Paying for 300 down/35 up

>paying for 300 down/35 up
>getting this
Can I sue for this blatant fucking lying?

Attached: Untitled.png (393x335, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

starry.com/
arstechnica.com/information-technology/2019/06/starry-aims-to-bring-its-50-200mbps-broadband-to-25-more-us-states/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No. Isn't freedom great? :)

Unironically I cannot wait until elon launches his LEO satellite based internet.

>New york
There is your problem.
Move out that shithole, problem solved.

>NYC
>shithole

Stay mad, pajeet.

are you paying for actual 300/35, or "up to 300/35"?

I bet you think San Francisco is perfect too and that California is a good state.
Let me guess, Chicongo?

You're paying for a MAX of 300/35.
Suck it.

Bro you live in nyc you deadass do not have that type of internet when the standard is 100 mbps here

Wrong. Cities are the shit. You sound like one of those salty fucks who got left behind because he wanted to stay in bumfuck nowhere and expect his career to keep on pace with those in large dense cities.

>paying for 300 down/35 up
No, you're paying for *up to* that much. Maybe you should read the agreements you sign.

>server is in NYC therefore OP is also in NYC
are you retarded?

/thread

You're blatantly wrong. Optimum offers up to 400 down/40 up.

>Bro you live in nyc you deadass do not have that type of internet when the standard is 100 mbps here
Verizon has gigabit and Optimum has like half a gigabit. Not even that expensive either.

OP, I found something useful if you live in an apartment.

Its called starry. $50, and it can go into apartment buildings.
starry.com/
TL;DR: cable companies own everything except the wires in the apartment building. Starry uses that + beam relay.

More info:
arstechnica.com/information-technology/2019/06/starry-aims-to-bring-its-50-200mbps-broadband-to-25-more-us-states/

Attached: starry-illustration[1].jpg (1482x843, 132K)

yes and no.
you can take them to small claims and demand money, and you will likely get it there, but anything more then this will cost you more then you would ever get back.

Did you try calling them?

You're literally crazy. Cities have worse jobs. You literally have a way better chance living in a mid size town for any kind of job, especially IT.
Also have fun with the aids

Enjoy convincing the old kike that owns your apartment building to install that shit. He's probably getting paid kickbacks from TWC to block Verizon from offering Fios to the tenants.

>nyc
>the standard is 100 mbps
maybe in 2006

Verizon in 2019 offers 100/100, 300/300, or 1gbps

100mbps IS the standard, just because you are willing to pay for more, most people aren't.

this, any lawsuit would be thrown out immediately

No. It's his parent's Internet service.

>most people aren't
So? What does that have to do with being "standard"? When you say standard, people interpret that as whats available in the area. Of course the most people pay for whats cheapest, but that doesn't mean there isn't better available.

Just get Verizon fiber optic dude. You live near Verizon's headquarters, it shouldn't be too expensive.

Why would you consider the standard to be whatever is the fastest?

I can get 2gbps if I wanted, does that mean 2gbps is STANDARD for my area? Fuck no.

Yup. They want to send a guy over to check out my box, which is meaningless bullshit because there's nothing wrong with my box. Very rarely, I do actually get top speeds, but most of the time I get these fucked speeds.

I had Verizon before. I switched because they had constant outages in my area and they progressively raised the price. When it worked, it was great, but I don't want to get scammed out of money with their constant billing changes. I'll probably change back eventually when I qualify for new member pricing again, but right now this is what I have to deal with.

That's not the point IMO.

OP is paying for 300/35, so they should get 300/35, that's not a question about "the standard".

If you order me a MacBook Pro, you're a massive idiot but I still won't send you a T420.

Bro I work there NYC is absolutely not a place to live in

>OP is paying for 300/35
No.

OP is paying for UP TO 300/35

He has NO speed guarantee.

He's not paying for an SLA.

Is it advertised as "up to"? ;)

Before you do anything, make sure your internet card (LAN I think, idk I'm not a computer guy) drivers are up to date; I was having this issue after I moved and the update fixed the issue.

all consumer internet is.

