Do burgers really believe this?

Do burgers really believe this?

Attached: 1561223697531.jpg (1080x532, 89K)

Other urls found in this thread:

levels.fyi/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If you're in the US, sure.

>Do burgers really believe this?
Yes. Why do you think people on Jow Forums get so upset they aren't able to land 150k jobs straight out of college, and decide to live as depressed NEETs instead?

god please let this be true i'm in college right now studying some bullshit and i'm thinking about learning programming on my own

Attached: 1560701751834.jpg (480x542, 37K)

The catch is that you'd have to live in California

>PhD in math
>any job I want
>300k starting
stay mad computer """scientists"""

Attached: mathphd.jpg (640x427, 34K)

He's not wrong.

I love how this meme has been completely forgotten on /sci/ but it continues to live on here and a few couple of other boards. I wonder if there are any old Jow Forums memes that have shared the same fate.

Paradise? Oh no!

a horrible catch, at that

>Do burgers really believe this?
There's no reason for burgers not to believe it, since it's true for them.

Well I dont even really code and I make $42k. With a tiny bit more effort I could get into the mid 60s but I don't even care anymore.

Enjoy your 12 hour days staring at stock charts.

Why are Twitter screenshots not a global ban

>implying math phds aren't hired to do algorithmic trading

>t. Flyover/southern state that has just as terrible people with half the development and a third of the pay
CA is a shithole but I only ever see even worse states crying about it constantly

pros:
>nice weather year round
>near the beach
>beautiful women
>legal weed
>plenty of Jow Forums jobs
cons:
>high rent
>gun laws
>bay area and west Hollywood is infested with homosexuals and trannies
gotta take the good with the bad

>bawww twitter
Are you faggots still upset over Milo?

They arent, software developers are hired to makes bots that do.

it's not forgotten on /sci/ at all
I made a thread a few weeks ago and got 130 replies, 50/50 on those who knew it and those who didn't

>be bong
>senior developer salary is $60k
just fuck my tea up old boy

>AIDS and spics are paradise
To each his own, I guess

Or any of the other 49 states in the country.

I'd still say that's a significant number of people not getting the joke. Meanwhile no one takes "install gentoo" seriously here.

Really? Isn’t math, like, an art history tier subject?
I’d love it if it weren’t, because I’m in a similar boat.

>thinking any of the neckbeards here care about the first three pros

>fellow britbong

I despise it.

Lurk more

>$
>bong

have you converted it to USD or have you literally just used the wrong symbol?

65 degree weather all year long, beaches, rivers, mountains, lakes, amazing fresh produce, dairy, bread, vineyards, world renowned race tracks, technological epicenter, entertainment industries attracting beautiful women from around the world.

What a hellscape of human refuse.

>study hardware shit in college
>most of the work i do is just research
>about 90% of the company aare all CS guys
>some groups are literally dedicated to making shitty applications
>some of these applications are made to automate out testing processes
I think I'll continue working for this company until I get bored. Sometimes I clock into work and sit down to research and read on my own interests.
Most CS guys might have to specialize into lower-level designs before getting up to the salary I might be able to achieve in a few years, since there's lesser competition. Dunno, but it's comfy having other do the heavy lifting.

Attached: ef7.gif (540x352, 486K)

Weather is more important than you think, even if you don't go out too often. I lived in WA for a bit and the overcast damp cloudy drizzly weather was pure garbage.

converted to mcbucks for americans
£50k is pretty typical of a senior dev in most cities here. in london or for niche engagements it's more like £70k+
software dev isn't nearly as lucrative in europe as the us, I'm not jelly of living in the US but I get jelly when I see scrubs fresh out of university with no personal marketing skills and 1 year of html on their resume pulling as much as I do with 8 years of experience in infosec simply because they're american

In the US, yes. Also the cost of living is so high there that lower wages on europe provide a better quality of life.

I dropped out of high school and hit 100k at the 5 year mark of picking up PowerShell.

Worked in a phone bank doing remote support for $10/hr and just started scripting shit. As long as you’re aggressive about your worth and you’re willing to leave a job to take that thick ass 35%-40% pay bump. The struggle is justifying why you’re bouncing around to potential employers. Also for me it slowed down at 100, I’ve been where I’m at for two years and have been taking short gains over hopping around.

