Why do Americans still use those unsafe as fuck power plugs?

Why do Americans still use those unsafe as fuck power plugs?

Attached: NEMA-AC-Power-Plugs.jpg (220x133, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=snk3C4m44SY
youtube.com/watch?v=hp97GjuULX8
youtube.com/watch?v=DFQG9kuXSxg
twitter.com/masaakisyumiaka/status/1142336296851050506
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knob-and-tube_wiring
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>spotted the Euro-poor
The only logical drawback of the US 3 prong plug is the lack of common 220v.
>Unsafe
That's just a Euro-poor cope for paying more for gimmicky shit that does nothing.
Like stupid coatings and orientation of plugs.
An average of 3 ppl in the USA die from plug related shocks.
And it's almost always some dumb fuck plugging in an item when soaking wet.

>Paying more
The fuck are you talking about?

They just work.

>be american
>get shocked

Attached: 1557451345703.jpg (250x245, 10K)

good enough for burgers. i'd rather have this than the fuckhueg UK plug. you'd need to be next level retarded to get electrocuted.
t. type J/europlug fag

Kek

Attached: laughinglain.gif (700x704, 295K)

>unsafe
works for me, and for everybody else above one-digit IQ

How is that insane? The metal prongs when unplugged do not have current running through them. When plugged in, they aren't exposed.

There's no earth
No polarity so can be plugged in backwards
It's loose as fuck so slips out, inviting sparks that cause fires
Not strong enough to carry any heavy weight such as a wall wart

You need the Chad UK plug, my friend

This literally kills the burger

Attached: download.jpg (194x259, 6K)

That's not plugged in all the way.

>It's loose as fuck so slips out, inviting sparks that cause fires
what
>Not strong enough to carry any heavy weight such as a wall wart
what

Attached: 1559190717741.png (540x525, 429K)

because the shitty socket is shitty

>Ground
>Does nothing
Rope

No, because you didn't plug it in. Like complaining a power tool isn't working properly because you didn't tighten the end that holds the bit in.

the outlets are polar but the plugs are only that way if it makes a difference for the device (a lot of times it doesn't)

funnyemojies.jpg

>there's no earth
That's what the third prong is for, and not all appliances need grounded. If you see an appliance without a ground plug in America, it's almost certainly double insulated.

>no polarity
There is though, every socket built after the 70s supports polarized plugs. The left blade will be slightly wider. Some very old appliances aren't polarized, but that's true of any very old appliance.

>Not strong enough to carry a heavy weight
You really shouldn't be hanging things by their socket anyways, that's a lot of pointless stress on the plug.

>It's loose as fuck
Unfortunately true

>Chad UK plug
Pointlessly large, bulky, and when dropped on the floor defaults to pointy side towards your foot.

Newer outlets don't connect the plug until it's a lot more inserted than that. It's not really that dangerous anyway because it's just 120V. I've been bit many, many times by 120 working in 80-100 year old houses to little effect. It puts a little adrenaline in ya, but it's never actually hurt me, even going from one hand to another through my chest. 220 will put you straight on your ass though. It's nothing to fuck with, so I'm not surprised your plugs are built like brick shithouses.

wouldn't it be better if NO people died though

yeah

Attached: 1558805769384.png (666x110, 25K)

so, after going on a trip to canada, i'm amazed how someone can live with these outlets.
about half were unusable because it would just fall off as it was really loose.
never had this problem in brazil, argentina, italy,switzerland, germany, UK, sweden,spain,france.

Because they are too stupid to transition to superior Italian or Brazilian (Swiss) plug.

Why don't we use bare bus bars with plastic nuts to screw stuff on?
Retards would die first moment they would try to connect something

Attached: w11p9Ij.jpg (797x579, 153K)

Learn to read faggot.

i wanna be danish now

That’s not a plastic but m8, it’s overloaded and red hot.

There are wall outlets that shit will just slip out over time

i like/need to be electrocuted at least once in a while. it's goooood.

That is an example of bus bar screw contact.
Same shit, but with plastic wingnut I meant

ITT Europoors who don’t realize Japan uses 100V

Based powerplugs make less americans alive.

Based Nippon with the 3 outlet config

I guess the burger plugs do seem a bit less safe. I have no idea his much less safe they actually end up being in practice.

Frankly though if given the power to instantly convert all of North American plugs to any plug I choose I would stick with what we have.