Unless you're paying for a service level agreement (SLA) you're only going to be promised what your speeds COULD be, with no assurances that is what will actually be delivered.

With an SLA of course you're under contract to get a minimum level of service, and likely have specific clauses letting you know exactly how much they would have to pay you if they fail to meet the minimum level of service you are paying for.

SLAs are great for those that need them, but consumers simply don't.

Even if we take the "up to" seriously, the speeds in the OP are fucking unreasonable at any level and indefensible. I don't even know how he's even browsing here with that shit.

What neighborhood? Works fine in Flatbush

>call technician
>he arrives
>"ok bro lemme just check speedtest.net"
>100mbps
>"it's fixed bro"

Have you tried telling your ISP it is slow and asking them to fix it? Or do you prefer to just bitch about it on Jow Forums and expect them to automatically know you're having a problem with your service.

hahahahaha, based ameriturd

Yeah, odds are he has a local network issue causing his problems, either on his local network, or local on the neighborhood or regional level.

Also, google speedtest isn't really the best source anyway.

I get around 60% of my full speeds with google compared to actual downloads from steam or similar.

Attached: 2019-06-22 22_43_50.png (402x234, 9K)

lol america

>I don't even know how he's even browsing here with that shit.
I barely am, my upload speed is literally going down to 0.08 Mbps. I can't even post images.

Same shit happens in every country retard.

No ISP in the world is PROMISING a minimum level of service.

That kind of shit is 100% relegated to businesses, and even then most businesses don't get SLAs, they just get business class service, which STILL doesn't come with a PROMISE of a certain speed.

I swear I live in the philippines.

Man third world internet is wierd

Attached: 1555752765524.png (378x195, 10K)

They aren't lying. You don't know how to read.

>Up to 300 Mb down
It's not their fault that you're and idiot.

So you'd be content with paying for gigabit internet and getting less than 1 Mbps? You'd find that acceptable?

Stop spewing the 'up to' meme. Yes you're not guaranteed to get top speeds, nobody is fucking saying that. But getting literally less than 1% of your top speed IS NOT ACCEPTABLE.

Stop being a shill.

OP's internet is probably a shared bandwidth within the area.

For what I know, only 3rd world countries do that. I don't know about america.

It's not unacceptable it's what you bought. You being annoyed because you don't understand what you were purchasing is not my problem.

Stop paying for internet if it's really that big of a problem, otherwise shut the fuck up.

All countries do that. It's litterally impossible to not do that.

Enjoy your 1000ms+ latency

Of course he wouldn't. He's only acting high and mighty because its currently not happening to him. The moment his internet slows to a barely usable crawl, he'll be crying about it.

LEO is a lot closer than geostationary. Latency is expected to be

>But getting literally less than 1% of your top speed IS NOT ACCEPTABLE.
Yeah this. Its understood that it won't be 300 down all the time, but the alternative shouldn't be less than 1 either. I would be happy with 30? Even fucking 10, not less than 1.

Also FIOS for all its faults always gave me top speeds.

I don't have internet at my apartment. I go to a coffee shop once a week and I have scripts that download everything I care about.

If it's bad for you, and it's expensive, and you don't think you're getting value out of it, but you still pay for it... Then you are an idiot or an addict.

>mfw shitty Australian internet

Attached: 8359279220.png (350x200, 21K)

Speed tanks on any international site, fuck the NBN

Attached: 8359283599.png (350x200, 21K)

Not your ISP's fault. Your TCP window scale is set too low. Read about bandwidth-delay product and long fat networks.

Deer graze in my yard. I burn trash in my fire pit out back. I can walk to work, but usually choose the 3 minute drive and only sometimes see another car on my way. I know all my neighbors. People often greet me around town by first name.

Your city is a shithole.

>Also FIOS for all its faults always gave me top speeds.
Not that hard to do when you have a full fiber network and don't overpopulate the PONs.