On the journey I picked up C# (Moreless to get my hands dirty with integrating .net into my scripts), I’m pretty good at Groovy (for Jenkins) and I’m good enough with Ruby to get around Chef.

I could probably skate off for a decent bump now that I’ve been doing “devops” work for a couple years, we’ll see... I’ve been elbows deep in kubernetes, and it’s legitimately been a blast.

Cost of living in the U.S is much lower than wsstern Europe.

The beautiful women and software engineers are in different parts of California.

there are a lot of Jow Forums jobs in LA and there are a lot of modeling agencies here too.

lmao no. This is not the wild west. We have free education, healthcare, etc.

>Implying the major tech companies arnt hiring ever competent coder away from other companies with their fat salaries thanks to their unlimited market cap and starving smaller companies of talent.

So does the U.S.

>mid level developer with senior responsibilities
>£28K ($36k-ish)

I really need to get a fucking new job.

graduated a year ago, received 155k offer in seattle.

>We have free education, healthcare, etc.
it's not free you fucking cuck it's taxpayer money

this is true, but only if you're not full blown retard and get scholarships. the majority of brainlets that go to college without them end up dropping out anyways. fuck em. wasted resources.

yeah I know. My dad makes £55k + bonuses and support work in Cardiff doing software fixes in a senior role.

i'm only 2 years into my degree so no personal experience yet.

When I see figures like that and then read CoL in cities like London are higher than NYC, it boggles my mind. Do most people just have zero savings from cradle to grave and survive by the grace of the state? Granted most burgers aren't any better with their money but that's up to personal finance problems. I couldn't imagine working for years with nothing to show for it.

Attached: 1558552759975.jpg (1280x1707, 665K)

>We have free education, healthcare, etc.
those are funded by higher taxes, moron

Shouldn't you be working your 3rd job to pay off your college debts?

I went to college for free.

I went to a state school so I have very little debt. shouldn't you be prepping your refugee?

Groceries are significantly cheaper in the UK and we don't have to pay for health insurance so that alleviates it a bit.

rent is a lot cheaper in the UK, food is cheaper, the financial impact of health issues is a lot lower in terms of employee protection and obviously a lack of a hospital bill.

university tuition and board is a lot cheaper, and in some UK countries (such as Wales), tuition is subsidised.

i'm sure there are others, such as utilities, but I'm not a homeowner yet

pretty much. rent in london depends on how desirable the area is but even in the ghetto you'd be paying like $800 a month and >$1.5k in the nice parts. my sister and her husband make bank working in finance and business but they're broke when the month is over. the UK's economy and domestic policy is fucked and most people here are a single unfortunate event away from being on the streets. I should just move to canada desu desu

For single people who don't work in finance/fintech/Palantir - yes. The economy is based heavily on working couples.

while the software field is much better than most career prospects these days, the entry level market is pretty much flooded with new grads, bootcamp idiots, and people transitioning from other careers.

Not to mention the hundreds of thousands of pajeets we import every year.

The (((people))) in charge wont let these wages continue.

>Do most people just have zero savings from cradle to grave and survive by the grace of the state?

Finland here, yes. This is exactly how it goes.
Our prices and taxes are higher than in California, rents are cheaper though, and the most common salary here is 2600€ a month. People essentially live paycheck to paycheck with only some hundreds a month left to either save or spend after the basic living expenses have been deducted.
Burgers have no idea what kind of an easy mode their country is when it comes to making money. One reason I intend on fucking out of here the moment I can. There's simply no money to be made from work around here. Executive level salary is like 5k a month.

>Do most people just have zero savings from cradle to grave and survive by the grace of the state?
Pretty much. I'm not familiar with the rest of Europe, but up until Thatcher came along it was the norm for the vast majority of people to live in government housing in Britain. Then she sold those homes to existing tenants and overnight the British "middle class" was created which is just a bunch of losers who happened to be lucky enough to be alive when the nanny state did a housing stock fire sale. The government literally had to force the populace to become homeowners. They accepted it begrudgingly but up to this date something like 20% of families still depend on government handouts to have a roof over their heads.
There is no real wealth or productivity in this shit hole. You basically live like an insect and work until your last breath while the state takes every last drop of ambition away from you and gives you things like the NHS and the Monarchy fanfare in return.
The people are fully brainwashed too. Anyone younger than 40 has absolutely no aspirations in terms of getting a high paying job or starting a successful business. In fact things like ambition, inheritance and wealth are seen as immoral and "unfair" in this shit hole. Wages are low for qualified workers because there is an entire generation of morons who don't wish anything more than a shoe box to live in and a bicycle to go to work.

