Will I regret having purchased this monitor?

Will I regret having purchased this monitor?

Attached: 65096040_502552460482098_4788623724536397824_n.jpg (1440x2255, 179K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rtings.com/monitor/reviews/best/by-refresh-rate/144hz
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>TN
>2019
Yes, you should regret this.

Not really no. It's cheap and does a specific job for fast refresh rate gameplay.

>27 inch
>1080p
It looks like pixellated shit dude.

Obviously, why wouldn't you?

>27" 1080p TN Gsync
lol

>27 inch and not at least 1440p
>TN
Return it

either look for a 24" 1080p monitor or 27" 1440p monitor. That will be pixelated when playing shit like cs.

had my 27inch tn panel for like 6 years now still going strong. only thing that sucks is if you watch a horror movie on it the darks ruin the viewing experience of a movie, in games doesn't really matter.

For anything other than eye tearing famting, yes

This is not your personal review site

Acer makes a cheap fresync 27" IPS 1440p 144hz panel now, you know.

You probably could've done better. There isn't anything inherently wrong with a good TN panel as long as you know what you're getting, but 27" is pretty big for just 1080p.

If you could return this, save a bit, and spend $400 on a monitor, you'd have a much better range of really capable choices. There's a lot of choices that are far more capable for $300-400 than what you got. Just off the top of my head, there are phenominal Dell 1440p TN panels, Samsung is coming out with 1080p 240Hz VA panels soon, and Viotek makes some great high refresh 1440p VA panels in that price range.

1440p+ just ain't in the budget. will more than likely sell this rig in the near future anyway

Only reason I'm going 27" is comfort factor. Been using 27" for so long that downscaling doesn't feel right

>acer monitor
Requires third party VESA adapter support

i have the 240hz 24.5" version
i like it

>TN
>16:9 shit

Attached: smug.jpg (228x208, 38K)

>Prioritizing refresh rate over picture quality
>Jow Forums user
FFS this board went to shit

>god forbid some people have different goals in mind with their builds!
ok retard

Does it have freesync and display port?

If so it's a nice investment.

IPS sucks unless you like playing the backlight bleed lottery.

You can read can't you?

This unfortunately.

Attached: D8pWEy3XUAAJbSR.jpg (900x1200, 125K)

I'm a phone poster faggot.

I see DP now.
gsync is non neutral correct or did acer include freesync also?

Amazon's choice just means high margins for Amazon. You got jew'd.

Why not this?
Same screen size, 144 Hz., $180

Attached: Untitled.png (1480x711, 429K)

theyre wrong 1080p is fine on 27 inch unless your face is inside the screen

I've got a 27" 1080p 144hz TN asus that's similar and I like it. I've had a 22" 1080p IPS and while the color difference is pretty noticeable it's not too bad for the refresh rate. Pixel density is also fine (My laptop is 1440p at 14" and I'm fine with either but I guess that comes down to personal preference)

lol this, there is no best monitor for everything. Even 4k 144hz monitors suck because they cost a shit load and you're stuck playing games at 1440p on your 4k monitor

TN is an insult to your eyeballs
VA is best imo

no gsync for nvidia card
wants to pivot the screen to be vertical to read manga

VA is shit for response times. I hope you like black smudging everywhere

>1080p and TN panel in 2019
Yes.

the acer IPS 1080p 23.5 in is $109. I'm considering buying a second one.

Yeah it's way better to buy crippled screen in the beginning.

S-PVA is okay. But IPS is still the king.
VA has a lot varieties and most of them are shit, PVA that HP puts in their laptops is utter shit, on the other hand older Eizo screens have S-PVA that is godlike.
IPS is mostly okay, i've never seen a shit tier IPS screen, but rarely a good VA.

Where the hell do you even find a 1080p tn monitor for 300$ in 2019? Are you in zimbabwe or something?

