youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY
>List your uses e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors include purpose & graphics pairing
>NO Speccy or "bottleneck checkers"

CPUs
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming
>R3 2200G - Light 30-60fps gaming(dGPU optional). 2400G if you want a CPU which can last into a GPU upgrade
>R5 2600/X - Good 60fps+ gaming & multithreaded use
>R7 3800/X - High end gaming, launching 7/7
>R9 3900X/3950X - Budget HEDT or gaming+streaming on a single PC, launching in September
>Threadripper - HEDT

>Intel CPUs are now defunct. Even used i7 workstations are no longer worthwhile due to vulnerabilities and related performance regression

RAM
>NEVER use only a single stick
>8GB - very light use, and/or if you don't mind closing programs regularly
>16GB - standard amount. If you have to ask if you need more, you don't
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2800MHz+ is ideal. Check "more" link for true latency formula

Graphics cards
1080p
>RX 570/580 - value.
>1660 - Slightly better perf for more demanding games on high/maxed 60fps+
> 1660Ti / Vega56 - higher framerates
1440p (WQHD)
>used 1070Ti / Vega - 60-120fps+ in most games on high/maxed
>High end models of 2070 like the Strix have been on sale for ~$460
2160p (4k)
>Wait for better priced GPUs. 2080Ti is only 1.85x the performance for 4x the cost of a $300 GPU, and still only does 30fps in many games.

>RX 5700/XT is launching on 7/7. Nvidia Super soon as well. Wait for independent benchmarks if considering a >$300 GPU

Other
>Consider a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & HDD
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard
>PLAN BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING

rentry.co/pcbg-more

Prev

Attached: corelets 2019.png (914x678, 191K)

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/eSefdll
imgur.com/UPIqJ69
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How much of a premium is worth paying for g sync monitors over freesync? It seems to me they're asking for almost €300 jump in price.
I heard they started to make freesync work with nvidia GPUs?

Stop shilling for amd. Especially for their dogshit cards.

LEGOS

Question for EU fags, where do you shop online for pc parts?
Is Amazon the only option or are there any good smaller stores?

Does the latest LTSC build include the update that makes ryzen faster? Excuse my retardation.

Is the Noctua Nf-A14 any good? I've seen quite a few complaints of annoying sounds but on the other hand quite a few positive comments as well.

Computeruniverse.net

depends. freesync in general is hit or miss because amd doesn't individually verify every freesync monitor. my monitor is freesync capable at 144hz but when i use it's almost broken and sometimes doesn't work or the monitor spazzes out. i actually sent it off for repair and i hope they fix it and it's not just the monitor being shit because i've read online that it's just the monitor is shit and other people having the same issues. gsync costs way more but it's all regulated and certified so it's almost guaranteed to work. the price premium is up to the individual if its worth it for them though. i still would rather try alternate freesync monitors than pay for gsync personally.

Will AG271QX be enough to read moving names in MMOs or I have to pay a bunch of money for ULMB monitor?

same prices as amazon and even higher shipping cost

How much do you guys think the RTX 2080 will drop in price when the RTX 2080 Super comes out?

0$

The headphone jack on the front of the case uses the same audio chip as the jack on the motherboard I/O right? There's no quality loss?

>PLAN BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
Like this
imgur.com/a/eSefdll

So you say high end gaming with the 3800x, but it's not even out yet so how can you recommend it?

Also, on an unrelated note, why are shills allowed to make these threads in the first place?

Feels bad for you. But for me, I don't play taxes for products in it.

most 2080s already go for 700~750 these days, so if the 2080 super is going to sell for 800 like the rumors say, nothing will change

Amazon or whatever is local to your particular country, there's no special "EU" superstore.

Rate my planned loadout upgrade for the next Five Years.

>AMD Ryzen 7 1700X 3.4GHz
>MSI GTX 1660 Ti X 6GB GDDR6
>MSI X470 Plus
>G.SKILL 16GB 3000MHz Aegis CL16 (2x8GB
>Corsair CX600M PSU Retained
>Hyper 212 Evo Cooler Master
>Arctic MX-4 Carbon Thermal Compound 2019 Edition
>238 GB Crucial_CT256MX100SSD1 (SATA) (SSD) Retained
>931 GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-00BN5A0 (SATA) Retained
>4657 GB Seagate BUP SL SCSI Disk Device (USB) (SATA) Retained
>1397 GB Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex USB Device (USB) (SATA) (SSD) Retained

As for the monitor, do i really need to replace my LG 24MP55? Should i wait until the third generation Ryzen processors come out? Or is the i7-4770k still good enough?

