Phones

What mobile phone are you using anons? Still using an S8 after a few years, plan to keep going.

Attached: 5770900cv19d.jpg (2154x2657, 510K)

iphone 5s
idgaf about smartphones
might update it to 7 in a year or so if it will finally shit itself

As long as I can get email and instant access to web services idgaf either.

Redmi Note 7
I'm not a finicky fellow but I absolutely loathe MIUI with the disgust of a thousand memecats. Just tolerating the xiaomi.eu ROM for now and counting down the days until Lineage OS hits official status for this device. If it doesn't, I'll stop being a niggardly bastard and cough up $1k for a Galaxy S11+ next year.

Attached: mfw.jpg (300x250, 17K)

I just get the new Iphone whenever they bring one out.
If you have a reasonable job you can just buy things when they come out

S6 edge with phantom keys problem

Fuck artificially inflated prices, I won't pay more than $650 for a phone ever. Even then that is too much to pay.

From screen burn in? That's gotta be rough.

I can afford to buy a new phone every year as well but I don't see a need if my current one still runs perfectly fine.

It's the shitty back button and recent apps button. Soft keys... thank God we got rid of them.
I couldn't use my phone if it wasn't because you can disable them (with Lineage or some apps).

Agreed.

S7 Edge reporting in , completed 2 years and still rocks hard for anything i need , maybe I'll get S8+ after completing 5 years with this beast

BlackBerry Passport. Going to pick up a Classic and maybe a P'9983 but it's hard to justify that much on what's essentially a Q10, which I already have

iPhone Xs, coming from an iPhone 8.
That was a pretty quick upgrade, but I can't see myself upgrading from the Xs any time soon.

>few
The S8 came out in 2017 retard, or two years ago. What you probably meant to say was a couple of years. Fucking imbecile.

Galaxy Note 7 FE here. Plan to get some cheap Note 9 when it gets Q.
16:9 screen is better for manga but battery consumption on imported modem fucking sucks and there's no local firmware for FE.

Ericsson 868, not a joke.
I had to get a new battery a coupple of years ago (because I hadn't been handling it properly), phone is amazing.

cheapo chinese vernee m5, got it for like 80€ about 1.5 years ago and it has 64gb storage and stock anfroid

>and counting down the days until Lineage OS hits official status for this device
Don't. Other custom ROMs are available and official.
>I'll stop being a niggardly bastard and cough up $1k for a Galaxy S11+ next year.
And what will that get you? Certainly not any custom ROMs aka extended community support if any phone past the S7 is anything to go by. Not to mention all the other bullshit they're likely to pull.

if your're having to say that you cannot afford it.
Its like people who ask how much a Bentley is or how many Miles Per Gallon it gets.
If you have to ask, you can;t afford one

Or you just want to know how much you're spending

>Or you just want to know how much you're spending
because you can't afford it lol

all this cope...

Or you just want to know how much you're spending

>only those with unlimited funds can afford things

I went from my new Huawei Y6 (2018) to my old Samsung Galaxy A3 (2017). The Huawei didn't have some features that I consider basic and the UI was too simple which it more difficult to use. Simplifying something doesn't always make it better. (Pic related)

Attached: samsung-galaxy-a3-2017-2.jpg (653x660, 42K)

Galaxy a8@18
There's poor storage capacity, raw capture image is not available.
Keep going

better keep track on how many squares of toilet paper you use to wipe your boipussies too poorfags, that stuff cost money you know

I still don't see how wanting to know the price makes you poor. There are things I ask the price of that I'd never consider purchasing nor have any use for.

had a moto g3 for about 5 years. the screen became cracked to shit and the battery didn't last even 1 day on a full charge, so I bought a Redmi 7 for 130 bucks on amazon and so far this thing has been pretty great. I expect to use it for 3-4 years.

