Locks/lockpicking thread

Locks are technology, right? Time for a locks and lockpicking thread.

Newfag guide: dropbox.com/s/y39ix9u9qpqffct/Lockpicking Detail Overkill.pdf?dl=0

Attached: lockpicking captioned.jpg (2560x2560, 3.07M)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/lockpicking/wiki/generalwiki
twitter.com/AnonBabble

the only lockpick you'll ever need

Attached: 1556066585866.jpg (1200x1200, 101K)

>The virgin lock picker
>The Chad latch slipper

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (1200x1200, 96K)

Greentext the most interesting/exciting example of you using your lockpick skills IRL. If it's just some practice tumbler bullshit, I will be giving this hobby a hard pass.

What's the basedboy obscession with picking?
Are you a fucking ninja stealing people's shit or what?

Last time I had problems with a lock a hardened drill did the job.

I just do it for fun. It's like playing chess but with the only enemy being the lock

I need to learn for my new job

what learning is best and what kit do i need to hack most things?

There is a such thing as the lock sporting community which picks locks for the fun and challenge of it

I am happy that Tyrone is learning good technical skills to help society, based.

This is unironically a good source:
reddit.com/r/lockpicking/wiki/generalwiki

so

a puzzle

Skipping over an escape room by picking the combo lock style masterlocks

unironically did this, it wasnt a masterlock tho but an unnamed chink combo lock with more space between the wheels than a rostie between the legs, i manged to put a fucking steel nail file in it and i popped open like nothing. my friends were a bit pissed.

>landlord leases bedrooms severally, as opposed to jointly
>4 bedroom apartment has 1 door locked, because only 3 residents
>Pick lock
>Free bedroom to sublease

What's an escape room?

Some kind of high-level roleplaying game where you have someone to lock you inside a closed space and try to escape from there. For masochists

First, get a acrylic practice lock so you can fully understand the mechanisms, these are fucking simple and now I can pick nearly all of them in under 10 seconds, some faster than using the real key.
if you want to splurge get a good one with a removable core so you can repin and practice on various security pins, its far easier to learn about what you are feeling when you can also see what you are doing, some security pins are a nightmare and if its been re pinned then there is a good chance it's 'unpickable'

from here, buy a bulk lot of locks on ebay that don't have keys, generally fairly cheap, you get a lot of locks, and most of the time they aren't fucked so they make good practice.

look up documentation on locks and what you can do, most professional picking is things like front doors, and other areas where you don't want to damage the lock or surrounding area, and or, they don't want to have to rebuy things that may cost more then you picking the lock.

only good when you don't give a fuck. criminally, this makes a distinct noise and alerts people to it, where as if you picked the lock for a few seconds/minutes you may be able to get in and out without anyone knowing for weeks/months.

this works when people don't have a proper door setup.

an irl puzzle game, like myst and the like, where you look around a room for clues, usually with a setting that has you need to escape in their allotted time, much of the time focussed on horror setting as its the easiest to have a strict time limit.

They can be fun if you want to solve a puzzle, many of them just have room costs and no per person cost, so a it can easily be a fun group activity, so long as you don't have someone who is completely retarded ruining it the whole time,

That is the best way to put it. when done legally it's a puzzle you can get paid for solving.

Ez how to pick locks guide (works on like 50% of locks)

1. Jam a city rake into the lock
2. Jam tension bar into the lock
3. Vigorously wiggle/scrub the rake around while applying pressure with the tension bar
4. ????
5. Profit

Attached: expert candy girl.png (600x338, 320K)

I followed the R*ddit guide too and have the same setup. Based setup though

Isn't it illegal to have a lock picking tools?

Being able to get back into an area behind a keyless lock NON-destructively, for one. Also knowing what can be defeated and what will pose an actual defense to an unskilled rake attack by some dweeb with a Bobby pin. And because lockpicking is fun.

>Be in theater club storage room
>We found a cash safe box no one knew about
>It's a sigle side wafer lock so I could rake it since I have a small pocket kit
>Ask the club president of she want me to pick it
>She say yes
>I left the pocket kit's tensioner at home to play with it so I have to make a shitty one with a paper clip
>I struggle a bit since the tensioner give me zero feedback and take too much room
>finally got the lock with an half diamond
>inside there is 3€ and a key
>No one knows what the key is for

just use a rock and some cloth

Depends on your location.

Legal in most of the US I believe. Illegal in Japan unless you are a locksmith.

I'm observing this thread

Attached: i_want_to.png (211x239, 6K)

are keypads (or electronic locks in general) can't be picked with generic tools? do one need a purpose built solution for every locks like this?

Attached: Keypad-Cabinet-Lock-Keypad-Locker-Lock-Digital-Lock-for-Cabinet.jpg_640x640.jpg (640x640, 58K)

>skipping an experience you paid for
genius.