Name 3 reasons why all desktop compouters aren't in this form factor

Name 3 reasons why all desktop compouters aren't in this form factor

Attached: 1072.OptiPlex-790-ultra-small-form-factor-1.jpg (1102x771, 58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

fit-iot.com/web/product/airtop3-build-to-order/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>No room or capability to add a GPU.
>Proprietary PSU topping out at like 150-200W
>Bad cooling

The next size up on the other hand is wonderful.

Attached: A6YC_1_20151102557616339[1].jpg (640x480, 21K)

That one doesn't look like it has enough room for a GPU either.

It can fit dual slot low-profile GPUs

While this means it tops out at 1050 Ti (soon 1650) it's still hundreds of times better than integrated gpu

Attached: d88de64e-6b70-4420-88fe-5d7a18bccad5_1.9a48b348a8a5df7a516f7658cf3a3e04[1].jpg (450x450, 36K)

Most users don't need a GPU
200W is plenty for modern components
Fair enough but better cases could be made with better air flows, add high end fans and it's better than adequate

>Fair enough but better cases could be made with better air flows, add high end fans and it's better than adequate
Well, where are they then?

You'd be better off getting a laptop. It'd probably be a lot more powerful and upgradeable.

Stuck in some brilliant Dell designer's folder that's pending review for the past 10 years

>200W is plenty for modern components
It's not just the wattage but proprietary-ness that's the issue. This means things like only 1 sata power plug or shit like that.

But the question is about the form factor, not proprietary crap

Spacelet
I have enough deskspace for 3 27 inch monitors and my rig on the side.

Proprietary crap is the only thing that exists at that form factor, though.

because this is better in every possible fucking way

Attached: cmstormtrooper.jpg (474x507, 35K)

People like small compact shit you fucking boomer. Fridge sized PC's stopped being cool in the 80's

mATX is truly the based man’s form factor.
Not fuckhuge, yet plenty of hand room for modern PC upgradability, as well as airflow.

It's a shame the form factor is dying. Some manufacturers had some matx chassis in the works and announced they were droppi g them to focus on atx and itx after seeing almost no matx boards at Computex. There was literally only 1 board from Asrock among all the board partners.

Best form factor

Attached: pentium_inside.jpg (1955x1500, 535K)

Because it's useless shit.
If you're gonna go small you go NUC.
If you're gonna go big you go full tower.

Attached: nuc-mini-pc-desk-closeup-16x9.jpg.rendition.intel.web.480.270.jpg (480x270, 17K)

thread

fit-iot.com/web/product/airtop3-build-to-order/

Over price as specialty items, with tech is so simple I've been demanding this for over a decade, even thought of building one.

I have one and finding low profile cards that fit is annoying as height is not the only thing to note, length and width are also limited. (length is just slightly short enough to make many not fit) Also PSU and leads can't supply enough power for higher end GPU set ups even when you find a card the meets the other requirements. There are GPU options out there, but next build I am just getting a bigger case so I have less complications. It could be easy if the industry had slightly better support.

Desk cases, all the room and thermals of a desk while still fitting the hidden sleek look everyone wants because the desk is the case.
Why aren't there more out there?

Heat/airflow, component restrictions, and price.

1. Pain in the ass to access interior parts.
2. Drive quantity much more limited.
3. Video card size limitations.
4. Power supply limited to proprietary model.

Attached: tuckerpede.jpg (408x431, 98K)

Forgot about the bad cooling.
I have an old Optiplex 260 that gets really, REALLY hot inside. The PSU especially. I've never experienced a power supply getting so hot before, almost too hot to touch.

>things like only 1 sata power plug
and measured to the exact length the want, just long enough to reach that one particular drive port.

Don't know where to start.
>left handed mouse
>DVD
>2USB
>rubber dome

None of these apply.

>just 2 3.0 ports
well memed

>3.0 ports
Better off with 2.0.
3.0 can cause sync problems.

I have this one with a 2600 i7 and holy shit I wish it was a regular form factor so I could fit an extra HDD or two in, otherwise its great considering I got it for $60 aud

>proprietary shit

>literally pay more to get a less flexible computer
Get a fucking laptop if space is such a huge issue.

Most people are right handed.

Thanks, Satan