youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY
>List your uses e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors include purpose & graphics pairing
>NO Speccy or "bottleneck checkers"

CPUs
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming
>R3 2200G - Light 30-60fps gaming(dGPU optional). 2400G if you want a CPU which can last into a GPU upgrade
>R5 2600/X - Good 60fps+ gaming & multithreaded use
>R7 3800/X - High end gaming, launching 7/7
>R9 3900X/3950X - Budget HEDT or gaming+streaming on a single PC, launching in September
>Threadripper - HEDT

>Intel CPUs are now defunct. Even used i7 workstations are no longer worthwhile due to vulnerabilities and related performance regression

RAM
>NEVER use only a single stick
>8GB - very light use, and/or if you don't mind closing programs regularly
>16GB - standard amount. If you have to ask if you need more, you don't
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2800MHz+ is ideal. Check "more" link for true latency formula

Graphics cards
1080p
>RX 570/580 - value.
>1660 - Slightly better perf for more demanding games on high/maxed 60fps+
> 1660Ti / Vega56 - higher framerates
1440p (WQHD)
>used 1070Ti / Vega - 60-120fps+ in most games on high/maxed
>High end models of 2070 like the Strix have been on sale for ~$460
2160p (4k)
>Wait for better priced GPUs. 2080Ti is only 1.85x the performance for 4x the cost of a $300 GPU, and still only does 30fps in many games.

>RX 5700/XT is launching on 7/7. Nvidia Super soon as well. Wait for independent benchmarks if considering a >$300 GPU

Other
>Consider a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & HDD
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard
>PLAN BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING

rentry.co/pcbg-more

Prev

Attached: 6e215732aea7567771dd6b20e907ad585743c8228fa81171a6d68bcd410a16a3.jpg (649x921, 78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/RTbKAxD
pcpartpicker.com/list/cZptP3
rocketjumpninja.com/top-40/
amazon.com/gp/product/B06VVXMJ1S/
amazon.com/SteelSeries-QcK-Cloth-Gaming-Mouse/dp/B000UVRU6G?th=1
youtu.be/4JElrCCPDPA?t=582
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO INTEL BROS

give me all your 5700/xt theories
apparently they fixed the issues blower cards have (noise and heat) so maybe buying one on release might not be that bad an idea

Why not 3600/X? It competes well with 9900K

And RX 5700 is supposed to be within 5% range of RTX 2070, but $100 cheaper.

What games are you most looking forward to playing that your current PC can't play or doesn't do justice?

so do you niggers just have two general lists for the OP and whoever makes the thread first shills their brand in the OP?
is this how it works?

sekiro and monster hunter world

How would gaming on a 4 unit Raspberry pi 4 cluster be? 8?

Cyberpunk 2077

Anyone got sauce to pic?

First time I've seen it.

Dude /pcbg/ is just for shitposting and shilling. If you actually want help on builds, go to Reddit.

Good info. How about PSUs?

>Wait for better priced GPUs. 2080Ti is only 1.85x the performance for 4x the cost of a $300 GPU, and still only does 30fps in many games.
Kill yourself.

Does single channel RAM bottleneck a ryzen 2600? I can't get two sticks of 8 gb and want to know if the difference in games is tolerable,at least until i can buy another one.

It will bottleneck anything, single channel ram is never a good idea.

>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
imgur.com/a/RTbKAxD

Does anyone know when will Navi release in Chile? Or atleast Latin America? Is it the same announced day?

I only have 2 cores, no hyperthreading, so most the games.

Thanks for the feedback. Im trying to get an Intel build because Im suffering from AMD driver error which sometimes just straight up crashing my computer while gaming, and currently somebody is offering me $400 for my 2 yrs old 1600+rx580 pc. On the one hand I don‘t want to miss this opportunity to jump train and start over, but on the other hand even a dummy knows this is a really bad Nvidia year and the rtx series is just bad for value.

Idk.
It seems like the same blower as Vega.
Though the Vega blower wasn't THAT bad so much as the cards were too hot for them. It was the best blower ever made.

So that good blower, but on a lower TDP card, *might* be reasonably fine.

Because if lower FPS is fine, you may as well save more and get a 2600/X.
If you want higher FPS, may as well go higher still and get the 3800X.
>And RX 5700 is supposed to be within 5% range of RTX 2070, but $100 cheaper.
Probably going to need to wait until AIB cards which may not be until August. I've seen good models of 2070 on sale.

single channel RAM potentially "bottlenecks" everything. i/o waits are the worst limitations.