Attached: bilio.jpg (383x329, 21K)

i usually check the tweakers.net pricewatch and buy stuff at retailers that have the product for cheapest
the site is in dutch though so it might not be too useful for non dutch people

Hey user, thanks for posting that, but I made an improved version after the feedback in the previous threads. Should be slightly easier to use and read, and includes up to 55" size and 5,6m of distance, in case someone wants some weird setup.
imgur.com/UPIqJ69

I used some shop of my own country, but they always tried to fuck me big time. Now I just use amazons because the CS is 100 times better and my ass is always covered thanks to EU laws

>1700X
The fuck kind of CPU choice is this?
Are you trying to be ironic?

So before I get into 3.0 You Can (Not) Redo
Is there any risk in using my old sticks of RAM and CPU? I don't want a repeat of the GPU shit causing more failures and fuck ups.

Attached: 1559612796738.jpg (416x280, 50K)

The CPUs are a no brained right now. Cards are dogshit, unless you do work on VEGA then its hit or miss.

i use Alzashop sometimes, found a few good deals in the past

No. They just won't work if dead, you need to do some serious voodoo shit to make a cpu or ram stick fry a mobo.

Do you mean to tell me it's already been outmoded for the same price?

So the only reason my GPU was able to cause damage is because it was directly connected to the PSU?

And because it was catastrophically damaged while connected to the power interface on you PCI-E slot, yeah.

What's wrong with it

It was the underwhelming stepchild CPU on release in 2017.
Nobody even remember it exists. 2600 is a better choice, waiting 2 weeks for the 3600 is even better.

Should i get the 2700 then? It's available right now for the same price.

Unless they price the super 2080s in the 700-750 range, absolutely none

Do you guys think Ryzen 2700X will drop more after 7/7? Currently $280 on Amazon.

Attached: 1560301453356.jpg (750x742, 36K)

Unless you need a PC right now, wait 2 weeks for the 3rd gen Ryzens to come out.

No.
Why do people keep asking this.
They are on clearance NOW. BEFORE LAUNCH.
If anything price will increase RRP to deflect sales onto the new gen, remaining 2nd gen stock will be dumped in big sales in a few months.

Related to building cheap PCs... How does one get the cheapest windows 10 licenses they can?

I was looking to get a replacement fast enough to get me back into working order considering my i7-4770k has been cooking at 98C when at full power as of late preventing me from rendering or doing radiosity calculations. I guess i'll just apply the thermal paste and the new cooler and wait.

This , although if you live in Germany you can get better deals than Amazon, whose delivery usually negates the price difference, although I've found Amazon to be fully competitive and am planning to get everything in my build except perhaps the case from them.
In Ireland we don't have our own Amazon, so it's basically a choice between the UK amazon or the European ones, of which the German one seems to be the most reliably well-priced, without the hassle or hidden costs of switching pound to euro.

wow amd are trying to sell their stock before zen 2 drops and everyone realises intel is better

Haven't the Ryzen prices been pretty much the same throughout their lifespan? I'm building a new system and need an old CPU anyway to flash the BIOS so I was thinking I might get a cheapo 2600 right now and then upgrade to a 3600X or perhaps 3700X if /when they drop in price but when I looked up historical prices for the 2000 series they appear to have been pretty much constant.

Attached: 1389367938416.jpg (331x331, 24K)

wow you're retarded

Piracy or various sellers on eBay who sell licenses for like $10, they're about as legit.

I mean its selling for $179 (non X) at MC right now. I might go drive over to Dallas for this.

Attached: 2019-06-22 15_34_02-Window.png (711x361, 95K)

If it's a gaming build you should still wait for the 3600

Is pirating Windows 10 as simple as 7 was? I haven't upgraded my OS in almost ten years now.

AOC makes some good stuff but stop playing shitty games

I'm dying here with my old FX-8350

Easier because all you need is a simple script, no sketchy slavware.

yeah, some torrent sites have preactivated ISOs and even if you just get a pure ISO, KMSpico is so fucking easy to download. Just remember to disable Windows Defender first

I heard the text looks ugly on VA panels, is that true? Reading is what I do most of the time.

can you spoonfeed me? just drop the script name or soemthing

>KMSpico
>disable Windows Defender
No.
KMS-VL-ALL or KMS38

860 EVO or 970 EVO Plus? Price difference is $65 where I live.

looks fine on mine

Just download it from here Rutracker.org.

nice try ivan
Get the ISO direct from microsoft.

can i just go to the official MS site, download the official win10 ISO onto a USB, install and then use that shit?

What's your problem?

You can and should do that, yes.

k thanks bro, i hope your not trolling me into a slav botnet ring

"Slav botnet ring" is actually just iso without shitty Microsoft services. But I accept your retardation here.

It's all open shit you can see what each script you run does in plain text.

the only quality loss is if the case i/o itself is trash, but that's unlikely

How many i7-4770k users will be jumping ship over to Ryzen once the 3rd Generation Processors come out?

none because you basically neeed to get a new mobo and ram and cpu, half of a PC just to chnage cpus...

Are Intel CPUs still preferred for game console emulation? CEMU, Citra, etc.

