Photos app just decided to stop working for me. I've tried another app and same shit...

Photos app just decided to stop working for me. I've tried another app and same shit. It won't let me scroll through images, period, it just won't let me no mater what I do. It works for PNG files and that's it.

I've tried deleting the photos app using the powershell and installing again, and same shit again. I've tried a different photos app, doesn't work. I have no idea what to do besides fucking reinstalling windows at this point.

Has anybody else had this happen to them?

Attached: download.png (158x158, 649)

Other urls found in this thread:

irfanview.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Install Gentoo

moving the photos to a different folder on a different part of the harddrive solves the issue, but here's the thing, it has to be a different location of the harddrive.

If I delete the folder where the photos last were in, make a new one in the same place, put the photos there, it won't let me scroll. But If I make a folder in another folder and put the photos there it works.

what even is this? what is even happening?

>app
or fuck off

Probably missing some dll or something to process the image.
Only problem I've had is memory leaks, if i leave an image open for long enough time it will consume the entire ram, locking user and entering again seem to make it worse.

did you read this is some truly bizarre shit that I don't understand whatsoever. the only thing I've done recently is that I cleared my file explorer history, that's all I can recall.

okay I think I figured it out. Adding exceptions in the indexing options will let me scroll photos, but only if they're in an exempted location.
So I probably just have to

Try Irfanview x64:
irfanview.com/

Microsoft defaults suck donkey dick most of the time

I'm gonna try rebuilding the indexing option.
I have effectively "solved" the issue now, removing folders from the indexing options will let me scroll through photos as I please, tested it multiple times now, excluded an entire drive from the indexing and sure enough any and all locations on that drive will now let me place photos on it and scroll through them.

C:/ drive is still fucked though, since obviously that one needs indexing, so ill just try rebuilding and see if that fixes the issue on that drive.

get jpegview or use a register code to unlock windows photo viewer. Or even better, install windows 7

welp, rebuilding the index didn't fix it, but fuck it, I guess I just don't save images on my windows drive then.

god bless w*ndows

>indians the majority of coders at MS now
>everything is bloated unusuable crap now

ImageGlass

unironically kys
if you think Windows users think ANYTHING of Microsoft, you're dumb. Everyone hates M$

>open a 4MB picture with default Windows app
>picture is displayed blurred for seconds until it loads up
>Fedora Linus default image viewer display it clearly instantly

I can almost guarantee this will fix it for you, issue the powershell command to reinstall the default W10 apps. Not sure which one it is, just google it. Fixed my snip and sketch that broke

I'll kill you instead apologist. go relieve your bowels on the street now so I dont have to smell your poo after rigor mortis sets in.

Winshit 10 is trash. A friend has a problem where opening photos locks up the entire os, like the kernel itself, it needs a hard shutdown.

>"everyone hates M$"
>pajeet
nice try, Rakesh

nice story user, would be nice if it were true

>Photos app just decided to stop working for me. I've tried another app and same shit. It won't let me scroll through images, period
must be that new linux subsystem

Enable the old image viewer, don't use anything UWP

VLC, Onedrive and file Explorer have crashed today, this has never happened. (using Windows 7)

did you except microsoft to make something of qualIty? I mean, who the fuck even leaves their windows 10 install with all that bloat?

>Photos app just decided to stop working for me.
You have been blessed.
Install nomacs and never look back.

??

Attached: Untitled.png (1616x884, 935K)

It's shit. Download IrfanView instead.