Not because I think its safer or better engineered. Just because every other "safe" plug is fucking massive and ugly as shit.

>be american
>get shocked
>fucking ouch

>be european
>get shocked
>be dead

Russian_LED.jpg

120V AC is already enough to completely fuck you up. The difference between 120V AC and 240V AC is inconsequential, because if the flow goes through your heart and you have sustained exposure, you're dead either way.

>loose as fuck
Stop buying chinkshit with the incorrect spade thickness and no retention cutouts.

Come on, 120V doesn't do jack shit. It'll make you regret touching it, but it won't do any long term damage. 240V hurts like hell and has a good chance of killing you though.

the voltage is actually inconsequential. The current flow is what matters towards stopping your heart.

And what drives current flow, user?

This is incorrect. Current will not flow if there is no voltage to "drive" it.

youtube.com/watch?v=snk3C4m44SY
youtube.com/watch?v=hp97GjuULX8

It's to do with sustained exposure. 240V will kill you quicker, but 120V will still kill you.

No shit, it will kill you if you have the misfortune to be forced to touch a live wire. But normally the jolt of AC will fling you back away from it. DC on the other hand would make your hand clench around it and then cook you.

AC is far more dangerous than DC, and will hurt/kill you at much lower voltages.

Because Edison will rule the US forever.

>8 years ago
Cope

What is funny is Edison may legitimately win in the end
Tesla had the right idea with AC, AC had to be the standard because it was easier to manipulate with early 1900s tech
Fast forward a century and now we are using HV DC for transmission lines with talks of a DC standard for homes

youtube.com/watch?v=DFQG9kuXSxg

Why do Britains still use those unsafe as fuck ring circuits?

Yum! I love wine gums!

I'm not on the voting council so I use what they give me.

fuck off euro

With a ground?
I dont know op they must just be fucking crazy

dumbass

You are a fucking idiot. AC is LESS DANGEROUS PER VOLT THAN DC. If you want to get a sense of the true AC equivalent to match DC, then multiply the AC voltage by 0.707.

So, 110V AC = 77.8 VDC equivalent.

Therefore, 110VDC is actually equivalent to 156VAC.

Now fuck off you fucking brainlet.

Also, you fucking morons stop arguing about fucking plugs. 110VAC is less voltage than 220 and is therefore safer. The reason the Eurofags have all that extra crap is to compensate for the higher voltage. In the US/Canada/Japan, 220V is reserved for large appliances. As it should be.

God I fucking hate this debate so fucking much.

Do you need a license to use plugs?
I bet you do.

>complains about power plugs

retarded zoomers can't stop whining

This is pretty much the most pointless thing in the world to argue about. I've lived in both the US and the Philippines. The plugs are the same but most of the PH outlets lack 3 prongs. The Philippines uses 220 instead of 110. I'm not dead. I've made it 30 years without some horrible electrical mishap killing me. I have been shocked a couple of times though. I can tell you that 110 is far more mild than 220. If 110 is a slap 220 is a punch. The only thing I ever brought to the Philippines from the US that didn't work on 220 volts was a Playstation 2. Other than that literally who actually gives enough to make some dumb "lol cope" posts about it. Have some sex for fuck's sake.

>An average of 3 ppl in the USA die from plug related shocks.
Per what? Day? Year? Avocado?

True braindead.
1. 110V AC means that it will act identical to 110V DC over restive load. Same amount of heat will be generated.
2. AC current through the body (at mains frequency of 50/60 Hz) is way higher, than DC current at same voltage, which is more dangerous.
3. AC has higher peak voltages, i.e 110V AC is 154V peak.
4. 220V AC doesn't require any extra crap, except thicker 400V rated insulation.

Type L plug is best plug

Attached: plug_typeL.jpg (519x300, 16K)

not sure what ac vs dc has to do with the plug style but if you used dc there would need to be gigantic diameter copper wires to carry any useful current more than a couple blocks
dc can be thought of as a water pipe. you put it in at one end and get it out of the other. the longer the run the harder you need to push it the longer it goes. ac is like charging up the line then pushing and pulling it back and forth over and over so it does work everywhere equally along the entire length of the run. it is a pretty slick idea to overcome the limitations of direct current. there wouldnt be enough copper on the planet if we used dc to power this world. that and there would need to be a power plant every couple city blocks or so for each little area

Human skin has a much higher resistance to DC, dumb fuck. That breaks down at very high voltages, but you can touch 300-400V DC, and while it'll hurt, it'll be far less painful than something like 120V AC.
It's not purely about how much energy each has.