Good chart, also kind of proves the point that unless you're doing content creation, a 32" 4K monitor doesn't make much sense as you need to be within arms length of it.

>whoever makes the thread first shills their brand in the OP?
This is the shill thread. The other one is a well reasoned OP

reddit unironically has more paid shills.

They even have bots which use machine learning to recognize if approved brands are posted in images (ie boxes of Samsung SSD, corsair cases and PSU) and upvote/downvote accordingly.
Have you never noticed how highly upvoted box pictures get on Jow Forumspcmasterrace so long as they are Samsung or Corsair boxes? Yet an actual interesting complete build, with custom watercooling or a customized case, gets less than PICTURES OF BOXES? That's why.

??? CPUs don't have drivers. Chipsets do, but I have never heard of chipset driver errors as they're so basic.

Source on OP image? Artist name is too hard to read.

Attached: 1535152818278.jpg (642x629, 39K)

Attached: Artist-OptionalTypo42.jpg (992x1400, 222K)

>Why not 3600/X? It competes well with 9900K
It barely competes with 9600k dumbass

INCELS BTFO

Attached: AMD-Ryzen-5-3600-X470-Tests-2.jpg (719x379, 96K)

There's a guy in my area selling a used 1080ti for around $450
What questions should I be asking him before buying it? He says it hasn't been used for mining but how bad would it be if it he was lying?

It was the gpu driver that causes problems. The ryzen 1600 serves me good, and I‘ve no problem waiting for a bit to build my next PC based on the upcoming ryzen series, but currently my XFX rx580 suffers from two problems - Bad heat vent and driver issues. There are workaround for the issues if you browse and work on it a bit but still, its my first amd gpu and the occasional crash and driver glitches does not made a good impression.

cope more

Attached: AMDRyzen53600X470Tests8.jpg (719x568, 152K)

>1600 is fine
>I want to downgrade to the 9400 and overpay for it arbitrarily
?? Am I missing something?

Burned out capacitors + poor thermal management = burned out pcb

look at the RAM they used, poocel

Is there a reason to include a HDD in my build if I only expect non-gaming items to take up at most 250GB?
I have a 1TB NVME SSD lined up already. But if I got an SSD instead of the HDD, would it make sense to put the OS on that or on the NVME?

Recommendations for 1-2TB SSDs welcome.

Maybe he wants to upgrade to 9900K and mistyped 9400. If such were the case that would make sense.

>flarex 3200
what now poojeet?

Any killer deals yet on a 2700x?

So, what's the most future proof monitor, considering that not even a $1k GPU can handle some games at these specs: 28" 1440p144 or 40" 4K60? How's a 40" as a computer monitor?

27 1440 144

I want a as cheap as possible pc to host some game servers like minecraft and factorio 18/7.
I was thinking a ryzen 2200 build, but at €200 for all I need I'm thinking there's an even cheaper(power draw as well) alternative. Please advise, user.

Have a HD 5850 1GB that's dying, I can get a cheap R7 360 2GB, having Vulkan and DX12 will be nice but will it have worse preformance since it's a lower end card?

>R7 360 2GB
literal garbage. get at least an rx 570.

Poorfag, sorry. The R7 is $5 from a classmate.

I hope Intel slashes prices even more. Zen2 might seriously rip Intel a new asshole.

>First time I've seen it.
Thanks. You've been most helpful

>Heh. Silly gamers. Buy my processors.
>Okay, okay, you made your point. Now buy my processors!
>Alright, I slashed my prices now. Can you buy my processor now? (WE ARE HERE)
>No! I-I mean... Ahem. We love you here! So we slashed our prices more! Please buy our processors!
>It's fine. Really. Go buy their processors, see how I care.
>PLEASE user WHY WON'T YOU BUY OUR PROCESSORS! WE SLASHED PRICES SO THAT YOU CAN AFFORD THEM OHOHOHO... :(
>We... we were the kings! Intel inside, remember?
>...
>Hey, we're the budget processor now!

dayum

Intel doesn't care anymore. That's why it's rehash after rehash. They're cutting their loses and moving into other markets laptop/gpu/server. That's why they made a deal with Samsung.
You won't see much from intel for awhile.

An Athlon 200GE?

