Seems to me the only reason Jow Forums hates Reddit so much is jealousy

Seems to me the only reason Jow Forums hates Reddit so much is jealousy.

It's superior in almost every single way. Trackable conversations that persist, IM, interesting topics, voting, more users, way more boards, embedding of rich content, etc.

The main advantage being it's not a circle jerk of the same exact content every single day.

AMD vs. Intel

Apple vs. X

Nvidia vs. AMD

Linux vs. Windows

That's 90% of the content this place puts out, and when you see these threads you already know the played out memes and comebacks, because they were identical in the last thread 30 minutes ago. There's nothing new here anymore, a robot could easily get away with posting 70% of the content because it's that recycled.

Reddit has its circlejerks, but it's far and away the superior platform in terms of content and features. The one advantage I'll concede is (relatively speaking) more anonymity here.

Attached: reddit-alien-red-st.jpg (1600x1200, 83K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lonelinesslab.org/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>posts needs upvotes to even get replies
>you get banned if you call someone a "nigger" "faggot"
>cant post images in replies
>karma system is retarded and makes even more attentionwhores than tripfags
there is literally nothing good about reddit

>Jow Forums hates Reddit
But fag/g/ots love reddit. I don't see anywhere else on this site people discuss about reddit so frequently

>our circlejerks are superior
Cool, bye.

"posts needs upvotes to even get replies"

Not true in boutique or smaller subs. I use personal finance all the time and get dozens of reposnses with a single upvote. In larger subs more votes means more replies, but it's not like you'll have 0 in most cases. Unless it's a retard post.

"you get banned if you call someone a "nigger" "faggot"

True, but I don't feel the need to do that here either. If you're really obsessed with those topics I could see why it would be an issue.

"cant post images in replies"

Reddit Enhancement Suite, the end.

"karma system is retarded and makes even more attentionwhores than tripfags"

It means valuable content is seen more easily and quickly, which is critical in big subs.

90% of the shitposters, idiots, and gaymers over here are redditors, so if you actually think it's better over there fuck off. The board is only shit because of you shitting it up.

Attached: 2743.png (1207x587, 91K)

> Citation needed

>reddit spacing
With how much LGBTPedo+ discuss nazis so frequently, they must love them too, right?

Have a fucking citation then.

Attached: 2734.png (944x4013, 662K)

>Thinks a single thread instance from one sub in substantial enough to back his claim.

Nice reddit spacing tranny, go and dilate

FPBP as usual

No, that and the other post was just to prove that redditors are fucking idiots. Here's my proof that they're flooding the site.

Attached: whatever.png (572x317, 6K)

Did you ever stop to consider 4channers are also Redditors? I'm a prime example. I started using Jow Forums in 2010, about a year before I discovered and started using Reddit. I definitely add the the "came from Reddit" statistic.

I don't post about fucking Intel or AMD or video games, the basis for your argument isn't there. People from Reddit post here, but what they post you have no tracability on.

To add, they're not flooding the site as necessarily new traffic. 4channers are simply becoming redditors while still coming here.

Again, you have no real statistics or tracability on what Jow Forums Redditors post.

>cant post images in replies
If Jow Forums became a text-only board (besides an OP pic) I wouldn't complain.

almost everybody on Jow Forums uses reddit

>>cant post images in replies
>If Jow Forums became a text-only board (besides an OP pic) I wouldn't complain.
then how would anons on Jow Forums fap to their 2D waifus, lolis, and anime sluts?

Attached: 1350536079904.jpg (1024x1024, 249K)

I really want to browse Reddit but there are few things that really turn me off
first is not being able to hide post history and other is too many boards there are multiple boards for one topic, how does that work? and in a situation like that community just gets divided and information too. and not everything is at one place

I've fapped to this picture so many times

Who cares?

Speak for yourself you faggot.

feel free to stay there faggot

this entire website is just redditors that pretend not to be redditors

voting on posts conditions people to give popular responses and not truthful ones

posted with reddit spacing lol
but I agree, circlejerking in reddit is far lower than the ones in Jow Forums with no arguments

Nazi pedo here AMA

I think boards that focus on discussion, like Jow Forums should have a way to identify messages by the same user in the same thread.
Change my mind.

I agree. /soc/ has it and so should we

To this day I dont fully understand how reddit software works, like on small subreddits its easy to find a thread (also, hot, trending and other criteria sound like buzzwords and are retarded), but on bigger ones new, old, popular, unpopular threads are all in one big mess. Then in threads themselves I noticed sometimes top upvoted reply will be at the top, but often its out of context or doesnt make sense unless you read from the beginning, so you try to look at older replies and they are all removed/deleted?

I honestly dont understand why old forum software and forum culture died, but something retarded like reddit survived and is thriving

Voting and internet points make you post things that get you points rather than posting what you truly feel, this means the discussion on Jow Forums is much more open, we can discuss topics on Jow Forums which would instantly get banned on reddit.

Posting on reddit is only fun when you conform with their narrow hivemind mentality and to me that is a waste of time.

Attached: 1284554181922.jpg (126x121, 3K)

>calling normal logical separation through newlines "reddit spacing"

>>you get banned if you call someone a "nigger" "faggot"
lonelinesslab.org/

Reddit: shitty voting system that controls your behaviour and forces you to comply to the norm
Jow Forums: you can't have actual discussion there because they'll bring their shitty political beliefs like "SJW" and "Nigger" and "white discrimination" and other stuff that I don't care about but always derails a good discussion.

I wonder if there's a middle ground in-between.

Jow Forums is 99% trolls and fanboys

Old forums still exist, and have many users.

>I wonder if there's a middle ground in-between.
There isn't most of us just use both.

The middle ground is using Jow Forums without being a massive faggot like yourself

Attached: go back.png (248x66, 43K)