Is this shit dead? I have never seen someone mentioning that they use NetBSD

Is this shit dead? I have never seen someone mentioning that they use NetBSD.

Attached: NetBSD.png (718x479, 26K)

BSD as a whole is dead. Stop wasting your time.

I beg your pardon?

Attached: 64f501db467c44445285591ab8ca8512.jpg (235x283, 8K)

8.1 came out a few days ago. But otherwise, I'm pretty sure that Linux, FreeBSD and OpenBSD have stolen anyone that is on x86 or x86_64 from it for sure. it's pretty much for niche/under-supported/rare architectures, not for actual laptops or desktops at this point

Attached: netbsdtoaster.jpg (384x512, 26K)

FreeBSD is the most popular and OpenBSD users always have to mention how they use OpenBSD.

You heard the man,blockhead.

I use it every day on sdf.org which runs on NetBSD. I'm also going to install it on this old HP palmtop I have soon but I need a CF card first.

it has no niche.

It does, old stuff which isn't supported by Linux since the 2.6 days, and weird architectures.

Why do they spend their time supporting x86_64 then? It does not make any sense.

PowerPC has only tier 2 support, while x86shit is tier 1.

x86(_64) is far more common

>Why do they spend their time supporting x86_64 then? It does not make any sense.
>PowerPC has only tier 2 support, while x86shit is tier 1.
You didn't even have to make this post. You just had to think for one second. Shame on you.

>being this retarded

the question is why, if their main objective is to cover obscure architectures, x86 is tier 1

You're the one insisting that there is a "main objective" here. I informed you of the niche, which is well known and has been for decades.

You didn't have to make this post either. You're just looking dumber by the minute. But please, post again, I want to see if you have anything to contribute at all.

>not runing NetBSD on a VAX 4000/705A

NetBSD is pretty niche. It's pleasant enough on the desktop, but most people (including myself) would rather use one of the BSDs with a larger community/documentation base. Make no mistake; there are desktop NetBSD users out there beyond just the devs, but it really shines when you need to squeeze a UNIX-shaped peg into a differently shaped hole.
Also, just like OpenBSD has LibreSSL, OpenSSH, and other projects with lives outside the base OS, NetBSD has pkgsrc and so on.
It's not dead; it just lives a quiet life.

I used to run it on Dreamcast almost 20 years ago

I use it.

I kind of gave up after I realized the audio didn't work in firefox, there was a known problem, and nobody seemed concerned about fixing it.

There's no reason to use it over FreeBSD, OpenBSD, and of course Linux.

I run it on my Cobalt Qube, but since it's mostly for older shit that I tend to run factory stacks on I don't mess with it much otherwise.

Was it a pulseaudio issue?

Just install apulse.

well tell me which modern os can run on 4MB ram

I use it on the various bits of old hardware that I have around.

NetBSD is the Slackware of BSDs.
It works and its users have better things to do than shitpost on mongolian throat-singing gatherings.

freedos i guess. Also in some instances linux(LFS)

thats actually a good thing, you shouldnt be watching videos or music in your browser.
web pages should just be formatted text (with sparing use of graphics, like a pdf)