The 5850 is about 50% more powerful

I don't think you're reading his chart right. It basically says that pixel density sucks on all monitors except small 4K screens. Best monitor to buy now is a 27" 1440p 144Hz Freesync2 monitor

>Intel slashes prices
Hasn't happened yet. i7 is still more expensive than historical prices, though with slightly more resources now

>they made a deal with Samsung.
Fake news, if you're talking about using Samsung's fabs

>ake news, if you're talking about using Samsung's fab
How is it fake news? Intel has been having CPU shortages since last year. You think they don't need more fans?

It was pretty smart when intel bribed oems to subtly sabotage amd laptops with it

How long do you carry forward your power supplies? My 650 Watt psu has been chugging along faithfully for about six years now. If you were me, and you planned to build a new PC when the new CPUs drop, would you consider bringing that part forward?

Intel certainly does need more production capacity, but it's a point of pride or something for Intel to use only its own fabs

In the next 2 weeks I will be building a new music studio with 3 friends, there is (plus or minus) a £2000 budget for a DAW based workstation. This obviously lines up nicely with the release of the Ryzen 3900x, and while I would love to get the 3950x - I cannot afford to wait until September. The most prolific setup in the audio community is the Intel 9900K, but with the advent of these new chips it is easily feasible to build AMD for far better performance (we will see in a month or so).

One of the biggest reasons for going AMD was when an user pointed out that a 9900K is the most powerful that will probably be created for its mobo type, ergo - getting one now would probably be a bad idea if upgrading in the future was on the cards - which it is, in a few years. If AMD can show itself to be good in a DAW environment then its a no brainer.

I have priced up a build for around 2000$, with no motherboard. I was wondering if anyone has information on what X570 (right?) motherboards will support the 3 m.2 NVMe SSDs.
The GPU was chosen purely based on having 3 DisplayPort outlets, it will be running 3 monitors, nothing fancy - just program interfaces, some of which are quite graphical but nothing like gaming.
The RAM is the only 2x16 DDR4 3733 available on the website.
The SSD's are necessary.

pcpartpicker.com/list/cZptP3

If anyone has any suggestions on how to maximise performance without increasing the price *too* much I would love to hear them.

Is 32GB ram with the same timings slower in any way compared to 16?

>built 2700x/R7 rig
>don't even come close to maxing it at 1440p with the trash I play
>still want a 3950x and an x570 board
I have a disease.

>Getting outperformed by a chip with vastly slower RAM
>this is a good thing
cope indeed

Buying a 9900k in 2019 is like buying a 9590 in 2013. NOT a good choice, either. Just an overpriced housefire.

I've gathered a lot of people are like that. Upgrading hardware is fun, but there's not enough demanding enough.
I really don't need to upgrade my 1600X either as it runs everything fine. But if I get a 3900X, it'll probably be the last CPU I need for close to 10 years if not more. But even if I do buy the 3900X... I'll probably want to upgrade in 2-3 years again anyway just because.

Yep. It's not necessary, though you do notice the performance boosts. I just like never having to worry about not being able to play something since I was broke for so long and couldn't play a bunch of games my friends did.

you'd need to wait for independent reviews showing how the new zen2 chips do with the programs you use.
It SHOULD be the best, not just due the higher IPC, better perf/watt, and better price, but also because the audio device is directly on the SoC. But idk, there could be something unforeseen.
>pcpartpicker.com/list/cZptP3
Why would you use 3x 970 nvmemes AND you have a HDD? You really shouldn't need more than 256GB to use as a scratch disk for audio production, as far as I'm aware. Or hell, even 128GB. Even uncompressed audio isn't that large.
Get a 256GB NVMeme for scratch disk, a 2TB main drive MX300 or SU800 or something like that, and get a 4TB QLC drive like the QVO 960 or 660p.
Why do you need a 2060 for audio production? And a shitty model of one?

Yeah but even when maxed out, AMD CPUs still run smoothly unlike Intel ones that start hitching.

will the X470 motherboards support the fast RAM that Zen 2 apparently needs?

