Whats are the top brands of laptops in terms of quality and reliability? No Applefags pls

Whats are the top brands of laptops in terms of quality and reliability? No Applefags pls

Attached: u_10181701.jpg (1000x887, 43K)

>inb4 use Google

I just get paid ads as results

Dell, and their XPS 13 lineup. Everyone else is wrong.

I read somewhere that it is lenovo or asus , is it true? or they were just shilling it?

Ive had asus, and while they arent BAD like HP, they arent as good as Dell with their laptops.

Seriously, they stumbled onto the perfect laptop design, and unlike most companies that make laptops, havent fucked with it.

thank you guess im going to avoid Chinese brands, also is true that acer is the worst?

i abuse my cheap 200 dollar asus vivobook and it hasnt died yet. trackpad is a little wonky though

>thank you guess im going to avoid Chinese brands

Well, that and HP. I cannot emphasize enough how shit HP is, they might as well be a chinese brand.

No idea about acer, I always think of them as a knock off asus.

plus, both of them are chinese. asus is taiwan though, so its somewhat better than mainland. still wouldnt choose them over dell.

Depends, some brands have both excellent and dogshit lines under the same umbrella (Lenovo's Thinkpad and Ideapad lines, respectively). That being said, if you have to pick just one brand, I've heard great things about Dell's customer support, and their non-business grade laptops seem to be alright.

bought a Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Extreme, did I dun goofed??

yes, return it.

Acerfag here with an gaymer laptop, and bought a budget laptop for my SO.
Acer ime makes the best bang for your best in terms of price to performance. The build is the best of what you pay for.

Dell is overall bretty gud but I've had problems with chargers that stopped working for no reason more than once
From what I've heard they have some kind of chip on the charger that confirms that it's not a bootleg, but the pin that does this is fragile and breaks easily

I assume its the E15?

Lenovo. Even not including their ThinkPads. The cheap ideapads are pretty solid. I had a trash ideapad G480 that while being slow as fuck due to me cheaping out on specs managed to last me 6 years with no noticeable build quality problems.

why? and get what instead?

Attached: 1549997452677.png (705x985, 469K)

Literally only the green matters

>reviews

Paid ads

>design

Fuck does it matter as long as it doesn't look childish like gayming laptops

>support & warranty

Doesn't exist where i live

>innovation

Dont care about touch screens or how can a screen open up in 360 degrees

>HP
>Snsv
>Best
Yeah, no.

The one I got for me SO is the E15, I also put in a cheap SSD. Bone-easy to do, too.

As for my main I use an older Predator 300

They all are same shit designed by Compal.
Some are just better, some are worse.
For example, I have 2011-ish Packard Bell (Acer) with AMD CPU+GPU, shit still works. Hinges are still good.
My sister had a Lenovo g-series, and hinges had broke the plastique in a couple years. Yet, same design company.

Cause its a spyware laptop made by chinks, get a XPS 13 obv, duh

I got an ASUS gaymen laptop on sale and 6 months later I still haven't got an issue, and the build quality feels pretty good.

Older HP Elite poops are very reliable if they have the Jewtel chipset and Jewtel HD Graphics.

I would only recommend the higer end vsns labtobs because the cheaper ones are prastic cancer that falls apart like George Soros's face.

Attached: You guys got this shit all wrong.jpg (1079x1375, 75K)

Acer has really upped their game over the past 5 years.

For $250US, I have a convertible laptop with Ntrig pen support, 1080p IPS panel and a rigid asf all metal mg-alloy chassis.

