Other urls found in this thread:

gameprogrammingpatterns.com/contents.html
youtu.be/deawLw7zGiw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

write it

int main(int argc, char* argv[]){
// Ultima-like code here
}

You're so braindead you couldn't even make pong.

learn C
???
profit

Grab Ultima I for Apple II.
The files have a basic wrapper and it's easy to view the C and ASM.

Google these keywords and you'll find instructions.

1) Learn ncurses
2) Write your game design document
3) ????
4) GAME!!!

>how do i make a Ultima like game in C?
SDL 2

glhf
gameprogrammingpatterns.com/contents.html

I will upload the source code for my game soon enough, I'll post it here when I do

youtu.be/deawLw7zGiw

Wow nice

Ultima is the most based video game series and superior to Jap RPGs, basically as time went on the Japs just copied each Ultima and inserted Talmudic and Shinto elements.

lultima
like-ultima

jap aesthetic is based though

Attached: 1561224973100.gif (480x480, 2.04M)

looking at that screenshot just blitz some sprites to the screen and your set

I have never played Ultima before, but I would assume it's some kind of large RPG. I would recommend deciding the scope of what you want to make, how long the game will be, how big the game world will be, whether it'll be open world, sort of open world, sort of linear, or completely linear, etc. Just be careful about scope. If you dream up a game too huge for you to make, you'll feel like you're never getting closer to your goal and eventually lose steam. Think of something you can actually make, and try to think of how long it'll take. Then, take your length estimate, and double or triple it just in case, depending on how optimistic or pessimistic you are.
Then, find a toolset that helps you accomplish what you want to do. I used to use a C library called allegro to make games. Now I use something called Raylib. It's all up to you.
Then, ask yourself what your favorite part of what you want to make is. Do you love world building and making environments? Do you love dreaming up wild, creative stories? Are you crafty with creative art or music? Are you just a really good C programmer capable of making cool stuff? Find a way to build the game around what you're good at, whether it means building a game great for showing off your cool environments, or that gels well with your immersive soundtrack, or one that shows off and makes use of a cool mechanic that took lots of complex programming work for you to implement. Play to your strengths and work around your weaknesses, and you'll not only have fun making the game, but you'll end up with a decent end product.

Have fun!

maybe first learn to make a gif

very carefully
segmentation fault

I preferred the characters in Ultima VI and VII to any Japanese RPG out at the time.

#include
put some variables into memory and change them around to make the player and enemies do stuff.
blit images onto the screen to show the player the game state.

If you need to ask then use an easier language for it since it won't need C performance.

This is helpful advice. I hope OP sees it.

how do i make a game like rimworld, do i need a lot of expereincie. whats a good starting point.

>your waifu will never do that to your testicles

It is tiles, not sprites. On c64 the tiles were made from characters.

>talmudic elements
Oh the irony.