Attached: 1507696578195.gif (720x405, 1.64M)

I think if the listed timings are the same, it should be the same. But if you have 4 x 8 it will be slower than 2 x 16.
But don't quote me on that

assuming the 2060 super has similar stats to 2070, whats a good cpu to pair with it? is 8 cores necessary or will a 2600x work? I heard some guy on YT say that 8 cores is "future proofing"

how many ram-channels do you have? match it up, it'll go fast. 2x16 > 4x8 for almost all desktop boards

Why does every case seem inferior to my corsair 400r? I was going to replace it on my next build, but I can't find a worthy successor.

oof the pcie 4.0 nvmes will be $300 for 1tb, $499 2tb

>I heard some guy on YT say that 8 cores is "future proofing"
He's right

do you think 3200/C14 RAM will go up in price with zen2 launch? I'm temped to buy now, prices seem silly low

>Yeah but even when maxed out, AMD CPUs still run smoothly unlike Intel ones that start hitching.
Blatant fanboism

>Buying a 9900k in 2019 is like buying a 9590 in 2013.
Holy shit, back with this retarded line of reasoning. DIdn't you get BTFO'd enough last time? The FX 9590 had a TDP of 220W at stock and still lost to Intel's i7s in gaming. The 9900K is currently the king of gaming CPUs at a stock TDP of 95W
Blatant retarded shilling.
>"thing i don't like is liek bad thing"

32GB has more capacity? I don't get your question

I would check for reviews of the specific software you're using before you buy any hardware for it

Is it worth spending double for 2 nanoseconds?

>you'd need to wait for independent reviews showing how the new zen2 chips do with the programs you use.
100% thats why i say we'll see in a month or so

>but also because the audio device is directly on the SoC. But idk, there could be something unforeseen.
We use external audio thats not a problem, we just require blistering speeds, absolute minimum bottlenecks and the potential for an upgrade path in the (probably distant) future.
>Why would you use 3x 970 nvmemes AND you have a HDD?
Different drives dedicated to different sources, another for DAW and OS, one of those should be 500gb (for Pro Tools, Ableton, OS,). The project files get pretty large - 32bit audio files 30 minutes long really add up, and I mean - you could have a band record 15 times (if they suck) and then I would want to keep all the stems and stuff (i'm a bit of an audio hoarder I already have 2TB of audio that will go onto the HDD before it is distributed across the SSD's). The HDD is basically just "extra storage" for anything that may come about, 50$ is nothing - as long as it all works.
Working with ASIO, the data transfer becomes the biggest bottleneck in performance, its unlikely any DAW is capable of utilising the full potential of these insane new CPU's because the audio buffer packets are capped but the memory speeds anyways - that is the reason for the NVMemes - maybe it is overkill.... but its OK we can afford it for minimal bottlenecking. I'm not going to pretend to be super clued up on how digital audio is limited or whatever by PC's but I do have a working knowledge.

The most un-negotiable element would be the SSD's unless you can provide something faster for a similar price point.

>Why do you need a 2060 for audio production? And a shitty model of one?
It was just the cheapest one that had 3 DisplayPorts. I currently use a 1060 and sometimes it has issues across multiple screens when there is *a lot* going on so i guess i wanted better than that.

Im asking since I don't know if it's a motherboard thing or memory controller thing as to why Zen+ can't support high speeds

It's a good case. Airflow, space and cable management. Unless you want rice or go ultra quiet, there isn't really a reason to get something else.

Are you the same audio workstation user that posted in /pcbg/ a while back?

which x470 or b450 motherboard has two m.2 slots with full pcie 3.0 bandwith?

Is there a link for periferals?

I want to buy a new mouse and mat as I've been playing CSGO quite a lot for the last 6 months. Currently I'm using wherever mouse comes with Microsoft Wired Desktop 800 and a random Dell mousepad.

The length of my hands is 19-20cm (~7.5 inches) and from what I read online this Microsoft mouse is too small for me (less than 5 inches) as I can both rest the bottom of my palm and the tip of my fingers on the mat at the same time.

Budget:

I hope the 2700x drops more in price. I picked up a Asus crosshair vii for $200. Fucking steal on that one.

G305 or Zowie FK
I have the same size hands and use claw grip

Just drop a Z2 in the x470.

So, is there any chance that someone does 1950x vs 3950x benchmarks?

The $400 1950x over at Micro Center looks awfully tempting. With X570 boards costing what they do, TR4 is not even that much more in terms of entire platform cost.

Maybe... I've seen a few and i've posted before...

Attached: mfw.png (650x844, 291K)

G305 an end game mouse for FPS, wireless is really that good. But it might be small for you, for what it's worth I have slightly larger hands and I used to only use medium-large mice but I like the G305.
Look at this autist's list for suggestions rocketjumpninja.com/top-40/

amazon.com/gp/product/B06VVXMJ1S/
I use the G602 for the same size hands

Thank you my dudes.
May you get lots of frags.

