What OS do I install on this beast...

What OS do I install on this beast? I'm looking for something lightweight and focused on CLI to run old emulated games and some ocasional programming with Vim.

Attached: aspire one.jpg (400x300, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

damnsmalllinux.org/wiki/installing_to_the_hard_disk.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Light weight
>Focused on CLI
Install Gentoo

And honestly, this thing would still Run Xubuntu or Lubuntu fairly well, even with GUI. What do you think SSDs were made for?

Damn Small Linux and done

Gentoo or Alpine

DSL doesn't install onto a hard drive.

It won't run emulations at all. The graphics are horrid.

OpenBSD sounds like a good choice.

damnsmalllinux.org/wiki/installing_to_the_hard_disk.html

uhh what?

That's where you're wrong.

>Be me (not OP)
>Run Xubuntu with Nestopia UE, ZSNES, Kega Fusion and VICE
Runs comfortably, I'm still able to access the internet and use LibreOffice without lag (or a tolerably small amount of lag, if there ever was) and no issues with emulating older systems. Just beware; it won't emulate N64, Panasonic 3DO or anything Dreamcast or PlayStation.

>Thinking that's a viable and native way of installing DSL
DSL was never meant to be installed on a hard drive.

NetBSD is pretty lightweight, you can try it if OpenBSD isn't lightweight enough.

>Telling someone to try DeadBSD if OtherDeadBSD isn't light enough

Attached: Laughing Duck.gif (400x225, 1.96M)

>alpine
>not glibc and gnu coreutils
he seems to want something that works.

>t. triggered Loonix user

>Butthurt over facts
Why would you recommend a user use a BSD distribution that's been dead before the Acer Aspire One came out? And why would you then recommend another BSD distribution that's dying out due to its bloat and crumbling security model?

>dead
You got any proof of those "facts"? They look very alive to me, hourly commits to the code base, a steadily increasing userbase. They even got a general thread and it's getting more than 200+ replies every day.

Look at market share. NetBSD isn't even used for anything beyond a hobby OS like Haiku at this point. FreeBSD's the most used because it's the most stable of the three major distros.

>distros
You clearly don't know much about *BSD and you certainly never used *BSD in your lifetime, because no *BSD user will ever call a *BSD "distro", so don't talk about something that you don't understand.

>you can't install it to an HDD
>here is how
>n-no

>distro
>only FreeBSD is stable
lmao

>Samefagging
So what do you call each distribution of Berkeley's Software Distribution? They're all distros. :^3

That's the name of the original BSD project, because it gets distributed as a single OS (kernel, shell utilities, bootloader, etc), not because it's a collection of tools from other projects (like the case in Linux distros) every individual BSD is called a "project" and every person that's even remotely familiar with *BSD calls them so.
And no, I'm not the same commenter.

You forget one thing...

Mac OS X isn't called a project. And it's certified UNIX, unlike BSDistros.

>muh certified UNIX
It's a marketing stunt that's made by the open group to harvest money, even Linux-based OSes, which has nothing to do with UNIX apart from copying its style, can be a certified UNIX (like Huawei's Euler OS)
>BSDistros
Insisting on being wrong after being corrected is a sign of childish behaviour, I won't reply further.

>even Linux-based OSes, which has nothing to do with UNIX apart from copying its style, can be a certified UNIX
Name one that has and I'll stop calling BSDistro what it is.

Not him, but he literally gave a name in his comment.

>Implying phone OSes are real OSes
Typical zoomers taking UNIX certification seriously

Attached: mfw1.jpg (299x305, 41K)

I just looked it up and it turned out to be a server OS thats based on CentOS lmao

Absolutely pathetic.

you sound like a zoomer that keeps getting BTFOd ITT

And you sound like a tranny who shills intel products.

>Calling others zoomers without looking up the OS itself and without realizing that Linux is still Linux despite its purpose
I'm a Linux user myself, but I kept laughing at your attempts at trolling the BSD guy while being proven wrong at every comment you made. Looks like summer definitely lowered the quality of this board.

Indeed it has. So has Linux's ability to receive UNIX certification when GNU's not Unix.

TempleOS you glow in the dark spook

Attached: terryadavis.jpg (800x450, 84K)

CIA nigger pls

As what the BSD guy said earlier, UNIX certification is just a marketing stunt to make money by The Open Group. No self-respecting project should take it seriously.
"I'm not wrong, you're a CIA nigger"
Yeah definitely doesn't sound like a zoomer summerfag. Jow Forums is 18+ only, just FYI.

it's the only way to draw realistic looking elephants.

Attached: daddvdvdv.png (653x495, 9K)

Is this the same guy that tries to troll the OpenBSD generals?? As a Linux user I really enjoy reading OpenBSDs generals for the sole purpose of watching the BSD guys make fun of trolls and proving them wrong I wouldn't be visiting them otherwise lmao
The BSD guys are spectacular at BTFOing trolls which is beneficial for the entirety of Jow Forums anyways

just use windows you fucking retard

Unironically arch with a window manager of choice, I'd recommend dwm. Try bspwm if you want more eye candy.

no you just sound like a screeching austist against bsd or a nsa/cia nigger trying to shill your systemd botnet. I'm going with screeching autist now.

To be fair, it's multiple guys who try to troll OpenBSD general. I'm specifically the guy who trolled the Haiku General a couple of days ago. The only post I made was of Mac OS X being certified UNIX and calling BSD BSDistros.