Attached: sadiq-khan[1].jpg (2500x1667, 390K)

I went to college for $12,000 and paid it off in a year because I'm not retarded. American schools are expensive if you go to meme universities. Computer engineering at a community college is pretty much covered by state aid, and finishing up at a state uni is just a few thousand.
Getting raped for school in the US is very much like our obesity and opioid "problems". Only the absolute failures of society get hit by them, because in the US nobody really cares if you don't succeed. There are plenty who will, so get out if the way.

>because in the US nobody really cares if you don't succeed

one of the few strengths of the US

bong island sounds dreadful

I Remember being in high school.

Suppose you earn a high paying job. Then what? What will you do with all your precious money?
I will never understand people whose priorities are high incomes rather than meaningful contribution back to society or self-development.

>Shouldn't you be working your 3rd job to pay off your college debts?
lol this part of the issue in Europe. While in the US when you go to university you're expected to make your diploma be worth it, and if you get a shit one you are fucked for life, in Europe you go in knowing you will have everything covered. The reason why the computer engineer doesn't earn a whole lot more than the sociologist is because he is expected to pay for the sociologist's education and welfare through taxes too. Meanwhile in the US by age 30 that same engineer would have a big house in the suburbs and two cars on the driveway.
Stop disguising your cowardice and complacency with compassion and fairness you monumental faggot.

Stop working after 5 years and spend the rest of your life doing whatever you want.

>please let this be true
>I'm in college right now
It's true but college doesn't count in the time
College is like a 50 lb weight on your ankle when you're competing in a 5k marathon. Want to learn data structures and algorithms? Oy vey goy, you need to learn how to write a 20 page essay on how to check your privilege and music history

Do yourself a favor, don't get into debt for nothing

>I will never understand...
I know you won't. And that's why for the rest of your life you will indulge yourself in this sense of moral superiority while the country (and the continent) slides into insignificance. Japs became wealthier than us in the 70, Australians and Canadians in the 80s, Singaporeans in the 90s, you will wake up one day and find out we're poorer than the South Koreans and Chileans and you'll still not understand it, muppet.

Let's make an estimate that you start doing serious work at 22 (leave 4 years to piss around)
If you're going to work for 5 years that means you stop working at 27. That means you got about 63 years left to live (assuming you live to 90 years old)
Let's also assume a good pension of 120k a year. 63 * 120k = 7560k = 7.560m pounds
Does that mean that you want to earn nearly 8 million pounds in 5 years and then have no work to do for the rest of your life?
It's funny how you gauge significance by wealth, as if it's the be-all and end-all

not really. Many other states you would be lucky to get even close to that pay.

Why do you need a pension of 120k a year?

How much do you want then?

Washington, Texas, Florida, North Carolina, Virginia

based

10k a year is easily enough to live on in the U.S if you have a paid off home.

That's surviving, not living.

No, that's for living.

Maybe 60k+ as far as "virtually everyone".
But, you can do that in many fields in 5 years.

I went from neet to 65k in 3.5 years in the medical field.
But, you have to be "above average" intelligence to make over median, obviously.

I could see you living on $10k/yr if you live in bumfuck Kentucky

DUDE

>Japan
Has been stagnant for 2 decades, no longer wealthier than America

>Australians, Canadians
Small population with vast territory, have always been very wealthy per capita

>Chile, Korea, x meme country
lol no, pretty far off

Attached: DvhpKlU.png (1292x646, 319K)

The point is that making 100k in California is really more like making 30k

No it's not.

>Spending 4-5 years learning a trade/skill makes it more likely for you to be paid for that skill

Really profound stuff

Attached: 1492406839339.jpg (1148x917, 155K)

>high rent
No my dude, high rent is $1,300 for a 1k sq ft house where the average household income in an area is $40k/year.
Bay Area rent isn't just high rent, its fucking astronomical. "High" doesn't do it justice.