It's a fractal R6 Blackout. Should be fine I hope

TLDR: yes, certainly
144hz TN 1ms is basically the correct thing to aim for if you want extreme speed, the only other thing to consider is whether you want a sync technology. However, MMOs are usually well optimised so you can probably get the 144hz no problem, and the other thing is that that particular model is said to be actually pretty good for compatibility with gsync even though it doesn't seem to be formally supported, thanks to new drivers.

That's basically what I'm wondering myself, whether it's worth investing more for gsync. I've already more or less decided I'm okay with trading 3ms response time for IPS picture quality, because I don't really play online games or twitchy shooters, mostly strategy or RPGs.
A candidate I'm considering is a relative of the AG271QX, the AG271QG. Just don't know if gsync plus IPS is worth the ~€160 price jump, or if the slight latency in an IPS panel would piss me off, having used only TN 1080p. The grass is always greener etc.

It's like three weeks dude.

Check the stores listed for some popular part on pcpartpicker.com after changing the country from US to the European country you live in.

lol yeah and obviously that never happens with intel right

i'll replace my 2500k with a 3700x for sure
been saving money for months to get a whole new rig running

>MMOs are usually well optimised so you can probably get the 144hz no problem
lol which MMOs are these?
They are all horribly optimized single threaded shit that run like utter garbage on 9900k and 2080Ti

I would wait for independent reviews of new cpus first.

i am waiting, but for now the 3700x seems best bang for buck
i might go 3800x if it's a way better overclocker but i'm honestly not counting on it

>wait for (((independent))) reviews
>you may yet change your mind and choose an Intel® Core™ desktop processor, fellow consumer :^)

Really? Well I must admit I'm not speaking from experience, just perception that MMOs aim lower than single player experiences in order to maintain playability and wide playerbases.
If they're not well optimised and you wouldn't get 144 with top tier CPU/GPU, then for the user who asked, the adaptive sync features of the monitor become all the more important.

What cases are good to buy nowadays? The last time I bought one was when the HAF 912 was still a popular thing.

An AMD guy has said 3700X has the highest OC potential.
>with our boost algorithms, we eke out just about everything you can get. So maybe a couple hundred megahertz. With the 65W parts you’ll get a lot more because their specs are run with a lower power. So you can overclock the thing, get all the power of it, and, obviously, you get more headroom out of it.

3800X and 3900X will still be more powerful in absolute gaming performance terms?

Pretty much not worth it if you're getting a monitor with Freesync 2

>include the update that makes ryzen faster?
So far its a meme; no performance uplift in independent benchmarks

The i7 is still good enough for most games; you'll see no performance uplift over the i7 4770K with an R7 1700X. If you already have that i7, just wait to upgrade until it starts to fail you

>have an i5 4690k @4.3GHz
>figure it's faster than the tablet shit they put in consoles now despite having half as many cores
>still not getting desired framerates
>finally decide to open up task manager while playing a game
>all cores 100% maxed out
Fug I need a new cpu

can someone recommend a good 1080p 144hz monitor that isnt 5 years old?
all the popular models on amazon and others sites are old as fuck

3800x will be 1-2% better at most, not worth the extra cost. 3900x has double the cache so probably a fair bit better.

It's not your fault intlel shills had been pushing 4c4t CPUs as "great for gaming" for most of a decade. Many others fell for it, me included.

Not to mention it's stutter city even if I am getting 100+fps. Really can't wait for the new ryzen chips to come out and try them.

whats your GPU nigger?

1060 6GB

Why not wait next month? Zen2 parts are just around the corner

because 9900k will still have better game performance and I don't care

My PC keeps power cycling on and off. It turns on for about 30 seconds, fans at full blast, then it turns off for a few seconds. It's been doing this for awhile and it doesn't seem like it's going to stop. I've reseated the RAM and cleared the CMOS and it still does it. What do?

>Pretty much not worth it if you're getting a monitor with Freesync 2
What are some good 27" IPS panels with freesync 2?
And what would you say about the difference between IPS and TN for someone who's always had TN at 1080 but is open to choosing IPS for 1440? Is the latency noticeable, or is it a better compromise to choose the TN and keep the speed while having the jump in picture quality be from resolution and modernity of the design?
If you think the picture on the TNs is fine, I might choose an AG271QX for ~200 less than the AG271QG. Provided it's a monitor with freesync 2 as well of course.

we all got cucked by 4th gen Intel back in the day

That's interesting. What exactly is the market niche for the 3800x? Intel don't seem to be putting a model in the gap between the 9700 and 9900, but AMD are?
And how much of a gaming improvement would you think the Threadrippers are likely to be over the 3900x, if at all?

6th/7th gen was the hardest cucking desu. Still mad about that 6600K, barely lasted a year before i couldn't stand it anymore.

4670k nigger here, stuck at 4.3

>nvidia
>dropping prices