The premium smartphone market is 'collapsing'

they got too greedy charging a thousand bucks for barely any improvement without innovation
phonearena.com/news/premium-smartphone-market-report-q1-2019-apple-samsung-huawei-oneplus_id117009

Attached: 1531767106632.png (940x884, 308K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/bensin/2019/04/01/low-light-camera-test-huawei-p30-pro-vs-iphone-xs-vs-samsung-galaxy-s10-vs-lg-v40/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The idea of a premium smartphone is ridiculous. Who would spend more than like 350-400 bucks tops

iTODDLERS BTFO

Attached: 1522304129983.gif (498x278, 1.06M)

Who the fuck cares about premium smartphones in 2019.
Get robbed, fucking niggers.

>2%
you mean Google?

Attached: 1547978820834.gif (463x260, 3.3M)

I want a phone that receives calls and makes them.
Why pay $1000+ for some miscellaneous bullshit or gayass emote crap I won't care about 30 seconds after using it.
Maybe the retarded faggots that buy into this shit are finally waking up.

it isnt mainly a price thing, most people simply dont buy sim free unlocked phones, they get carrier contract and a phone from carrier, they pay some ludicrous amount for their contract, thing is now, there is no reason to upgrade because even a phone from two years ago still performs almost like a new phone. So people arent upgrading, carriers are buying less phones from manufacturers, of course this mainly applies to android devices, isheep upgrade n masse with every new release

>I want a phone that receives calls and makes them.
then go buy a $20 dumbphone and don't enter a thread about something you don't care about to say you don't care.

Pay $500+ to do the same fucking thing. Maybe you do other stuff with it, like playing vidya on 6 inch screen, fucking nigger.

I thinks it's more due to the fact a 200$ phone isn't any fucking worse.

A couple years ago the cheaper phones were some squeaky plastic shit with abhorrent display quality and a plastic touchscreen that isn't laminated with the lcd and the experience was much less than luxurious.

Today 200$ buy you a very pleasant and a competent device and the othert 800$ buy you only jackshit and bragging rights.

Smartphones stopped being a luxury.

Buying sim free unlocked phones is the norm in most parts of the world

Just saying

>Pay $500+ to do the same fucking thing.
nah, I do photography wherever I am, and I need something fast because I run my entire house off my unlimited 4G+ mobile internet

>cellphone photography
>cellphone internet in the house

This is just sad, you poor poor soul.

Buy a pro camera then, imbecile.

100mbit connection at home and everywhere else
always have a great camera with manual controls whenever I see something interesting
cope more

Find some more useless use cases for your $700 brick. Cope more nigger.

>Buy a pro camera then, imbecile.
already have one, but that one is not with me 24/7, you brainlet

most parts of the world are 3rd world shitholes were people cant afford contracts, even if they buy sim free they dont buy latest s10 or an iphone but some no name chinese knock off

>I do photography
>I take shitty photos and add retarded filters on top
ftfy
a 100€ smartphone is enough to take pics of your dick

>using memephone over a pro camera
kys nigger

>Tfw so many new technologies have emerged and peaked in your lifetime

what camera do you have? I have a6000 with 50mm prime that I am always carrying with me, its compact enough but also quite powerful.

And occasionally opens a website or some app that is basically a glorified website.

Nobody should need high performance on thier phone, battery life is so much more important.

>100mbit connection at home and everywhere else
Well that must be impressive for a burger.
>great camera with manual controls
Try making a shot like this with a phone kid.

Your low standards are almost as sad as the fact you're proud of them.

Attached: Rei_on_back_2.jpg (2250x3000, 703K)

>shitty photos
I bet you wouldn't distinguist my photo's with something on an APC sensor.
>filters
nah, and I shoot everything manual without additional post processing

grasp are more non-argument straws

>I bet you wouldn't distinguist my photo's with something on an APC sensor.
Nobody cares about the sensor.

It's all about the lens.

based

>kid
>standards
very ironic coming from a weeb manchild

Indeed as a weeb manchild I have my standards quite high.

t. redditspacing retard pretending the sensor doesn't matter

This is just a soapbox camera on a tripod BTW.

