Here's your "open source" OS

Is it possible for an OS to become TOO corporate?

Attached: Screenshot_20190621_191124.png (1063x420, 68K)

Thanks to the power of the GPL this is a good thing

>lelnux foundation
aren't those the trannies that give 100% of the donations to homos or something lmao

It’s just the natural evolution of things
If a tool is useful to you it’s most likely useful to someone else including corporate interests
Are you seriously going to stop using a wrench to change your oil because a big corpo oil change company may also use a wrench?

Nah I switched to a wrench called OpenBSD.

Having so many corporations with so many different competing interests is a good way to ensure Linux evolves in a direction that reflects a purely technical consensus that works for everyone.

Compare with FreeBSD, which is dominated by just a few corporations that dictate pretty much everything.

You mean a rock and a stick called OpenBSD

You must be pushing the wrong button, it works great here.

A tool for developers and businesses isn't the same as a tool for consumers.

Honestly linux is where it is today because of corporations.

he's not saying it doesn't work, he's saying it's an antiquated time sink that's only useful in very niche cases

>consumers
Please don't use that word. It seems what you really meant was "home users" or "individual computer owners" or something like that.

But even if you did mean a tool made solely for mindless consuming, i.e. browsing facebook, watching youtube, etc, then I would argue that you're wrong because Android (a Linux-based OS) is already one of the best Oses for that purposes.

It's great for any use-case Linux is currently occupying.

Mister Pooinloo loves Linux! Believe him!

Attached: 56c3b69b2e5265b7008b786e-750-375.jpg (750x375, 28K)

Not a good thing at all. All these corporations now drive the direction of development and the culture surrounding Linux. 100% guarantee there would not be this SJW shit surrounding Linux and Open Source if they weren't involved.

Yep. Linux is no longer a community project, but a multi-billion dollar project managed by rootless international concerns.

>All these corporations now drive the direction of development and the culture surrounding Linux.
Would you prefer it if Linus made no money and nobody contributed any code?

>100% guarantee there would not be this SJW shit surrounding Linux and Open Source if they weren't involved.
You know they don't reflect the opinions of everyone and you can just ignore them right?

> Would you prefer it if Linus made no money and nobody contributed any code?

Yes

There is no need for Linux to be as big as it is

It could have stayed a much smaller hobby project and still served majority of our use cases

You are like a little baby, watch this.

Attached: 190618091058-facebook-libra-exlarge-169.jpg (780x438, 28K)

You can still have that. Just run a 2.x or 3.x series kernel. Lots of people are still doing that and maintaining their own forks. No it doesn't have as many features but it sounds like that's what you want.

but most of em are cancer...

My use cases exist because hardware vendors support Linux drivers for their SoCs. My job exists because of corporate contributors to the kernel.

>here’s your 30 million lines of system d code
>don’t bother to audit it, we are adding 80,000 lines per hour
>but it’s GPL so you can trust it you stupid goy

That’s a complicated way of admitting you’re gay, user.

there's so much shit that isn't supported

you can make an argument that linux can be used for desktop but OpenBSD surely cannot

>a wrench and an operating system are remotely comparable things
>muh false equivalencies
Analogies have to be analogous to work, dumbass.
I wouldn't use a wrench if a group of corporations comprised of members all of whom have historically abused the end user and customers and fought tooth and nail to secure their position over that of customers were able to change or influence the design of the wrench in such a way as to take advantage of the end user/customer, including unilaterally collecting and dissemenating how I might use that wrench to undisclosed third parties. Especially if some of those members have already been successfully broken with anti-trust suits and some of whom are currently being investigated for unfair, unethical business practices and anti-trust suits.
In that case, I wouldn't use that fucking wrench.

>any of those companies
>having conflicting interest
Their only conflicting interest is who gets the biggest piece of ass to fuck out of their customer base and who they sell the video to afterwards. Those groups do not compete for a damn thing that would push them to create an unbiased, neutral environment for competition.

(((open source)))

Yep. Trannies, specifically.

Linux is a kernel

Literally not the case, faggot.