeah but why wouldn't you still want more secure passwords even on less-important sites? especially because the password manager makes it literally easier to have that than to not have it and have to remember shit. This is like the one thing I can think of where the more secure option is also the easier and more convenient one.

I hand tattoo it to my foreskin

>paying to store your password on someone else's server
Imagine being this cucked. KeePassXC or pass are the best options. If you have multiple devices that you need these passwords on, use Syncthing or git.

Dot folder and only root can read/write.
>bigbrain.png

Everyone has their smartphone on them these days. There is no reason why anyone needs to log onto their account on someone else's machine in 2019.

Just use chrome's built in password manager. Works in android apps as well.
Just wish it would let me add passwords for other applications.