No way! i got my a3 last april, i didnt think anyone else would have this one
I originally got it for the size but now im thinking about upgrading later this year to a bigger and more modern looking phone. Maybe black friday will bring good deals

ANDROKEKS BTFO

Attached: 7gjqM3F.png (711x644, 621K)

>. There are things I ask the price of that I'd never consider purchasing nor have any use for
What like contraception?

It's only useful if you are going to have sex, virgin.

Like industrial ice cream machines, excavators, etc.

Redmi 4 Prime, got it two years ago for 140€
pretty happy with it, nice compact 5" 1080p screen, 4000mAh battery, Snapdragon 625 still has good performance
only annoyance is that the micro USB port is a bit fucked, at times it doesn't charge and it can't establish a data connection to the PC anymore
might upgrade to the Mi A3 if that's a good phone

Attached: xiaomi-redmi-4-Prime-display.jpg (2048x1365, 387K)

SGS6, planning to get Mi A3 when it comes out.
Touchwiz a shit

Nokia 6.1
Running Android 9.0
Bought it last year
Broke the screen twice, despite this it works like a dream
All I use it for is for calls, texts, chrome and youtube

iphone 5c i like it, small and suprisingly sturdy with a non cancerous os. I'll buy whatever phone with a headphone jack that is still around when it dies.

i need a phone with GPS for my job, and it needs to have security updates. Any suggestions? I thought about the Redmi 7.

The Honor 7
This thing is naked, no case or screen protector, screen hasn't cracked or scratched yet.

I'd suggest looking at the Android One selection of phones, they get at least 3 years worth of active security updates and at least 2 years of active version updates.
>what's ur budget m8?

as this user said Android One devices are good for you, 2 years OS updates and 3 years security updates. Currently last year's Mi A2 is good, but the Mi A3 should come out soon, so I'd wait for that.

S5 neo, damn thing is bullet proof, dropped it a ton, it got covered in both beer coke and water, and it doesn't give a shit, changed battery once, lasts 2 days with reasonable usage, 2gb of ram is showing its age, but I'm not a mobile game fag, browsing works fine.

Also, to my knowledge it's the last samsung phone made with old amoled tech, ie vibrant ass colors yellowish whites.

Nexus 4. It just werks.

Attached: 1516697521334.jpg (1280x720, 84K)

The faster you stop caring about smartphones the better your mental health is gonna be.

Lumia 930

Thanks, my budget is less than $200

only problems are
>notch
>no 3.5mm
>zero rom even though there's TWRP, root, and unlocked buttloader
ill probably get the exynos S10E when it drops to $300

Attached: .png (635x1029, 622K)

Pixel 3 with GrapheneOS. Ironically, the best phone if you want to get away from google.

nexus 5

Either look at my phone , or the Nokia 5.1 plus, Nokia 4.2, Motorola Moto G7 Play & Power (preferably power) There's some of my suggestions, if you need more help, don't be hesitant to ask mate ;-)

still on oneplus one, works fine

I'm probably going to go with the Mi A2 but it only has 1 year of updates, I'm not sure. I need the GPS to be accurate and I'm not being compensated for buying it but it's required for my job...

Prices will drop again in a couple of years and people are gonna think what tf they were thinking dropping thousand euros for a still flawed device. I've upped my limit from 300-350 to 500 something but starting to feel it's pushing it too hard

I would only buy a 1k iphone if I was making >200k a year.

Do you have to buy now? Also press them to compensate something, you cannot be responsible of providing something that your position requires

They won't compensate, and I can't write it off on taxes either because trump removed personal business expenses.

Moto E4. It does what I want it to do.
Might sidegrade to an E5 Play soon.

Note 8

Gets the job done and I have a pen to doodle with. Considering upgrading to a 9 but I've got a 128 GB SD card so really no need to boost the internal storage.

Am looking forward to having it paid off in a month. Cheap phone bills are dope

S8+ that's absolutely shitting itself. Never buying samshit again.

I'm using a Nokia 8810 4g.
I like it very much.

Huawei P30 Pro :relaxed:

Currently using a Pixel 2XL after keeping my Note 3 for 5 years. What's the deal about GrapheneOS?

