Is a mechanical keyboard worth it?

is a mechanical keyboard worth it?

Attached: 1457222421292.gif (480x270, 502K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BGGOn-H7s3Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

yes
you don't need to fall for some retarded $100+ meme keyboard though

Yes but if you choose a bad one you'll regret it till you die or even possibly for ETERNITY. Good luck user!
Protip : Don't fuck up

No, yo mammy will died.

God I wish that keyboard was my cock.

(*´-`*)

you want a tiny keyboard?

youtube.com/watch?v=BGGOn-H7s3Q
Mactini Nano at least

uhhhh what the fuck?

Yes, ignore people who say absolutely everything beyond absolute basics is a meme. I recommend the K70 personally but don't pay the $50~ retard tax for the RGB version

>corsair

this. DO NOT user listen carefully this is probably the most important tip you'll ever get in your life pick a romer g

Could you recommend one?

IBM model M or the SSK if you want something smaller. Both can be had for under 20 bucks.

ask /csg/

>membrane keyboards from the 80s

Who cares they're cheap and you can still buy new model Ms

>can't rest your hands on them like any chiclet keyboard
>loud unless you buy black switches or similar
>more expensive
>leds can fail and replacing them is an issue
>harder to clean
No.

They are not worth it

Membrane does not equal rubber dome

topre.

Attached: 1450968264910.png (256x256, 119K)

>K70
I've got two of these. I love them.

Worth it how? They're luxury products which are not necessary in any way. A super cheap keyboard will get the job done if that's all you want. You buy a mechanical keyboard if you want to have and use something nice.

>current year
>not owning a Model M
Cringe and poorpilled. You can still buy them new, made in USA from Unicomp

It depends. They're very much a luxury item, and won't make you more productive in any way. They are very satisfying to type on though, so if you spend a lot of time on your computer or value it and your peripherals highly (which I'll assume you do, since you're here), it can be a nice item to have.

Personally, I really disliked linears and so I settle with cherry blues, which are the very loud and clicky ones. If you're looking for recommendations, look into the ducky one or ducky one 2. Despite the retardedly confusing name scheme, they are very solid boards that come in a variety of switches and look professional as well.

>won't make you more productive in any way
I find typing on a mechanical keyboard has made me type faster with less errors than on a logikek rubber d**e keyboard

Yeah I hear this a lot, but it hasn't been the case for me. Whether I'm typing on an old school rubber dome, Thinkpad keyboard, scissor switch, or full sized mech keyboard my accuracy and speed remain about the same. It takes some time getting used to each keyboard, but after a few days of use I can adapt to anything.

no

Redragon K552W

Good clicks and heavy enough to not slide around your desk.