What is Jow Forumss opinion on the Pinebook Laptops?

What is Jow Forumss opinion on the Pinebook Laptops?

Attached: PinebookMain.jpg (2000x1716, 340K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pine64.org/pinebook-pro/
youtube.com/watch?v=_0qYnzjWBcg.
twitter.com/AnonBabble

garbage

meme

Attached: DdqHAa_W0AIuDch.jpg large.jpg (2048x1536, 453K)

meme garbage

poor hardware design, would not use

>ARM
Into the trash

cool but why the fuck

Prolly to spite macfags or smthng

Peice of garbage, maybe the Pro will be salvageable.

would not buy

Isn't that just a Raspberry Pi in an ultra-expensive laptop shell?

its only for dev on rare chips and modules. not a functional laptop

So it's a Beaglebone Black in an ultra-expensive laptop shell?

Chromebooks and installing linux on them is cheaper

2weak. It would be like running a raspberry pi as your daily driver. Really I don't mind the idea of low-power, non-x86 computing, but if it's gonna be too slow to comfortably browse the web and navigate the desktop without excessive delays and performance hiccups, then it ain't worth it. Personally I'm waiting on System76 to announce their ARM laptops, as they're supposedly working on that now.

wait for the pro

pine64.org/pinebook-pro/

>He's never used a 486 with Windows 95

It costs 80bucks buddy...a raspi canakit bundle costs 79

Just wait for the pinebook pro

>the web
Fuck webshit, looks fine for everything else and the basic wiki/google shitting I usually do 90% of the time anyway.

Pinebook pro is gonn be gud

convince me. still looks underpowered

It's literally made to compete with chromebooks.

but its more expensive than chromebooks

Prestigio SmartBook 141 C2

Well are you ready to use a minimal browser (or wait several seconds between any action)?

Sure, I'm not expecting microsecond loads from a $100 machine to begin with and I rarely flit between pages like mad outside of sites like this that load acceptably on pretty much anything anyway, so that doesn't bother me. The shit these machines use are probably better than an Atom N270 or PowerPC G4 anyway.

It's made to compete with mid-range chromebooks, not the cheapest chromeshit.

Literally pointless as ThinkPads are a thing

Yeah, but PineBooks aren't boring x86 trash attached to an insufferable hipster cult.

It certainly is not

Its about 2 thirds cheaper than a new chromebook here

it is based on the rockpro64 board which is one of the more powerful arm sbcs out there.
youtube.com/watch?v=_0qYnzjWBcg.
It can emulate chains of olympus on PPSSPP to a playable point which is something you cant say for most computers of the size in fact most x86 machines have an issue with that game on PPSSPP.
It also supports 4k@60 video with no issues.

The Pro looks really good, but I have no kind of experience with Linux on ARM besides the Shittuberry Pi. Will it be able to run a full DE like Gnome and Firefox+Spotify fine? Is HW video acceleration supported for mpv?

as if people who go out of their way to use non-x86 architectures aren't just a different insufferable hipster cult

Prolly gonna buy the pro when it releases; should be the perfect innawoods/vandwelling laptop.
>entirely solid state
>light as a feather
>can run off a 5V solar mat
>reasonably open and secure
>moddable hardware

>daily driver

I'm really fucking excited for the Pine phone