Your iToy can never compete with even a low end real camera.

But at least you can set it on vibration mode and comfort yourself.

Attached: P1000618.jpg (2074x2650, 1.06M)

you must be joking, even in ideal lighting conditions 1/2.5'' sensor will lose to bad lowlight conditions of aps-c sensor, and much more importantly a fucking kit lens on that aps-c is probably 50 better than shitty cell phone "lens"

>phones losing to APC in low light
top fucking kek, phones now have A7S tier sensors.

>Today 200$ buy you a very pleasant and a competent device and the othert 800$ buy you only jackshit and bragging rights.
And ironically these days mid range and budget phones come with less compromises. Very few flagships have a micro SD card slot, a headphone, an IR blaster and until very recently the majority had sub 4000 mAh batteries.

Sure thing, now show me a good low light shot.

Or a macro of something next to a black t-shirt

Attached: 1549144586179.png (671x488, 246K)

Paypigs BTFO.

Honestly the idea of cellphone photography is kinda funny and sad. Almost like Paralympic games.

Here's a 300$ soapbox, a tripod, and a black t-shirt + a carefully fiddled with desk lamp.
Something phone kids couldn't even dream of achieving,

Attached: P1000609.jpg (3456x4608, 2.36M)

Weeb nigger

Guessing bu the fact you're bragging about 4g internet I would suggest i'm much whiter than you.

Attached: main-qimg-5a28a9e588bee0ee890f3881aa569ca4.jpg (602x602, 66K)

That was my first post in this thread, what are you talking about weeb manchild.

>Sure thing, now show me a good low light shot.
here you go, faggot
forbes.com/sites/bensin/2019/04/01/low-light-camera-test-huawei-p30-pro-vs-iphone-xs-vs-samsung-galaxy-s10-vs-lg-v40/

Attached: 1538817097234.png (673x885, 432K)

I noticed they're starting to extend contracts out to 36 months to keep that monthly payment down on a lot of flagships.

I guess people were comfortable paying $25 a month but much above that and they started dropping off like mad.

But this shot doesn't look good.

It's cool that a phone picks up anything at all, but that can't be compared to a real camera with a night lens.

See pic, the rocks are lit just by the moon and stars.

Attached: night-sky-desert-mountains.jpg (768x511, 104K)

>with a night lens.
holy shit kys you brain dead retard

is that supposed to be good??? jesus christ, p30 literally uses software post processing to rebuild the whole image (sometimes using similar images off the internet) so that it can look presentable, it is fake af, the other phones that dont do it literally produce black images, post a raw from p30 (if that even possible) and then compare it to your post processed/rendered picture

How is it fake? What the fuck are you going to do? Change a camera lense on your fucking phone? And by the way, there is no way of improving camera performance on iPhones. No Gcam. The power of the ecosystem, aye?

>literally uses software post processing to
t. has ZERO knowledge of what Huawei did with their sensor.

go read about it and stop making yourself look like a retard.

hi mongoloid

Attached: 1560003235463.jpg (720x450, 47K)

Definitely this. You can get a very decent smartphone for $200 that would blow away premium phones from just a couple of years ago. Really apart from the camera there's very little added value from spending another $1000 on an ultrapremium

>got S8 for $200 cash when I threatened to switch services

>samshit
they couldn't pay me to use that

nice larp, noone trust you.

see now try to find that sensor type in another camera

Its shit, no other camera uses it.

>new sensor technology is bad even though it performs objectively better

Attached: 1530938340816.jpg (622x820, 194K)

Yup. What did they expect to happen when they pushed their prices north of the thousand dollar mark?

>they got too greedy charging a thousand bucks for barely any improvement without innovation
you mean they made a fuckload of money with little work due to people upgrading every 1-2 years and now that there's not much more to make they will put even less effort in making good devices and probably increase their user lockdown and planned obsolescence

if it was so good companies like sony would already be selling new cameras with new sensors, being first to the market, but it seems no one cares

>if it was so good companies like sony would
all these sensors are made by sony, also Leica is going to use them for their cameras and others will follow.