I wouldn't be surprised if they did.
>pic related
That delusion is a key component of the American dream and the whole Jewish 'equality' brainwashing bullshit. Not all men are equal nor are races.

Attached: chart2.jpg (660x642, 36K)

>... no work to do the rest of your life
What argument are you making here? You started off by discrediting work and earning a high paying job, and then you jumped to "what do you do with your life if it isn't work".

>you gauge significance by wealth
you do realize that wealth is created in capitalistic countries by creating value for others? People reward you with wealth when you create something they want, or perform a service they want. So yes, wealth creation (done so legally) is exactly a measure of significance, at leas to the people that transferred said wealth to you.

if people applied themselves logically and efficiently, a million dollars isn't that much.
But you know, frugality, drive and intelligence are no longer characteristics of the general american public.

>medical field
Doing what?

> pros
> weed
gas yourself

Maybe he already did
>weed dude lmao

Given that 80% of Americans live hand to mouth (obviously partially due to the lack of the characteristics you described), I still don't think that's a realistic stance for most people. For an example, 41% of working-age Americans have medical debt problems.

levels.fyi/

Lmao that’s just the environment we’re succumbed to

>Suppose you earn a high paying job. Then what? What will you do with all your precious money?
You buy freedums. On top of buying freedom from financial worries (which should not be underestimated), you can either buy time (work fewer hours) and still have a car, house, etc, or you can buy freedom of choice: to choose what and where you eat, where you live, what you wear, what you do in your spare time, where you go on vacation, etc.

>Has been stagnant for 2 decades, no longer wealthier than America
who said I was talking about America? Even with 2 decades of stagnation Japan is still wealthier than the EU average
>Small population with vast territory, have always been very wealthy per capita
No. Australia was lagging behind Europe only a few decades ago and so was Canada. Large territory and small population are irrelevant. If anything they should make a country poorer as you need to spend more on infrastructure to deliver goods and services to remote parts of the country with no economic significance.
>Chile, Korea, x meme country
Chile is already wealthier than Hungary, Poland and some other Eastern European countries. They're a few years away from overtaking Greece given the current trend, something that was unthinkable 30 years ago. Korea is already a couple thousand dollars/year from passing Italy and a few years from getting neck and neck with Western Europe.

The vast majority of people are in the positions they are because of personal choices (obviously there are people that entered life with handicaps or have been hit by drunk drivers).
For an interesting thought experiment, look at a state like Alaska where the population receives anywhere from 1000, to 3000 from the state for merely existing and see what people spend that money on. The vast majority of people buy stupid, frivolous shit, or worse yet use it as a down payment on something they really don't need that will fuck them down the road with interest.
I've lot complete faith in the american public to be able to save money, reinvest it, or make sound financial decisions.

>to choose what and where you eat, where you live, what you wear, what you do in your spare time, where you go on vacation, etc.
Don't even try to explain these things to a young European. A nicer car, better house, an affluent neighbourhood etc. are unforgivable immoralities unless the whole of "society" is able to afford them as well.
Europe is the concept of participation medal taken to new heights.

Californian rent is among some of the highest in the country, you cannot own a car in los Angelos and drive anywhere without traffic. The cost of living is also outrageous. The people are either terrible or tolerable at best. You have no water. The industries you reside in care more about politics than performance.

Fuck california

>What argument are you making here? You started off by discrediting work and earning a high paying job, and then you jumped to "what do you do with your life if it isn't work".
What I'm saying is that working just for the sake of money is pointless. Chasing after jobs with a higher and higher income just so you can say that you're earning XX or YY thousand a year and see the money pouring in is completely pointless in my view. I'd rather be a teacher earning 40k pounds a year than some CEO running a giant company making millions any day.
Additionally, I found the plan of working yourself to the bone for 5 years so that you can live off of 10k a year for the rest of your life doing jack shit to be pointless. You're not going to be able to travel anywhere, you're not going to be able to host anything for other people to see. As I said, you're just going to survive. Eat, shit, sleep. That's it.

>wealth creation (done so legally) is exactly a measure of significance
Russia and China have a GDP per capita that is piss all compared to any well off EU country, yet they are vastly more significant to the world than those EU countries.

Its funny because with how big the CA economy is it pays for flyover states roads and schools etc. ie flyover states are the literal welfare queen states of America and CA is pulling all the heavy lifting/labor.