I've used exclusively Dell Latitudes for the last 10 years, no idea about Dell's consumer models, but I currently have a latitude 5495, and it's great, the price is not for poorfags though

why HP bad?

i have a 2016/2017 Pavilion 15t and aside from me buying wrong display resolution (1366x768 instead of full HD) i haven't had any issues with it. after some fine tuning it's a pretty solid lil machine

2 slots for DDR4 which I maxed out at 32 GB with some off brand chinkshit, m.2 SATA support, dropped a SSD in, runs like a champ

the last real upgrade i want to do on it is swap the keyboard for a backlit one but i can't find diagrams anywhere on how to remove the keyboard from the chassis. have peered through the manual several times

pic related

Attached: HP-Pavilion-15t-1DR31AV_1-2017.jpg (730x477, 34K)

This shit is driving me up the wall. All I want is a normal looking laptop with thin bezels, an actual keyboard, and a discrete gpu. Don’t care about price, but it’s either some ThinkPad shit or some gamer shit. There’s nothing for normal people.

I've had an Asus G75VW for 7 years and the only problem was the backlit keyboard stopped working after 5 years. It's probably easy to fix but I don't mind that much.
I work for an MSP and see a ton of laptops come through, nice ones and bad ones. The worst ones are HPs and Dells and best are Lenovos and Asus. That said, just put an SSD in a laptop. Even an old one and it will feel like a racecar.

XPS 15? MSI P65?
and what's wrong with getting a ThinkPad X1 Extreme?

The xps line is full of problems

ThinkPad

Not anymore. Those common complaints were fixed 2 generations ago.

Yeah no. I think they soldered the shitty ass killer wifi now and and the build quality is still shit

Some specific models from Toshiba, Panasonic, HP, Dell and Fujitsu.

Which one? Spin 1?

Yeah, got the Pentium/64GB model on special.

It's unfortunate the next upcoming model is all plastic build with a non-laminated screen.

what is a good 200 dollar laptop for boomer mom?

It isn't so much about manufacturer, but about the productline you get.
Thinkpads, Elitebooks, semi-ruggedized Panasonics, Lifebook U-series are all great and you basically have to chose based on your priorities.
Ideapads, Spectre/Pavillion, Lifebook E/A-Series are all worse regarding quality and reliability.

thinkpad
it's not a meme

Still got a working core i3 asus laptop from 10 years ago. Only the battery went bad within a year or 3-4.

Got a 10 year old Asus laptop, running nearly 24/7 and it's doing ok.

Ignore all the retards telling you to avoid chinkshit.
The matebook x is the best light laptop, period.
ASUS makes some good gaymer shit, but they are a bit overpriced.
Thinkpad for all other categories.

Attached: huawei-matebook-x-pro.jpg (970x647, 201K)

No, Jow Forums likes Lenovo for their 10 year old thinkpads, nothing more.

tfw only laptop that can do some gaming but doesn't look like a fucking cheap plastic alien rocket ship kids toy is a Dell.

Attached: morph.png (480x360, 138K)

15GP has been credited to your Gearbest account. Thank you for participating in this programme!

You can't say shit like this without naming a better ultrabook.

Lenovo is OK.

The Ideapad 31x platform (and almost identical from Dell) was pretty good, with easily replaceable parts.

I think these were latest serviceable platforms. New generations are all mimics macs and surface crap

dell xps and workstation.

BOMP

Any manufacturers Business Line
>Yes, even HP

Consumer lines are all hit-or-miss

pshht, elitebooks are fucking beasts

CRRR CRRRRR CRRRRRR

I've been working on/fixing laptops for about 15 years now, and I've learned a few things.
-1: any 700USD+ laptop will last as long as you treat them well, but may have other issues (like lack of upgradeability)
-2: the slimmer/lighter the laptop is, the less it will last.
-3: lenovo makes by far the most serviceable ones, so it's a good idea to get one of those in case you have plans to upgrade or keep it for a while.
-4: brands that generally won't give you shit if you treat them well: MSI, ASUS, Lenovo.
-4: models that won't give you shit even if you don't treat them well: lenovo thinkpad, dell precision.
-6: brands to generally avoid: Acer (cheap build), HP (hell to open and upgrade, a gorillion different models so it's a nightmare to get replacement parts) and Apple (a nightmware to fix, very expensive parts).

Attached: 1537387340868.jpg (667x350, 33K)

Get a cheap 2007. trannypad like 90% of /g.