Why the fuck is cell phone service/internet so cheap in Europe compared to America...

Why the fuck is cell phone service/internet so cheap in Europe compared to America? I came to Romania to visit my relatives and I got 60 gigs of data for like 5 euros with a prepaid Vodafone sim card. In burgerland I pay 35 bucks a month for only 5 gigs and that's considered cheap there.

Attached: D879dBEW4AANMK2.jpg (1080x1077, 57K)

lower income, lower prices. also people keep buying that shit in the states so they have no incentive to lower prices.

we realized that data traffic is not a finite medium like coal or oil.
mutts haven't

Americans are rich, Romanians are not.

because all providers got together and decided to fuck everyone all at once. similar to why internet is retarded expensive in the US

but it is finite. there's only so much data you can pass through with limited bandwidth. also high investments are needed to upgrade networks, routers and points of presence. so yes, for most intents and purposes, data can be considered a finite commodity.

Smaller country, more densely populated, and more willing to put up with service interruptions than Americans. Also, infrastructure in the US is a nightmare of red tape and bureaucracy which makes everything cost way more than it should.

In exhange for mass experimentation on the european citizens by subjecting them to dangerous non-ionizing radiation that causes cancer, reduces white male sperm count and decreases white male penis size and height, and increases acceptance of authoritarian centralized power and willingness to vote for marxist policies, we cheaper internet

>tfw romanian
>tfw high speed broadband internet for $7
Feels good man

heh, even in the uk they are (again) now offering unlimited data for £20 a month, uk is usually last in internet connectivity in Europe and in the wolrd

>Why the fuck is cell phone service/internet so cheap in Europe compared to America?
you mean eastern europe (or maybe scandinavian countries as well)

You clearly haven't seen german mobile internet prices

there is nothing stopping companies in EU increasing the size of their network.
whatever subscription money they get they are free to invest in increasing their capacities to push more bandwidth and the countries/governments even stimulate network growth.
its unlimited in that regard and companies do so in order to grab market share.
idk how it is in the land of the free but im sure AT&T has and iron grip on the market.
i live in the middle of nowhere in the balkans and t-mobile is providing fiber 20/20 fiber for $20.
beat that.

>Why the fuck is cell phone service/internet so cheap in Europe compared to America?
No Israeli contribution

It's called an oligarchy in the USA. Verizon, Comcast, Spectrum and the other companies all team up to fuck internet users in the ass.

Even better, they all are content providers as well, giving them a nice big fat conflict of interest with regards to video streaming. They are disincentivized from increasing bandwidth or lowering prices because people will switch to Netflix from cable.

first of all, our governments aren't owned by corporations

sugi pula tigane

europe\{germany}

Because American companies are world class in fucking their customers in the ass.

Absolutely sad and honkpilled

the problem with america is you need to cover too much area, the country is huge and there's an expectation that you have service everywhere. europe is small and companies can get started covering only one european country which allows much better competition that has driven prices down

> Europe has countries other than Poland
> The EU is more than an Islamic subject

Keep in mind that 5 euros is a month's salary in Romania. It's truly the armpit of Europe.

internet is generally really cheap and great in europe though

I pay 9 euros a month for unlimited everything 4G here in Finland. Don't think there's been datacaps or soft datacaps in at least a decade.

>rich european country
>10 Gb/s for 20 euros/month.
:)

Americans are too lazy to shop around, especially with things like phone service. There's this attitude of "well, it costs what it costs, nothing to do but pay it" in a large chunk of the population.

Internet should be free.

I pay 20$ for 1.5GB

>East Euro
>17E / 40GB
need to have separate card for calls though

Attached: 2019-Europe.jpg (1600x1209, 365K)

France
Unlimited 1Gb/s as low as €22 with "basic" TV
4G "unlimited" (+20GB to 80GB) I don't even know it's also cheap

If you want to go ham like me and have all the premium sport channels, 1gb/s optical fiber and +100GB 4G mobile data plan that's less than 100€ here

Which provider do you have? I didn't have near that good of a deal when I lived there.

Because europe is small as fuck compared to the US so they don't need anywhere near the same number of towers.
It's the same reason internet is so fucking expensive here, aside from corporate greed. That's a FUCKING LOT of cable to run, to every house, in every city, across the entire country. There isn't the benefit of people living in hives of 1000 in a concrete tube.

free as in freedom you fucking communist?

inb4 "yuropoors still pay 95% of their income to the government as tax, btfo yuropoors!!"

Europe is bigger than the United States.
It has been documented that the only thing that is hindering faster internet at lower prices in the country is the current oligopoly that has allowed ISPs to literally - and I mean it - agree to divide the market without competition.

/thread

That can be beaten in my neighboring town. 1000/1000 fiber for $70.
USA, Nebraska

You forgot the part where many places only get one choice for service. In my area, you get Spectrum, cell, or satellite. Spectrum is the only provider here that offers a reliable connection, while the other two suck balls even harder for more money.

Your labor to deliver it to all of us should be free too. Get to it Jamaal.

tldr jews price hike it here bc most of the carriers here in the usa are owned by 2 or 3 main companies. and why, bc they can

Because Romanians killed their gommie overlords

>greece
what went wrong?

Yes, transfer rate is finite, but absolute number of bytes is not. The solution is to throttle user's speed, preferably only when needed, so every customer gets a fair slice. The concept of paying for a gigabyte is so stupid. You should be paying for a certain average speed and be able to use as much data as you want.

This. Internet is really cheap and fast in cities that have alternatives to Comcast and Verizon. RCN Boston is a great example.

This is the speed I get with 100GB/mo for $45 with Optus in Australia.

Attached: 4gg.png (511x237, 18K)

>the biggest mobile data pack is 20gb
what the fuck were krauts thinking

5 euros is like a weekly wage in romania

It's because of population density.
Economies of scale means it's more cost effective to invest in broadband in places where population is more concentrated.

As a general rule of thumb:
GDP per capita + Pop density = Internet speed

it's just population density/land area

Attached: 1539571911439.png (1020x526, 195K)