Hackintosh or Linux?

Which is easier to use for non-programmer?

Attached: Linux-vs-mac-featured.png (800x450, 22K)

Mac OS is more user friendly and more efficient than GNU/Linux

Linux I think would be easier because maintaining a Hackintosh can be a involved experience and the linux mainstream distros are pretty easy to use: Pop_OS (if you have a nvidia graphics card) and Ubuntu you like a more phone like experience, Elementary OS is quite Macos like, Mint and Xbuntu for a more windows like experience.

>non-programmer

Srsly neck yourself

Hackintosh since it needs no updates. Let someone configure it once for you and use it.

What? On a typical distro, there will be a symbol in the task bar. Click on it, enter your password and done. How is that hard?

Attached: 1549274892165.png (696x938, 456K)

just use Ubuntu LTS

Hackintosh. It's actually very easy if you set ups your machine to boot via Clover.

Just use Linux. I stopped hackintoshing despite mine working perfectly - The OS just sucks, the programs on it suck, Apple themselves have abandoned the platform is favor of iOS.
It's telling how it's only getting new application now that that Apple has announced a way to port existing iOS applications to macOS.

GNU. Respects your freedom, no chance to get sued by apple, and it won't break if you use a stable distro like Trisquel. Hackintosh is boot and wish for it to still work.

This

macOS. Linux is for nerds.

fagOS is for fags.

>stable
>Trisquel

Xubuntu is still broken out of the box. Especially thunar.

Mactoddlers btfo

What is mv?

And Windows is for pajeets.

Linux

Pajeets use any OS they can.

I've been using a Macbook Pro for the last 4 years. Yesterday I switched back to Windows on a $180 thinkpad I upgraded to 24gb of ram and an i7 and I will never use MacOS again.

No, they love Windows.

Windows 10

Attached: IMG_6930.jpg (399x225, 20K)

Name one good thing about it, prakesh.

If the distro is decent you don't even need to enter a password just for installing updates.

remember user, not everyone can put 2 and 2 together

Attached: 1557800884634.png (960x720, 439K)

Simple-to-use UI
Games
Better application and driver support

>Simple-to-use UI
No it isn't, it is a mess.
>Games
18+ board, kid.
>Better application and driver support
No good package manager, needs hacks to run most CLI software, both AMD and Nvidia graphics drives run better on GNU.

0/3

Not him, but w10 ui is still miles better than Linux shit desktop experience. What about it intimidates you? Fluidity?

You will require skills to successfully hackintosh. If you don't have those skills yet, linux is the place to learn them.

installing hackintosh is big gay

>No good package manager, needs hacks to run most CLI software,
why would a non-programmer care for this shit?
>both AMD and Nvidia graphics drives run better on GNU.
graphics drivers are for linux, not gnu you fucking sperg

depends..
1-open everymac
2-is your pc close enough to something there? y/n
y: do it
n: don't
my samsung np300 is basically a macbook, if I put any config.plist on it it just werks as long as it has fakesmc.kext

fags>nerds

linux will be easier to build than hackintosh.

this, hackintosh only works on particular hardware, linux would work on a toaster.

> Simple-to-use UI
Windows 10 UI is inconsistent as fuck.
It even has two different versions of Control Panel.

Attached: 1552034269185.jpg (1101x800, 228K)

get elementaryOS
same gay ass retard-friedly macOS GUI and none of the stupid hardware-software limitations

I haven't had any problems with it.

Attached: ihaventhadanyproblemswithit.png (1051x543, 90K)

deepin is better

/thread
fagOS is an unusable shitheap

t. Linux fag

First of all installing a hackintosh is way more complicated for n00bies.. also you wouldn't get the same services as legit users.
If you would like to use a different OS than Windows sure, install a linux distribution (Ubuntu is n00b friendly), easy to use, easy to get help from the community.
If you want to play without fucking around use Windows.

Yeah lad, keep posting that image of a bug which was patched almost a decade ago (10.9 was back in 2013-ish, we're almost at 2020. By the way, default behaviour nowadays is just like windows: the system asks for each instance of a file conflict for the user to decide whether to merge, cancel or replace each file.

>applel shills

Attached: 1559686454127.png (800x600, 548K)

The only reason to use macOS is for development.

The only reason to use linux is for development if you cant afford applel hardware and aren't using Swift / iOS C#

The only reason to use wangblows is if you are a manchild gaymer

>hackintosh
>easy

Pick one

t. jeff

Attached: jeff.png (152x180, 69K)

Lol yeah sure, it takes hours to update one friggin security patch while Linux does it in a min or less. Windows update is one of the reasons why I ditched windows 8 years ago.

It's one of the biggest reason why my productivity went down at work because I had to wait for updates to finish but it takes hours to apply three updates. You have 100+ updates? well your whole day is done.

>Open source botnet

A hackintosh is harder than LFS.

macOS > Linux for dev.
Look at Github... 99% of screenshots are from Macs. That means you'll have the least amount of bullshit when trying to get shit working.

I've setup High Sierra to try MacOS and was absolutely devastated how this piece of dogshit OS is unironically used by gazillion people. The UI is literally worse than OG Windows 8, window management is fucking shit, even installing stuff by mounting a fucking image and pulling the gay app icon into the programs folder is fucking shit. The only pro is that the console is nice and stuff like brew exists.

Wiped my SSD and went back to Linux.

hi justin

Please do yourself a favor and change your fucking UI font to Noto Sans or something. Roboto looks like fucking dogshit.

Windows.

I wouldn't be asking this question if you knew the number of exclusive tools for programmers macOS has to offer.

Attached: reeny.webm (387x600, 1.86M)

maybe Hackintosh if you never update?
otherwise something ubuntu will be easier to get working than the kext-patching magic.

you*

I've been using the same installation from 2016 and I update every single without any issue. All you need to do is to make a good EFI folder with the kexts for your system.

It's easier than Ubuntu

> gookposter
> retarded
Checks out.

Your anus is broken out of the box.