Based and realitypilled

>I bet you think San Francisco is perfect too and that California is a good state.
what the fuck would make you think that?
new york is the greatest city on earth.

san fran is the gayest city, in the gayest state.

uh in countries that aren't cancerous like yours they advertise a speed and if you don't get that speed or close to it then it is covered by consumer laws. not "OH BRO UR INTERNET IS 1/1000TH OF WHAT THEY SAID? TECHNICALLY IT SAID UP TO THOUGH"

fucking loser, imagine defending this shit lmfao

B-but user, what about the rednecks and even worse, christians? I've spent my whole life hearing about how these people are dumb, worthy of ridicule, and not like me. Surely I could never enjoy the company of such folks!

>Live in the rural US
>Only option for internet is Comcast or the company I'm using
>Everything but the top package has data caps
>Company charges a "network improvement fee"
>Oversells their nodes and doesn't improve the network
Of all the things fucked up about this country, ISPs truly are the worst.

No, we need to get more people running CJDNS nodes so that the meshnet can become a reality.

Viable mesh net will never happen in your lifetime

Not with fuckwits like you not helping out.

Attached: 528499984_smvzj-2100x20000.jpg (2100x1052, 744K)

Retard

I live in a very small town and only have two choices for internet. The one company had plans from 10/1 - 100/10 (down/up) mbps, and the second company only offers up to 25mbps. I obviously went with the first company, it was a little expensive, at the time I was paying $50/month for 25/2mbps. I had the same package/plan for 3 years. After giant Reese cup loving poo in loo Ajit Pai got rid of the net neutrality laws here, my isp changed how their service worked. They no longer offer under 25mbps and the fastest plan goes up to 150/15, this change ended up boosting my speeds for free, as my plan went from 25/2 to 40/3mbps. I'm so happy, it was awesome waking up and seeing your download speed going from maxed out 3mb/s to 5mb/s, its a huge performance increase on my end. At first I thought it was glitched as the plans/speeds on their site didn't change/update, but alas it changed. They also removed the data caps. I went from a metered plan to unmetered. I can't believe he was right, but he was, and removing "net neutrality" really did benefit the consumer, and it made Reddit look like a retard by saying we were going to have website packages and pay to see certain sites and have our internet slowed down, and prices go up, but they were wrong.

Attached: 1561285498749.jpg (700x845, 210K)

That sorta shit used to be super common in the UK new law got bought in last year that makes it so isps can't advertise speeds of up to they have to advertise an average speed so all of the speeds you pay for dropped from every ISP

I my country we have a minimum guaranteed speed. For example I pay for up to 200/20 and the isp can't give me less then 50/5, don't you have laws like that in the US?

€ 39,00 / month
Voip number included, unlimited calls, etc.

Attached: bgbgb.png (521x103, 9K)

I've got interesting results here. This is my 2.4g connection...

Attached: Screenshot_20190623-091416~2.jpg (1070x558, 52K)

And this is my 5ghz connection

I pay for 100/10 and I'm about 50 feet away through two different walls. Shouldn't the 2.4ghz have more throughput in that situation?

Attached: Screenshot_20190623-091512~2.jpg (1080x453, 54K)

Make sure it's actually their fault and not just the shitty wiring in your building.
The cheapest offer that my ISP has, that I pay for, is 20Mbit, but I can only use 8 due to local difficulties that the ISP can't do anything about.

ISPs always have a way to worm out of this.
1) do you have a data cap?
2) is this wired or wireless?

Nigger, 95% of the whole world is still living on sub-10mbs speeds. Average speed in Brazil is just now rising to 10mbs, I'm a lucky retard and live in the rich white south, have gigabit in the office and 300mbs at home.

retards. obviously if he is getting 0.22 out of 300 meg then something is fucking broke somewhere.

you can't sue but you should have your ISP unfuck that. it's not hard to pick up the phone and have them fucking fix it

>absolutely no proof
>no scientific argumen
t. retard

Attached: slmfao.gif (310x211, 1.17M)

Electromagnetic radiation propagates faster at a vacuum than in cables (3*10^8 vs ~2*10^8 m/s). As a result of this and the fact that LEO is much closer to earth than geostationary internet satellites, the Starlink and similar LEO constellations would have much lower latencies than going through fiber optics.

The standard is "80% of the advertised speed", if you're getting below that something is wrong.