How do I learn pic related?

How do I learn pic related?

Attached: C.png (800x850, 48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/How-Program-8th-Paul-Deitel-dp-0133976890/dp/0133976890/ref=mt_paperback?_encoding=UTF8&me=&qid=
hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-820.html
youtube.com/watch?v=KJgsSFOSQv0&t
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Attached: shilling-rust.png (357x500, 77K)

you literally posted the answer in your op

Not him but it's not that easy of a book for beginners. I'm not ashamed to admit that it took me a while, but the end of section exercises were good. Maybe something written more recently would have better examples of what 'C that people get paid to write' looks like.

Attached: 2018-07-09_01:59:03.png (546x222, 356K)

Ignore the shill, but read look for links and books into the other posts on that tread.

what a fucking meme

If you're a total noob K. N. King's book is the best thing available, after you've matured read K&R just to get some food for thought, and then do CMU 213

amazon.com/How-Program-8th-Paul-Deitel-dp-0133976890/dp/0133976890/ref=mt_paperback?_encoding=UTF8&me=&qid=

You dont and learn C++ instead

*C#

Is C still in active development?
Why C when C++ exists?

IoT, All things embedded, OS development, driver development, virtualization, a lot of stuff relying on hashing, criptograpy, networking, etc, suckless software (unironically, their philosophy is gaining many adepts lately).
Also many interpreted languages (most shells, Perl, Python, Ruby, Lua, ...) are written in C
Also, C++ is a joke languaje:
hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-820.html
Even if the interview is false, many agree that there is a vast underlying truth.

youtube.com/watch?v=KJgsSFOSQv0&t
its a good start. its small you can already start doing things with it
last update to c was in 2018,

read the book, and other online resources
but learning "go" might be a smarter move
(don't even try c++ it is a steaming pile of garbage even c#/java are better)

That being said the language of C is still relevant as it is being used for many of the micro-controllers and other embedded systems. As well, if you want something to be actually speedy and efficient you will want to write in a lower level language of C as you will if you do any graphics programming or anything that involves high speed and efficient computer cycles such as lower level machine learning and language processing.

Now as to this language being relevant in the job market is an entire matter altogether. There are fewer jobs that require C as a language as many start ups don’t require it and the more established companies have enough programmers already that are very experienced in this language.

Should you study the C language or would that be a waste of your time? Well, that would depend upon how quickly you want to get a job. If you wish to get a job quickly then you would study what is the most in demand languages in your area.

That being said C is still a very relevant language and it will remain so for many years to come as there really are few replacements to it.

C is the one of the easiest to learn, and concise language to use it and due to its tight and embedded coding its prefer the first and most in the vast aspects of technology like, mail sending, DNS, Apache and NGINX web servers, web browsers, etc. There are more uses of C language listed below.

Microsoft windows is written in C and its kernel is almost written in C with some assembly code also. The world's most used operating system, and holds 90% of the market share.
Linux is built using C with some parts in assembly. About 97% of the world's 500 most powerful supercomputers run the Linux kernel.
Mac OS X is mostly written in C with its program and driver are bases on C powered kernel.
Android OS is fully bases on Linux kernel and runs over 80% of the total world's mobile devices.

Get pic related. Will get you to early intermediate C. Depends where you want to go after that. I moved on to 'The Linux Programming Interface' to learn how C is applied to systems programming.

K&R isn't a meme, but it is only worth using as a C tutorial if you are fairly comfortable with programming principles already developed from using another language.

Attached: cmodernapproach.jpg (407x500, 30K)

dilate

*HolyC

1. read K&R. Do the examples. Lear the language basics
2. decide what you want to do with C
3. learn the API required to do what you want.

csharpfag here
my company has a c++ team
i consider learning c++ too
do i need to learn c first?
is k&r book still good despite being a really old book?

no, new c++ is very different than C now, you should learn it directly

*HolyCringe

It was the first programming book I read and I am a much, much better programmer for it. Just keep reading sections until you get it and you will build up steam.