Should I?

Should I?

Attached: 238E5050-3D2E-4FE5-9081-FB22BDE785CB.png (2048x1536, 778K)

No.

>i5 2.4 GHz
>500 €
Nope.

>500 krautbucks
>3 year old laptop with no dgpu

I’m looking for a small ssd Linux thinkpad
This one have 240g ssd, i5, 8go ram
No optical drive and a 12,5’ display
Also come with Linux which is nice
It seem to fit my requirements, do you think I can find a better deal or I forgot about something?

Isn’t dgpu bloat? It’s not like if I planned on gaming on that thing

So what? I should look for a better cpu and a dgpu or a cheaper deal?

Then spend the $500 on something with a better CPU since all your performance will be based on that.

Is the x260 a good thinkpad for my needs?
Basically coding, arduino and shit, some dev and graphic editing, basic web lurking, movies and some emulation
I like the idea of a small laptop so I looked at the 12,5 inch models
Do you have a better thinkpad model to recommend ?

I paid around that much for a used X260 a few months ago, but with FHD, Windows and a new extended battery.

I’m not against a dgpu I had one on a mbp and thought it was more problematic than anything
Outside of gaming with shitty settings since it’s a Linux laptop what are the pros of a dgpu? Software acceleration? Slightly faster gui?

I don’t care for windows, full had would be nice though

>dgpu on an ultraportable laptop

The best you can get in a laptop of this size is something like MX150, which will allow you to play games from 2011 as opposed to games from 2009, is useless in professional software, and you're sacrificing battery life. What's the point?

You can also look at X250, it's the exact same laptop with a marginally slower CPU, but can often be bought significantly cheaper.

Ok so what I get from this thread so far
For about 500
>I should look for a full hd model
>I should consider a dgpu model
>I should look for better cpu

Also what do you think about the 12,5" size is it comfy enough?
Are you for or against a dgpu?
What cpu speed would be acceptable?
Do you like the x260 or do you have another model to recommend for the 500 price range?

Ok thanks for the advice

>linux
dgpu will be a complete pain.
Avoid

Bought a x270 FHD i5 7300u for 440€ 4 months ago. Check ebay UK, OP.

Attached: 1561158350827.jpg (600x800, 84K)

I've had one for almost 3 years now
It's still good. The FHD screen is OK.
The Sanyo battery has degraded to ~60%. The LG battery is in a better state.
That said something with one of the recent intel 4-core CPUs will be faster.
Or go for the X270, you can actually use a m2 pcie drive on it.

How about this yoga for 400?
Does the tactile screen works in Linux? Or is it useless?

Attached: CEE3828C-07CC-476A-91E4-F77D0094AFFF.png (2048x1536, 631K)

To my knowledge, there are no laptops with 12.5" screens and a dGPU in existence. You need to step up to 13.3"/14".

>Are you for or against a dgpu?
Depends entirely on what you do. E.g. any dGPU is dead weight if all you're doing is coding, web browsing and video playback; but if you want to run CAD or modeling software with 3D acceleration, you might want a laptop with a Quadro.

>What cpu speed would be acceptable?
What for?
Note that newer laptops with 8th gen Intel processors are significantly faster due to a switch from 2 cores to 4, but if you want one of those for 500, you'd have to deal with a low end plastic case and other compromises.

Thx but I need a French keyboard with an azerty layout, will take a look at eBay though
The site I’m checking offer a one year warranty too

You can actually rig a M.2 NVMe 2280 drive in a X260, but it requires extra parts (and makes little real life difference)

Yes but those parts are very hard to find. And way too expensive.

Like another user said dgpu will probably be a pain in the ass with Linux
Had one in a mbp and it was never that useful even blender was unable to use it and I had to render with the cpu and outside of running counter or left for dead2 I never really used it
Doras anyone know if the tactile screen on the yoga work in Ubuntu or other distros?

X250 was the last model with removable batteries
Same cpu, look for one of those

X270 not X250

Got an quad core i7 with 16gb and a 500gb ssd for 500$ yesterday at microcenter. This seems like a shit deal.

Will do thx

That trackpad is garbage. No physical buttons, stay away or replace.

Something like this?
Doesn’t seem to be fhd
The same in fhd would be nice

Attached: AD41DCB0-7DBD-4912-9EDA-946A17AA2DE0.png (2048x1536, 588K)

Shit in the street.
You can get a 1050.

Attached: DDFCD4EE-7C3C-4EBA-9A8E-62F420580B6A.jpg (1242x2002, 684K)

Let's be reasonable. 2€ letter stickers over ISO keyboard and ready to go (keyboard swap is hell in this model).

Attached: Buu.jpg (288x339, 16K)

Huh, that one has an older CPU gen than the usual X270s
Still if you want to get something cheap go for the X250.
X240 to X270 use the same basic design, X280 got a redesign with soldered RAM and non removable battery.

Yeah I’m gonna check more websites and check for better deals

They don't put a GTX 1050 in 12" laptops as it simply won't work you tard

Dude what? X250, X260 and X270 all have the same construction with one internal and one removable battery, and different CPUs (5-series, 6-series and 7-series respectively).

subhuman children on Jow Forums will tell you anything beyond the XX20s are shit because they are that, manchildren.
2.4Ghz means nothing as that is just the base clock, usually they manage a lot, lot more when on AC, not that you would want 4GHz on the laptop cooler.
And 2.4GHz of the new processor is faster than 2.4GHz of the old one because of cache and shit like that which gets better.
Basically: Jow Forums is monkey subhuman advice and you should never listen to this shithole full of parroting pajeets

There are 13.3" laptops with a 1050 (e.g. MSI PS42), albeit it's the throttled Max-Q version.

Nobody in this thread even said something about xx20 series, you mongoloid.

Also, I own both a X230 and a X260 and the latter isn't appreciably faster (which is logical since it has half the TDP and half the memory channels). It has a WAY better screen and battery life though.

No

I fell for the t440p meme but I don't need that much storage and better TDP is fucking important on a laptop.
I can't believe Jow Forums is so retarded as to buy inefficient as fuck old processor meant for desktops on a laptop so their batteries die like in 2 hours and overheat

The msi is a flimsy 14" throttling consumer laptop though.

Those processors are enough for a lot of software and the battery life with a reasonably fresh battery is still passable. If you can deal with a shitty 768p screen, a X220/230 makes a cheap and sturdy beater laptop.

I've seen one IRL and it was actually fairly sturdy for a consumer laptop. Don't know how much it throttles, but judging by the vents, I would expect it does.