When immortality hits in 2060, what will it look like?

When immortality hits in 2060, what will it look like?

Attached: NAMING_ROBOTS2.jpg (2560x1440, 965K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wirth's_law
med.stanford.edu/news/all-news/2015/01/telomere-extension-turns-back-aging-clock-in-cultured-cells.html
youtube.com/watch?v=IFe9wiDfb0E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Very brown.
Or very white, depends on how genetic editing and designer babies pan out.

If you think we're anywhere close to achieving immortality you're retarded

Blacks will extinguish themselves by turning into saiyans and/or narutos.

You won't have the money to afford it anyway

If the Kalergi plan is never stopped, very brown. I'm just wondering if whites will provide a market for tech like Ethnicity Changer(tm) to escape SA style persecution

Pic related, it's one of hundreds, I even went ahead and was generous with the date

I would've added consumer before immortality, because I personally believe the rich already have access to some kind of immortality tech, even if crude. Even so not having the money is my prime motivator for MAKING money in the present

Attached: Udklip.jpg (620x261, 29K)

I looked up the Article, you left out that its talking about Ray Kurzweil.

>Google chief
management always claim bullshit. we will destroy ourselves before we turn cyberpunk.

Very very crowded. Just because you and everyone else can live forever, doesn’t mean the Earth isn’t going to run out of the natural resources we’d all expect to be available to keep living at the same standard. I hope a fucking asteroid nukes us all before we manage to get off the planet as a species.

like this

Attached: untitled.png (1870x1440, 190K)

oww the edge

I just hope I'll be able to live in a virtual world and kill myself in the real one

This. My dream. Especially if it works so your consciousness splits and you die but ur copy lives.

>immortality
i am still waiting for the technology which allows me to legally kill myself in the hospital after writing my will.

This won't move your "point of view" to the cyberspace.
But maybe in the future, we will know how it works if it works at all and move the shit around.

Hopefully it will look like me not having to leave my house at all. Fuck RL and fuck people IRL.

Thanks to the antagonist, Wirth's law:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wirth's_law

>you will never be able to spend 24 hours a day playing 100 different video games while browsing every Jow Forums thread in parallel processing with your digital consciousness

Why even live?

First off, population growth patterns are going to change radically because people aren't inclined to have kids at the 20-40 age anymore, second of all hopefully we've established a moon colony by then.

Not with that attitude gosh

Humanity is divided into 3 species:
1. ordinary humans like you and me.
2. ordinary interplanetary humans,those who can leave Earth behind and live on other planets, still like ordinary humans (own choice).
3. Transhumanist beings, enhanced "humans" who will concentrate the vast majority of power and wealth, since only elites will be able to improve their bodies and minds with technology, maybe achieve immortality The rest of us will stay like in pic-related.
3.1 Interplanetary transhumans: The same ones (even multiple instances of the same individual) but on other planets.

Attached: steve-cutts.jpg (640x344, 117K)

Nope, you're a retard. We're all going to grow old and die. You fell for the immortality meme.

At least once a day I'm unironically lamenting how I'm not a digital entity yet.

Attached: zg7uQ2k.jpg (1920x808, 90K)

Unless we find a way to regenerate our telomeres, like lobsters can, no amount of nanomachones and cybernetic implants are going to let us become immortal.

Attached: gonna be a computer.jpg (900x900, 141K)

UHH SWEATY
med.stanford.edu/news/all-news/2015/01/telomere-extension-turns-back-aging-clock-in-cultured-cells.html

>people aren't inclined to have kids at the 20-40 age anymore
Interesting. Is there enough of a decrease to actually start to reduce the population count?

I would very much like a robotic body in the form of a cute little girl

Attached: 1549934135128.jpg (1475x1996, 258K)

Now watch nothing come from it. At least for the general public that is.

Oh, that's good. Digital being in an cute android body. Sign me up.

Immortality won't happen for another 100+ years.

Nice moving goalpost fallacy

When vat grown bodies pop up we're all going to be Sta- I mean Chads

Like this youtube.com/watch?v=IFe9wiDfb0E

You and I won't have it. It will be reserved for the top .001%.

God, I can totally see something like this coming at some point. Corporate capitalism was a mistake.

This.

crazier things have happened then someone finding out how to stop aging. We still live in this weird world that we have yet to understand.

Cope. Living forever has and always will be fantasy ONLY.