>all these sensors are made by sony
so why isnt sony putting them in their consumer and pro cameras?

>also Leica is going to use them for their cameras
source?

>so why isnt sony putting them in their consumer and pro cameras?
up until now, sony has officially gimped their phone camera to not decrease sales of their dedicated camera's. the Xperia 1 is the first phone they've made where Sony's camera division has collaborate with the phone division.

>not getting flagship phones for free from work
pleb
l
e
b

so why arent they putting this new sensor in their pro cameras? surely giving the best stuff to the competitor will harm sony?

also can you provide some source on Leica planning to use this new sensor?

>so why arent they putting this new sensor in their pro cameras?
because it LITERALLY just now got made and used for the first time you retard

No need for that, the real camera sensors are miles and miles better than this anyway.

This is of any benefit only to the tiny fuck toy cameras in the phones.
The real cameras have much larger sensors with larger pixels that capture a lot more light.

Do you have Samus?

Nope, it's mostly Rei, Yuki and the other characters I really like.

I have a 3 years old Moto G4 that costs me $250 new that does absolute everything I need. Not everyone wants to waste $1200 in what's essentially a luxury pocket computer, not even consumer whores when every phone since looks the same and you can't tell apart a new iPhone from a 3 years old one.

>600-1000 dolla "premium flagship supreme bell grande" phone comes out
>normies get bored after a year and sell it at a 50% loss to buy the next CONSUMEphone
>wait another 1-1.5 years
>Buy 2-3 year old pristine to mint condition flagship for ~$200, just as fast and capable as the newest one for 1/4 the cost
Been doing this since like 2013, the amount I've spent on my past like 8 phones would have been enough to buy probably 2 flagships during their market life.

Back when the iPhone X came out roughly two years ago I bought it (thanks Satoshi) and about two weeks later I was using it at my school's library. A girl must have noticed me from behind as she sat down right in-front of me and literally said something along the lines of, "nice phone, I'm jealous." Fast forward two weeks and I started dating her, still with her to this day. Stay mad poorfags, good luck ever getting the attention of a qt gurl using your outdated shitty android phones. Practically pussy repellent, and you've no idea, haha.

Attached: 1514941201451s.jpg (248x189, 9K)

>buy a shitty phone so girl will date you
>somehow related to technology

Attached: 1559553918450.png (583x482, 119K)

>relies on expensive to get a girl
>tries to pass it off as good
enjoy the gold-digger. at least Itoddlers get them even though they can't attract real women

>when she says "I hate when someone texts me and it has the green bubbles"

Attached: 1559219406944.jpg (500x667, 47K)

Are you two reddit normies? All women worthwhile are materialistic bitches. Not a happy fact to come to terms with but it's better than deluding yourselves. The faster you learn how shit really is, the better off you'll be frens. Good luck.

do women really say that? I texted them few times, but I dont know what they said out loud or to themselves when they reeived my mesage)

totally agree but does this have to do with technology? this is Jow Forums or even Jow Forums tier discussion

I've had three women reference the blue/green bubble dichotomy

they think people who own androids are poor people, and the lack of instant validation through the "the other person is typing" ellipse symbol fucks with them

this is where we are people

>not sourcing fake phones from sudamerika for robbery situations
do you even dystopia

My shitty second hand iphone 5s that I bought for £100 a couple years ago is looking near its last legs, and I'm expecting to have a bit more money to spare soon. I'd prefer to stick with an iphone for continuity - I have itunes, icloud, etc - but I'm very reluctant to give up the headphone socket, or pay through the nose for an overpriced phone.

Are they still selling new 6Ss, and if so for how much? And will a new(ish) 6S be powerful enough to browse modern websites and occasionally play hearthstone, without being a slow piece of shit? I'm not sure whether it's because of the actual specs or just because it's run down, but this 5S chugs more than I can put up with, and I don't want the same from its replacement.

bass

Is last years or the year before's flagship just as good? seems like the screens are retarded as usual and they are removing more headphone jacks.

Damn I'd cum on that figurine

Dude no one cares what you do or don't do