Results of testing games on 64-bit only eoan (19.10)

OH NONONONONO HAHAHAHA

discourse.ubuntu.com/t/results-of-testing-games-on-64-bit-only-eoan-19-10/11353

>try 5 games
>none of them work

Attached: ubuntu_logo.png (2701x2241, 93K)

Other urls found in this thread:

phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Valve-Dropping-Official-Ubuntu
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I was fine with the gaming on 18.04 then I upgraded and everything nvidia went to shit. I'm using win10 now shame.

Why the fuck would you even attempt to game on linux.

>games

Attached: games on loonix.png (607x481, 29K)

I haven't gaymed on Windows in over 3 years now.

THis happened to me a week ago.

>Gaming on linux is the best its ever been, Steam's proton and lutris will get your favorite windows game running in just a few simple clicks.

Try it out

install steam add some game exes to steam and config to run with proton, TRy City of Heroes, nothing, try Dark Age of Camelot, patcher works, but game doenst even pop up. try stawdew valley, nothing pop up. tries Age of EMpires and a tinny ass 10x10 error box pops up and cant read anything on it.

give up

>71530852
I'd comment on your reading comprehension, except I'm sure you're merely pretending in order to bait for (you)s

>unstable OS release
>things don't work

imagine that

>set out to prove that ubuntu going 64-bit-only will break many games
>4/6 games fail due to lack of 32 bit support
>LUNIX BTFO, somehow?

why use unstable releases that aren't supported for more than a few months anyway? just use the LTS releases.
also

>use testing version of ubuntu
>get angry when support drops because software is in testing

The thing is, that's an intended feature now. They announced that they will kill 32-bit multilib for no reason.

>Ubuntu
>gnome
>snaps
They just gave up

Retards suffering from shiny new stuff syndrome.

Well, the more the merrier. I dont play gaymes but if it benefit everyone that way.

If you're using Wayland it makes sense to use the latest available because there are too many bugs in 18.04 even with backports. Specially if you use AMD, there's a full system freeze that they mark as fixed but it always comes back.
I'm considering a change to suse or fedora but I don't like some of the trade offs.

You might be onto something.

>Dark Age of Camelot
My fuckin nigga right here. Were you trying on something other than 19.10?

/thread

If it's a problem just set up a windows install for games that you can duel boot into. But even then it doesn't seem that big of a problem, more a minor inconvenience.

If you cant get aoe2 to work using Proton, you are a retard

That's all gaymers. If you made a feature but the target users can't even use it then why even bother

why did you upgrade to not lts

more games work with wine and easier
plus native dx9 and there are no good games after that

Everything working fine on my machine with SUPERIOR Debian

>games

Attached: index.png (211x239, 5K)

>SUPERIOR
I too, love having kernels that don't support all of my GPUs.

Wine helped me replay some old favorites that were completely hopeless on W7/8/10 or in virtual machines.

I will still use Ubuntu. But only for 64-Bit games that are Linux native, and for everyday workhorse tasks. For Wine I will use other distro's. I play a lot of my games on consoles like the PS4 too.

Attached: ubuntu1904.jpg (640x358, 24K)

Why not? PS2 emulation works great. Been playing FFX on an i5 powered gigabyte brix running 16.04. There was a like 2TB torrent in /t/ of PS2 games.

Can I use Gentoo to game ?

only if you have a ridiculous amount of free time and are willing to spend it compiling tons of shit.

use opensuse, debian, or fedora to game. ytml.

Jow Forums is one person

Why wouldn't I play games on PC? I'm not a consolecuck.

I do it. Why wouldn't I?

>new release always fuck's something up
>Lol, rolling release is so unreliable, why don't you use fixed release like Ubuntu?

Every time.

phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Valve-Dropping-Official-Ubuntu
lol