My piece of shit 1080p tn monitor was like 50$

The ghosting on VA panels is so bad that you need to call the ghost busters. Trails appear everywhere and it's totally unplayable even in single player games.

It's not like my GPU magically upgrades with my monitor.

Backlight bleed. Low response time. IPS is bad for gaming.

I was saying that VA can be utter TN-tier shit whilst IPS is mostly better than VA.
I have Eizo S2100 besides Dell U2412M, both are low-mid tier screens, Eizo is S-PVA and Dell is shit tier IPS. They are on par with picture quality, Eizo is noticably warmer tho unrelated with K settings. And fucker has a horrible bleed/uniformity problem on left side but perhaps it's the old age problem.

You want VA if gaming
+ kino
GL

Nvidia supports freesync, has done since january.

>1080p is fine on 27 inch
the state of Jow Forums in 2019

27" 1080p TN. Yeah, you fucked up pretty much across the board.

The bigger the better. People game on big 1080p TV's. I'm so sick of my text being tiny with my 21 inch 60hz TN. I want to upgrade.

Attached: _emperor_penguin_kemono_friends_drawn_by_kagura_roku_03253e9d380a28427024df064e9c0488.jpg (1300x1800, 864K)

Dell monitors truely suck compared to other monitors at the same prices. They get sold on the brand name, not their review scores.

VA = trailing = unplayable.

Attached: golden-era-bodybuilding-31428707.png (500x566, 197K)

Eh i have IPS and VA displays and don't have any issues but I have heard w-b-w is slow of VA and it theoretically should be giving me issues

>27 inch
>1080p
>TN
>GSYNC
You're doing everything wrong moron. Enjoy your overpriced pixelated eye cancer TN garbage.

Just buy the glorious aoc c24g1

Haha, I totally know what TN is... haha fucking OP, what a MORON, he got a TN monitor, LOL!

>every tn panel looks like a 2009 thinkpad
God this board went to shit

Yee and they get weird color artifacts when dealing with grey on black like the fog in Skyrim loading screens for example

>27 inches
>1080p
just stop!

You're wrong, you know.

No. I would go even bigger if my desk was large enough.

What's the best monitor at the $500 price range

Attached: cyberdwarf.jpg (794x540, 35K)

go bigger yes, BUT WITH A HIGHER RESOLUTION!!!
unless you sit a mile away from your monitor

Attached: distance_chart.png (907x619, 21K)

I currently game with a controller and a 21 inch TN. I sit back. The screen is too small in general. I also have some trouble reading small text. 24.5 inch is barely an upgrade, so 27 here I come baby. Your graph supports this in 1080p, I think.

Frankly, I have a 1060 6g. I'm not gonna hit 1440p. Not gonna try until my next build, which is 3 years away at the earliest.

rtings.com/monitor/reviews/best/by-refresh-rate/144hz

>tn
>1080p
Yikea

My Asus 27" 144hz 1080p is fine and there isnt much pix elation and I play CSGO too. Don't listen to these posters that go on about needing 1440 and this and that.

>Acer
Yes.

LGs

They won’t have a 40” 8K until DP 1.4 comes out (I cry)...

>FHD
lmfao yes.

so much yes.

>red and black

yes

I have a 27 inch 4k monitor and its still too big 8k 27 inch is the sweet spot but it wasn't in my budget

not buying nvidia gpu ever again goy works monitors are shit the amount of freesync monitors that are better is a lot freesync works better on ayymd gpus

the g-sync compatibility is a bait and switch, it only works with late model geforce gpus

>2019
>tn
>1080p
>27 inch for 1080p
>goysync
lmao. your IQ must be "up to" 60

>having a monitor

>1080p
>GoySync
>TN
You could've bought a 1440p ips or va with Freesync, which now works on nvidia cards for less than that. Regret will hit hard.

You will regret wasting time playing video games. Buying worthless gaming attire isn't your real problem here, it's your complete lack of any real hobby that means all your disposable income goes into escapism, thinking it's a valid alternative.

no.