I'm in Europe so the internet is cheap and good, but

>tfw Musk will solve USA's infrastructure via his own satellite constellation.

Based.

Attached: https---blogs-images.forbes.com-jonathanocallaghan-files-2019-05-Starlink-main-1200x696.jpg.png (960x557, 542K)

The same way he solved traffic, car pollution, high speed rail and drilling?

> he thinks this will solve all problems
what a cuck. elon launched his own satellite network to sell to corporations and the US government. it will not change anything in america. you'll just be paying the same high amounts for shit transfer rates, except you're giving elon money instead of a shitty telco. why are people insisting on sucking on this drug addicts cock so hard? he's the biggest hack / government prostitute i've ever seen.

Maybe you should study how it works. If they go through with this, the reduction in cost could be 10x. Apart from 30% reduction in latency.

> no evidence whatsoever
> all data compiled in labs to shill a project nobody wanted or asked for
> nobody knows the real world performance of the network outside of spacex and the US government
shut the fuck up, faggot.

There are independent university studies, one in particular from UCL. You're not as smart as you think you are. Go read a paper, fucker.

>believing in musk scams
Wew lad

>Europe
>cheap internet

Here's to hoping musk doesn't go bankrupt thanks to the stupid rate at which his business is bleeding money.

Attached: laughing.gif (369x383, 261K)

Eastern Europe has very cheap and fast Internet access

I'm in a first world European country and for a year I had download speeds of 50 KiB/s. Meanwhile my classmates had gigabit Internet. This was in 2017.

At this point I'm fully convinced the people shitting on anything elon does are just contrarian retards who don't know fuck all about anything.

Every time one of you comment, it's this low information low IQ trash type of comment usually parroting the talking points of elon's commercial competitors that are more often than not based on nothing but complete fiction and wishful thinking of how anything works in reality.

Go on user, tell me about how much more efficient an ICE is than an electric motor because you've compared the entire logistics train for the electric but not for the ICE; I guess digging the oil, refining it into gasoline, and transporting it across oceans and continents to millions of gas stations is completely free of any costs, unlike those shitty 95% efficient national powergrids. Or how elon's companies are like, totally scams, because nobody can see the financials and it's impossible for him to fund his company without secret slush fundies and handouts from the gooberment which his competitors - lockheed martin and boeing - definitely don't get whatsoever.

Just over and over with you retards. Every single day parroting the same dumb shit like a fucking robot.

Not when compared to income.

Go suck his dick.

How about you blow me, crackpot

I live in suburban Michigan and I have 1000/100 mbps cable with no bandwidth caps. In new development's there's symmetric gigabit fiber to the home. Europeans point to isolated rural areas of the US with no fast internet access and think all of the US is like that.

8/10 americans live paycheck to paycheck. Yeah, I think most europeans are doing just fine.

USA has better internet infrastructure than pretty much all Yuropoor countries.

And this is counting places like Alaska and all the flyover states. Yuros get BTFO hard on this one.

Attached: gsgds.png (413x1281, 42K)

It will help rural areas a ton

It won't change much for cities. The satellites have lower latency, but they also have much lower throughput. You are not going to get 100mbit connections on starlink, or if you do, it'll be in combination with a tiny data cap, like 15 - 50 GB/mo.

They may partner with some telecoms and have particular traffic - like gaming - prioritized over the starlink network, while bulk data like netflix and youtube uses the landlines. I guess we'll see.

You are behind Romania, you fuckwit. And the price there is like $10 a month for high speed internet.

They aren't targeting covered areas. They are targeting the other half of the global population that doesn't have internet. You'll still need a receiver that's the size of a pizza box, that'll cost you like $200

And all western Yuro are behind the US, what's your point?

They are starting operations in US/Canada first.

Why are you even talking authoritatively when you do not actually know what they're doing?

We'll see how this chart looks like when 5G comes along. The price of the transition is going to be infinitely more expensive for the US.

That's their choice. That doesn't change the fact that internet in Europe is relatively expensive compared to America.

Because every fucking company is talking about the next billion people. Whoever gets to them first, reaps infinite profit. They don't care about those niggers.

I pay 25€/month for unlimited gigabit fiber (960down 580up in real world) and TV/landline phone that I don't use.
There are tons of discounts to get unlimited fiber for 10-15€ a month

And when I say unlimited I don't mean "unlimited under 200GB", I mean "hey I downloaded 5TB this month man it goes fast"

Russian here.
$4 for unlimited 12.5 MB/s + Wi-Fi router

Canadian here

Same thing as you but it costs $120 CAD and usually around 7-9MB/s instead of advertised speed.

>people still posting the price they pay without their income

OMG WTF I think Canada is a heaven on Earth.

Yeah, but who the fuck would want to live in russia? And before you start spewing shit, yeah, I know enough.

$1.5/hr You happy now?

>moving the goalpost
We only talking here about internet

It's not as bad as many may think. At least, for me. I live in Astrakhan, btw.