Instead of immortality the high likelihood is that people are going to die sooner from all the unhealthy shit we're doing. If by some unlikely miracle someone stumbles over a immortality treatment it's going to be for ultra-richfags not you. See you on the other side.

That's not immortality. It's just more time. Entropy will erase you no matter what. Immortality is not possible and it never will be as long as we have material existence.

That's not immortality, that's a mobile archive. The analog source is dead.

>and there's NOTHING you can doto stop me
I won't have to, the best that ever will exist inside of a computer from you is just a copy, you will always die.

(You) will die no matter what. A digital copy of (You) might be able to find something like immortality, but (You)r subjective self contained perception of reality has no hope for existing past 120.

Think of all the various ways that the future has been represented in media over the years, all the neat stuff but also all the bad things.

Now, take out all the neat stuff like robots and lasers and ultra 3d printers and mind uploading and basically anything that would redeem life and leave all the shitty things like the extremely controlling governments and the populaces that are drugged and manipulated into nothing other than a workforce
That's it. That's the future.

We'll never be immortal.

Unless we go lobster-mode, that is.

I'm not sure stagnation of the human species will be good for us in the long run

If we do it right, only the top 1% will achieve immortality and the rest will churn until they enter the top 1%. Obviously, I will never make it into the top 1% or have any offspring but that doesn't stop it from being the correct way to go about it.

>tfw never be shapeshifter

Attached: 8072897527.gif (400x380, 491K)

You will still die eventually. Artificial beings might be truly immortal if we find a way for them to exist outside time.

"Culture" it, mind uploads into massive communal mindforms. It avoids the vast majority of issues which arise when you upload the consciousness of a SOCIAL BEING into a singular device. All those disembodied voices need to be able to talk and interact with eachother or else it's just a really fancy prison.

I'm in the top 1% of IQ so that would be cool, but I assume you mean top 1% of being a corrupt, inbred faggot psychopath which is what the real metric will be.

Well reality is often imperfect, but I'm sure it would take into account more than intelligence. They would want socially well-adjusted people too, not a bunch of Teds or Stallmans.

>but I'm sure it would take into account more than intelligence.
>They would want socially well-adjusted people too, not a bunch of Teds or Stallmans.
They actually are socially well-adjusted people, you just don't have the IQ to see it. A society of Uncle Teds and Stallmans would be a fucking utopia. It's a moot point anyways, because it's going to be the elite we got, who are low IQ AND socially maladjusted.

>wanting to be immortal
Y'all niggas tryna stick around this hellscape of an existence and I'm here counting down the hours until I'm free from this mortal coil.

Attached: 1560381213205.jpg (811x879, 70K)

Unless they discover what makes you, you and replicate it.
But that would be a quite terrifying scenario as well, because they can create a prison for the real you that you can't ever escape.

*smashes your existence*
heh nothing personal kid

Attached: broken-computer-processor-on-blur-background-with-hammer-fragments-M3NMM6.jpg (1300x821, 82K)

you may not like it but this is what peak performance looks like

Attached: 1552997763667.png (933x438, 505K)

>this thread

Attached: 1478699266479.jpg (500x381, 44K)

Is that the killdozer?

I'll be immortal in my Isekai world

Attached: virtual reality.jpg (1920x1200, 198K)

Attached: b-w_living-1937-bread-lind-during-louisville-flood.jpg (640x480, 108K)

far left, left, center, right and far right political ideologies all agree that there will be no 2060 for the human race as it is now. I would not get my hopes high for "immortality". I literally am hoping that there will be humans left, I am alive, I have children and they are alive.

pic related is how china creates ecological problems from literally nothing. They are also the only state I would say has a "bright" future.so prepare yourself for some ecological shitstorm long before 2060

Attached: 5ad0ce59146e7126008b481b.jpg (962x640, 139K)

gender norms and religion will still exist so it will basically be an authoritarian neoliberal hellscape

who cares about darkies

People were getting bread during a flood? That's pretty based.

>Deluded fedora tranny still bitching about traditional gender roles and muh religion
Dialate

yes

you realize transgender movement is responsible for perpetuating gender norms, right? otherwise trans could not exist (how could you "transition" without genders?)

Hard to top.

>y'all niggas tryna

Attached: 1544030380923.png (328x408, 48K)

mya-nee, what have they done to you?!

Attached: IMG_20190625_095816.jpg (338x338, 52K)

proving yet again that all ideologies are wrong about almost everything

Why do they have Christian names? Do they worship Jesus Christ, the Machine God?