Name a better laptop protip you cant

name a better laptop protip you cant

Attached: xps.jpg (960x398, 28K)

>no RJ45
Cringe.
For me, it's Prestigio SmartBook 141 C2.

>>>/tpg/

X1 Carbon

I'm quite happy with mine. Upgraded with 16GB of ram and a 1TB SSD, it's pretty comfy.

Strange, that doesn't look like a PowerBook, user

>No track point
Checkpoint, DELLusional faggot.

macbook

Too expensive

Wanting to buy one from 2017, its $750, is that too much?

Consider that i live in third world country and market on used items is shit.

Asus Zenbook.
Better build quality and ergonomy, more hardware options, better pricing.

No reason to buy an overpriced XPS thing.

Attached: 1551924637878.jpg (450x800, 401K)

Thinkpad T480
m.2 SSD, sata SSD (or HDD for 10TB of storage), an mx150, 16 hours battery life, mx150 for video editing.

Dell XPS has a 1050 ti and worse battery life, only one slot (unless you go with the midget battery and even then that's like what, 5 hours?) and overall has shittier cooling and build quality

A finally a thread with good taste.
I want to install Arch on it this summer. How does it hold up on this laptop?

P.S I can get a batter life of 10 hours wiht windows 10.
Can Arch give me better?

-screen brightness 47%
-all unnecessary windows bloat turned off.
-only using excel and adobe reader
-no gaming or surfing

Dell Latitude 7424 Rugged
>2 TB NVMe SSD
>BD-RE
>2 RJ45 ports
also
>Native COM port
>FUCKING PCMCIA HOLY SHIT WHAT

Attached: notebook-latitude-14-7424-campaign-hero-504x350-ng.psd.jpg (504x350, 24K)

I have a 2 year old one:

the trackpad is very comfy, it is like a smaller version of macbook's without forcetouch.

Bios issues plagued mine in the first year or two. Shutting down on sleep was the main one, occured over two different bios versions. Turning on randomly was the other one, it would turn itself on in my backpack, heating itself up and destroying its battery. Both solved in the penultimate bios update.

Battery life was good before it fucked itself with bios problems. Now I get 3-4h battery life down from 12-15h. Needs replacement.

Windows 10 is kindof retarded, many forced updates even after doing several tricks to delay. Have linux dual boot and it is more stable but it doesn't have some of the software I use often.

Wifi card weak as fuck in mine, but can be replaced. It was struggling to get a signal amongst a sea of macbooks with way better wifi chips.

Soldered RAM, I run into ram issues weekly, especially around crunch time. Consistently sits at 90% usage at 8 gb.

TB3 is comfy if you need graphics because egpus are bretty gumfy.

Sometimes says the fan has failed upon bootup and beeps really loudly. Go to run hardware diagnostic scan on it and says fan is fine.

SSD is 500R/100W, not 500/500. But is replaceable with max 2x pcie so you are limited to 1800/1800 (newer ones are 4x).

The perfect laptop would be a macbook without the keyboard issues.

Thinkpad T420.

2015 15in rMBP

>Asus Zenbook
>Better build quality

Let me laugh so hard hjahahahahahahhaah

How would one go about setting up an eGPU for this?

>botnet
For me, it's Purism Librem 13

an you fit an additional 2,5 inch ssd?

I just use a surface go

There is a docking station that has Thunderbolt 3. You can try to go with that.
Also there is an optional ExpressCard slot.