Hi frens

Attached: Screenshot_20190622-073430.png (720x1280, 64K)

Samdump became shit when they stopped doing removable battery flagshits

S7 edge bros reporting in. Will definitely upgrade to S9+ when the price for preloved drops to below $200. Else will go for S10e for muh flatscreen and end this curved edge memeshit.

Mi9SE

iPhone 7 Plus from Redmi Note 4. Needed something fast and simple to use

>paying more than 50 bucks for a phone

Mi a1 with Los 16. Everything I could need, Rock solid for a 200 Euro phone. Sadly I see a 20% loss of battery capacity, might exchange it, idk

My Nexus 6 I got for the ProjectFi beta is letting me down almost daily now. Gotta find a rom for it so it can make it till the Pixel 4

I'm on a LeEco Le Max 2 I got meme'd into getting here 2.5 or so years back because I needed a cheap replacement phone almost immediately at the time. It's worked pretty well. Big complaints are the lack of expandable storage, absolute shit SoT, and the reliance of Russians for mandatory custom ROMs (official lineage, so not too bad, but within the last three to four months, updates between various official ROMs have corrupted my internal storage leading to a full reinstall). I'm thinking of getting a Zenphone 6 when it hits the US since I liked my 2 well enough, Intel chip support dying out almost immediately notwithstanding.

S9+, will change it next year for either the upcoming iPhone or an iPhone x

i have one of these... and im in the same boat. The battery is absolute shit though.

iPhone XR Product RED. Use it as an ipad replacement in bed, nice speakers and big screen

iPhone SE backup

anyone installed a linux distro on a samsing?

It's just aosp with extra hardening, nothing special. It's a much better option than lineageos if you're not using play services because you can relock the bootloader. If you're trying to get away from play services but still use a few apps that rely on them I'd give CalyxOS a shot. It comes with microg and also properly supports bootloader relocking.

s10 plus 512gb ceramic and an iphone 7 128gb rose gold

S8+
Does the job.

Same here, I installed some dodgy variant of lineage os and its everything you could ever want in a phone, its actually kinda boring having a phone with nothing to complain about for once.

based

OOOOOH REKT

gud choice

Attached: IMG_20190607_214153.jpg (4000x3000, 2.23M)

chinkomi mi a1

Xiaomi Mi4. I am about to replace it with a Xiaomi Mi 9T.

Rate me.

Still on a Galaxy S4. I'm looking for an upgrade but it still works.

I really love that one. Would you recommend it then?

A Moto G7. It's kino!

Attached: IMG_20190603_100408.jpg (3072x1728, 682K)

The S8 was only released 2 years and 3 months ago dilweed, that's hardly a few years. "Still." These homosexual youngsters and their limited definition of time

S10. Best phone I've ever had.

S9. Quite looking forward to the new night sight feature. I doubt I'll ever switch to another phone unless it has a headphone jack and sd card slot like this one does.

xperia xz2 here. gonna wait for the Xperia 2 next year.

Thinking about getting the xiaomi mi9 for my dad. How is miui? Is the global version really buggy and riddled with ads?

I am using S3. A bit worn after 7 years but at least the battery is replaceable.

s6 edge
might upgrade next year if the notch meme goes away

Based incel LARPer

Ads can be mitigated by turning off a few toggle switches in the settings (he'll still see a few but it's mildly tolerable). The global ROM is indeed quite buggy. Most bugs are related to notifications not working right.
Also, if he's a fan of Google Assistant then he'll have to put up with Xiaomi's clock app, which is hot trash. There is no way to configure the Google Clock app to take over actions for "set a 5 minute timer" or "wake me up at 7 tomorrow morning".

None. I barely leave my room anyways.

chadwei passing through
>TFW American's can't touch this. Feels good man.

Attached: huawei-p30-pro-header[1].jpg (770x433, 23K)

Rent free!

also using a Samsung s8+, I don't plan on buying a new one anytime soon

2 years isn't "a few years".