Why was Windows XP so comfy?

Why was Windows XP so comfy?

Attached: windows-xp_900728_full.png.jpg (1024x768, 143K)

>logging into the desktop as a privileged user
why would anyone do this?

It wasn't, it just was your first OS

>nostalgia rose gold tinted iGlasses

/thread

You were a kid Back then, still enjoying life. Now you're old and miserable, it has nothing to do with Windows XP being comfy.

the OS itself wasn't comfy, the years when it was the main OS were comfy

Attached: 1554378849467.png (357x313, 32K)

compatibility and to save 500% on support calls (funny shit: everytime you run steam it grants the user group full control ntfs permissions)

win95 was my first os
xp is still top comf

Attached: _1417289643805.jpg (550x366, 41K)

>had Windows ME from 2000 to 2007

Attached: that cool guy.png (489x499, 212K)

was never comfy or even good. take your zoomer cancer appreciation to another website.

Because it was usable and didn't waste CPU cycles on telemetry

> wastes cpu cycles on adware and spyware
> microsoft realizes they could make OS more secure but replace all foreign malware with their own
> Windows Vista
damn user i think your onto something

>summer
Same.

You don't know what you've lost until it's gone.
Even though it had so many holes, it felt like it was pure and no always-on Cortana and telemetry.

Dude I used ME forever. I was the last of my friends to switch to XP. Looking back that was an autistic choice, I should have converted much sooner.

win98SE was better than both until it started becoming too old to run modern hardware and software. XP was not any more secure and was harder to use.
Windows 7 and Windows 10 have been alright.
I switched to Slackware in about 2003 then kept on linux for myself after that, although I still admin windows computers to this day. For my purposes, XP was just a shitty broken NT 5.1

software gets worse faster than hardware gets better

it was usable because hardware constraints kept the designers from completely going mad

Windows ME was nice. I only switched to XP because the new computer wouldn't run ME.

nostalgia. when it was released everybody shat on the "fisher-price-gui" and the abysmal performance. it took microsoft two service packs to give it the stability of win2k and another one to be what it was promised to be at day 1.