The point was that 120V AC is still very fucking dangerous, and he was going on like it's no big deal.
120V DC is fucking nothing, though, which I assume is what he was actually thinking of.

no

fuck, you are correct. I thought 110 was the peak. its been 10 years, leave me alone

This. 10/10 plug.
Btw, hidden feature. 10A plug can handle 20A no prob, for a long time. Based Btinco.

Attached: ssoot.jpg (2560x1536, 1.13M)

Bticino*

>less voltage therefore safer
It's not the voltage that kills you, it's the current. Tasers can hit 50KV and they're literally designed to deliver non-lethal shocks

>be yuropean
>get culturally enriched

Per ever.

because they are moronic.

>polarization not available
>only one plug per outlet

>be birtbong
>have to put fuses in every plug

>le 56%

The fuses are because you guys use inherently unsafe ring circuits in your buildings.

Having used half of these, Chinese / Australian one is the best, also having a power switch.

amps kill

OP about 10% of American homes are still knob-and-tube despite new knob-and-tube installs being banned in the 1970s. Unforutnately most of these homes tend to be inner ring suburban homes that go for millions of dollars due to their location.

Anyway, it'll be at least another 50 years until most of them are gone and ungrounded outlets can be defacto banned. But even then you'll still have ungrounded outlets installed anyway because they are cheaper.

Attached: knob_and_tube.jpg (360x258, 11K)

>what do you need 15 amps for? 5 amps is all you need for a lamp
>also no ceiling lights because lmfao if you think grandpa was ever gutsy enough to cut through a joist

Europeans will never understand this suffering.

Attached: knob-tube-wiring.jpg (473x355, 30K)

amps are a unit of current.

also: there's no plastic in old wiring, only tar-wrapped cloth. Not only does this make it extremely flammable, but it also makes it rodent bait

Attached: 0601s.jpg (756x601, 41K)

And? What even are you arguing? If they’re that shit you spend $5 and like half an hour to replace it.

no country in the world runs mains voltage DC power to household outlets

not arguing you ac/d-cunts

YER ONLY YOUNG BUT YER GONNA DIE

Top tier bread

Australian>British>yuropoor>American

British is good but the fuse is a meme in the modern era and it can sit face up to be stood on. The euro plug is ok but being recessed is sort of pointless.

American plugs suck shit. Straight prongs means they fall out easy, ground seems optional on the sockets and plugs far more than it should be, their power standards are so stupid that clothes dryers need a special plug and industrial equipment that plugs into an Australian house socket needs to be wired directly into the breaker box in the US.

Australian plugs are god tier, round so they always sit on their side, still relatively compact, and the angled prongs mean they always sit nicely even in older, worn sockets.

knob-and-tube is still safer than romex.

>Straight prongs means they fall out easy
Only if you have a shitty outlet. I can't ever remember experiencing that problem in the US. Here in the Philippines this house has 3rd world wiring and it happens on the shitty outlet in my bedroom. I had the other ones in the house replaced recently and it's no longer a problem for those. I should talk to the pastor of the church nearby about fixing that, he wired up the other new ones.

You can't have current without a voltage, so it's the power that kills.

But wait, if you touch a live circuit for a long time you will die, while if you touch it only quickly you might not. Power*time=Energy. So it's energy that kills. Final answer.

Why plastic nuts? They would melt and start a fire.

This is retarded, there is no such thing as high voltage low current. Tasers have high impedance voltage sources and thus the voltage drops down immediately once the circuit is established through tyrones body.

>just replace your outlets every other year goyim

>POWER PLUGS
twitter.com/masaakisyumiaka/status/1142336296851050506

Attached: D2gk7TEVYAAIOnl.jpg (480x480, 19K)

The outlets in my house in the US haven't been replaced in more than 25 years and they are still fine. They've been there since I was a child. I think it has more to do with the quality of the outlets. I never dealt with the hotdog down a hallway effect in the US.

what the fuck is this, not even 100 year old houses had such shit wiring in Austria

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knob-and-tube_wiring

Make sure you're wearing rubber boots user.

>you can touch 300-400V DC
lol nope
the threshold generally is around >50V AC / >120V DC.

300V DC will insta boil your blood and kill your Kidneys withing a week of no dialyses

Why your kidneys specifically?