I live in an old house with no grounding wires

I live in an old house with no grounding wires.
What's easiest/cheapest way to get ground to my computer? I don't really care that much about my other stuff
My room is next to balcony where I can get a wire out. I'm thinking running a wire out and bury it inside a small garden in the parking lot.
I'd then connect the other end of the wire to a single outlet in my room and use a power strip to connect everything.

Would that be sufficient? Is it a fire hazard?

Attached: 1541830101790.jpg (710x285, 44K)

Technically It's just a wire from behind your wallet that need to be connected to ground with a copper tube.
So you can do whatever you want. From "Turkish" work to Japanese Estate.

Attached: 3c9PspC.jpg (1084x1660, 176K)

Just connect ground with neutral.

If you want a proper grounding you need to beat very long copper/alloy tube into ground till resistance is in ohms. You need proper device to mesure this. Then you connect ground from your house to this tube and everything will be ok or Just connece ground to neutral in outlet.

Grounding a single thing in your house is probably going to cause more problems than it solves.

Fantastic way to catch a lightning strike. Do it.

Is the mains water delivered by a copper wire in the basement? In that case it provides grounding.

>water delivered by wire
Is this some new amazing tech I haven't heard about yet?

Any chance of some sauce on pic 2?

Alexa Grace

sorry I didn't see this thread but someone help me
>there is no ground wire in the breaker box
therefore
t. brainlet

ty my man

use a proper grounding rod. also don't put the earth ground near things that could be struck by lightning (antennas etc) as current can travel back into the house. there shouldn't be any real fire hazard as long as you don't do anything incredibly stupid

also if it's just for your computer I don't really see much of a justification to go through the troubles. if you have some radio communication or sensitive electronic stuff then you could justify it.

This.

You should either ground every device with a metal exterior or ground none of them.

If for example you touch your grounded computer with one hand and your non-grounded stereo with your other hand you risk getting a current right across your heart.

Old tech, wireless water has been around for years bow

Fairly sure "ground" is supposed to connect to neutral, not literally to the earth.

easy

Attached: zjo53tgs8eh01.jpg (720x960, 47K)

I just put a copper rod into the ground and ran a wire to the computer case, screwed it to the screw that holds the PSU to the case.
Mostly did it for audio reasons, so I don't have a humm, not for safety.

Stereos are not grounded. Neither are amps.
For a reason.

>not literally to the earth
Yes it is that is why it is called "ground", it literally means the ground, It's the best place where it can be assumed there is 0V of potential
Some breaker boxes do have both ground and neutral bonded together but there is still connected an actual grounding rod penetrating the earth
If you have a house with no actual grounding rod and they are just connecting ground to a neutral wire then that is a shitty electrician

This t b h. If you can't easily bring the wire to the ground, bring some ground to the wire.

The best solution is usually to attach it to a pipe, understood as metal pipe

>You should either ground every device with a metal exterior or ground none of them.
Do yourself a favor and look up what "double insulation" is and why it's mandatory for some types of devices like AV equipment.

amazing how nature had rain long before we ever even thought about wireless water

Attached: 1531679160122.jpg (985x849, 127K)

Around here they use the gas/water pipes.
A good connection gives you a distributed ground covering several hundred square miles, although with all those ground currents running there's going to be noise.

>Around here they use the gas/water pipes.

Attached: picture[1].jpg (478x850, 22K)

Just plug your computer into a power strip with surge protection you fucking tard. Irregardless, I can assure you that your computer is not worth saving,

There are two ways. Nigger way, and proper way.
Nigger way is to connect neutral to the ground. But. In case neutral breaks on transformer, you will get 110V on case, which is cool.
Proper way is to do everything according to code n shit.

Start digging at the base of your power meter where the conduit is. They all have a bare copper wire that goes to a ground rod. Use a split bolt to attach your ground wire to the bare wire.

explain this pic

This is how you create a ground loop, you retard.

That is a gas powered hot water tank that is grounding through the GAS line

Hire a qualified electrician to do the work. There's a reason you need a license to do shit like this.

that is fucking terrifying

Open an outlet in your room, if it has a metal box with a bare or green wire attached via a screw, the box is grounded. Get a new three prong outlet and attach the ground terminal of the outlet to the metal box. Problem solved. If there is no metal box, grounding to a water pipe is possible as long as there is no PVC in the line.

>if it has a metal box with a bare or green wire attached via a screw, the box is grounded
This doesn't guarantee anything. Stop giving out retarded advice that's going to get someone killed.

Go back to Australia, you nigger.
You don't need license for grounding. You don't need license for anything in US, except gas and HVAC.

No, don't do any of this.
>You don't need license for grounding
You sound like a retard that ends up burning a building down. I'm sure you feel if you scream loud enough, it must prove you know what you're doing. You can do your own work in the US, but it still needs to be inspected.

Where do you think the bare wire goes? 95% of the time, it goes to a grounded source.

Electricity brainlet here, does this actually work? If so, how and why?

No, it doesn't work.

Electricity is what happens when there is a potential difference between two points, an analogy would be how high pressure air tries to go to a place with low pressure.

The ground is the planet itself. Earth is the reference of zero we use to measure said potential difference. on another celestial body, for example Mars, then Mars would be used as the reference of zero, not earth.

Regardless, what is important is a metal rod driven into the earth to provide a direct connection to the planet. The exact depth and materials used depends on your local regulations.

>>does this actually work
>No, it doesn't work.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.

Attached: Screenshot_20190623-235534~02.png (1079x1090, 1.7M)

I've... actually seen that done before.

There was this one building I was called in to figure out what the fuck was going on because the door security was fucked up.

The janitor told a story about general contractors and the original security people hated each other, and refused all drilling requests or the installation of conduits to the 3rd floor because the construction phase was finished. There was literally no ways to get any extra wires for any system before the building was handed over to the owner.

So what did these faggots do? they used spare parts to macgyvered a modem, transmitting RTZ between the 2nd and 1st floor.

And one of these modems finally failed.

Thank you for enlightening me

So on Mars we would stick it into a Mars chocolate bar and be fine. Got it.