Counterpoint:
amazon.com/SteelSeries-QcK-Cloth-Gaming-Mouse/dp/B000UVRU6G?th=1
Also yes, don't be a wristfag, use your arm. Your whole arm should rest on the table.

In one of buildzoid videos he said that outside of some shit boards like the x470 ultra gaming from gigabyte all of the x470 boards can do high memory oc and it was limited by zen+ rather than the mobo, i will see if i can find the video.

youtu.be/4JElrCCPDPA?t=582

oh sweet, thanks for this user
I remember hearing something similar in that the memory controller was the big factor rather than the mobo but I just wanted to make sure before I get an X470

Bros help me out, my PC is a fucking dinosaur and I'm sick of it, I want to upgrade the CPU+Mobo+Ram for the time being, and upgrade the GPU later. I'm not looking for something amazing, even something budget oriented would be a massive upgrade for me. I'd like to keep it under $300, and I was looking at the Ryzen 2600X (currently $180 on sale if I am not mistaken).

I have some questions though as I am out of the loop with hardware. I see the Ryzen 3000 series is coming soon, worth waiting for, or should I get the 2600x? Any other CPU recommendations? And lastly, is 8G of ram still enough for playing video games, or is 16G the norm now?

Why are new amd cpu so bad?

ryzen 3000 is coming in a week and a half, the 3600 (faster than 2600x by a significant amount) will be $199. you can also get a good set of 16gb ram for $60 now since prices are no longer being fixed

2600 or 1600x?

Yeah I remember ram being insane last time I looked, I'll just go for the 16g then and wait for ryzen 3000, thank you user.

Oh and why the fuck did you chose and ancient case with tons of 3.5" bays when, in all likely hood, you wouldn't use 3.5" drives at all?

>it has issues across multiple screens when there is *a lot* going on
Are you sure that's not simply the issue with Nvidia cards not being able to handle monitors with mismatched refresh rate, or are all 3 monitors the same refresh rate?

Even the iGPU on the $50 200GE can handle 4x 4k@60 monitors.

>So, is there any chance that someone does 1950x vs 3950x benchmarks?
I think it's likely. Or at least compared to the 2950X.

3600 looks to generally be faster than the 2700X, let alone the 2600X. It looks to generally only be 4-10% slower than the 9900k, and that's with PBO enabled and on pre-launch microcode.
But if you want cheaper, get the 2600.

Oh. Do I need to wait for sunny cove?

I’m assuming you’re on a budget since you’re asking this question and that the 3000s are coming out soon
1600x

Sunny Cope*

Attached: JUST WAIT.jpg (680x765, 61K)

>Oh and why the fuck did you chose and ancient case with tons of 3.5" bays when, in all likely hood, you wouldn't use 3.5" drives at all?
I don't know I just know that Fractal cases often house machine that are pre-built with low noise in mind.
What case would you suggest that would fit the components I am suggesting? (X570, 3900x, 850 watt power supply).

>or are all 3 monitors the same refresh rate?
Just two of the same screen. A friend built me this machine 4/5 years ago, it is absolutely haggard lol so it could well just be a dying GPU. Again, however I am not adverse to having a good GPU, just because why the fuck not, as long as it is around the budget of £2000 (2550$).
When one screen contains all my analysers and meters etc and the other the project, it adds to the strain a bit when the project is already taxing a bit. If i'm looking to use Nectar/Insight or whatever programs get released in the next few years (auto mixing and visualisations are really getting bigger) then I want the peace of mind knowing i'll be set for the future.
I don't know anything about GPU's or monitors but I have no problem spending decent money on decent parts.

I was posting looking for ways to improve the performance of the machine already, not to save money, and for advise of matching a X570 board with 3x m.2 support.

Maybe I should add that I have recently dealt with the issues that come from 5 years of terrible file saving and then having to deal with the process of sorting through thousands of audio samples in attempts to both organise my PC and to save space. These are not mistakes I will be making again, everything will be organised into individual drives and then backed up individually periodically, hence the different m.2's. I know its retarded, but that's whats happening.

So eager for any benchmarks, how long after release of CPU's does it typically take for people to test them and publish it?

Attached: itsnotmyfault.jpg (224x224, 7K)

Can get a 9900k in a combo for 50$ more than an 9700k with same pieces. Is it worth it?

>inb4 poozen

buy it by all means, you can cry later once you realise that the lowest end Ryzen 3000 SKU trades blows with it, as well as using a gimped BIOS they could not overclock with.