Jow Forums is all about being secure, right? Well...

Jow Forums is all about being secure, right? Well, how do you secure the door to your room that contains all your goodies?

Attached: 71fzRUqeYoL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1499, 111K)

Other urls found in this thread:

housebeautiful.com/uk/lifestyle/a27402387/guard-dogs-burglar-deterrent/
youtube.com/watch?v=jKSjST0ujwY
amazon.com/dp/B00IDVNAT6/
youtube.com/watch?v=ET9SNXpeORY
youtube.com/watch?v=7JlgKCUqzA0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

By not living in a neighborhood with niggers

Increased security only encourage an higher tier of thief to target you. The best thing you can do is just leave all your valuables in plain sight and be extremely lax on security.

Sounds like something a thief would say to make their jobs easier.

Attached: 1550517279160.jpg (526x721, 36K)

Abloy Locks.

I have a simple door lock but I only lock it to keep bears out

A lock

>Anti-peep touchscreen
It should also rearrange the numbers to new positions on their grid every time you input the passcode.

i've been using this for about 5 years now.
no problems at all.
can unlock it with a 6dig pin under 2 seconds - faster than all key lock system.
can change the code within a minute.

i want to upgrade it soon tho, maybe something with an auto-unlock via blue booth or something.

Attached: download.jpg (318x159, 5K)

Based

I drive a moped. Do any security engineers recommend me to put a GPS located sticker on it to deter thiefs?

Attached: Fag mobile.jpg (300x300, 9K)

mopederast

This is unironically same the logic used by idiots regarding open borders and terrorism.

>I drive a moped
You should just end it.

First of all, by not using a lock for which I leave the key on everything I touch

fpbp

>Battery
Fuck off faggot

If you really want security you upgrade to what the euros/asians use: the multi-deadbolt mortise lock. Although you really don't need it in the US unless

Attached: .jpg (352x420, 14K)

Because you can bet your ass that the first thing that breaks on your door will be the puny single deadbolt

Attached: .jpg (636x420, 27K)

A dog is unironically the vest security guard you could have. housebeautiful.com/uk/lifestyle/a27402387/guard-dogs-burglar-deterrent/

American houses are literally made out of cardboard, deadbolts don't do shit when the walls break with a ram

Also see: youtube.com/watch?v=jKSjST0ujwY

what a crash video.
"quietly in seconds"
i reckon the sound of your door slamming open wouldn't be quiet

>moped
Kys fatass

I guess the proper term is motorized scooter but I always thought that was dumb

Attached: Untitled.jpg (333x250, 12K)

>2" thick windowless solid wooden door.
>Door latch
>Dead bolt
>Smith and Wesson Bodyguard with frangible rounds

When it comes to security, simplicity is best.

Oh, also forgot that I replaced the screws on the hinge with 6" anchor screws.

>hidden backup key
that shit doesn't sound secure in the slightest.

Those gimmicks like bluetooth probably make it easy to open. Also what happens when the 1-year battery dies? Does it lock you inside or unlock itself for everyone to rob you ?

Nobody want's to steal a moped. It's every bit as effective a thief repellant as it is a pussy repellant.

>it's quiet but we won't let you hear it :^)
They do it on purpose to bait for replies, right?

just change the battle.
it takes 2 AA's

also on the outside of the lock, here is a 9v battery port if the power ever ran out.

but if all else fails i keep a key to a back door hidden in the yard.

One of these with Ultra-Lok Security screws would either stop them, or literally tear the house apart. You can't push in the frame of a house "quietly."

Attached: security latch.jpg (1000x617, 60K)

>amazon.com/dp/B00IDVNAT6/
If you're feeling up for it, you can even add in a wifi module so that you Alexa/Google can unlock it when you speak to it.

Attached: a.jpg (500x500, 44K)

I would rather piss glass than have a smart speaker in my house.

You'd speak to your phone dumbass.

Attached: 58382.jpg (640x415, 19K)

I'd rather piss glass than use any assistant in a phone.

By placing the desk against the door, after all I'm a NEET so I never have to leave the house

Why do americans use wooden doors on their main entrances?

I've always had iron/steel security doors as the main entrance door here. Heck a lot of people opt for two security doors.
Sometimes the lock is so good on them that they literally have to cut the door down when the owner looses a key and the locksmith can't open them.

>battery randomly dies
>can't get into your own house
Why not just have it charge when the door is shut though the striker?
Fuck tarded design

Have fun doing that with steel doors in brick houses.

Burgers live in cardboard houses and the doors are made of the same material.

Here in central asia some people have 2 doors.
One of the doors is made from massive metal the other is a traditional one made from wood.

If they manage break through one they will have to break through another one immediatly after.

Attached: giphy[1].gif (417x445, 995K)

I agree with you but stop writing like a brain dead nigger and use some form of autocorrect.

youtube.com/watch?v=ET9SNXpeORY

>Oops! You have been banned from using your Door™ because you violated our Terms of Service.

No it's called an eggman scooter

>Due to your antisemitic remarks your door has been unlocked to the peoples of diversity.

By a regular abloy lock. I don't have anything valuable enough to pay for an upgrade. And the risk doesn't necessitate it IMO.

why not go thought the wall?

It all comes down to physical security.
I'm in a leftist area of a leftist city in a leftist country, but I've got six guns. Frankly, I wish a nigga would.

>he think people just randomly break into homes unknowingly
Chances are, niggers are literally watching your house daily waiting for the chance that you leave.

by living in a majority white area

Deadbolts generally don't break, its the frame on the door that goes. I used to work for a company that sold bash plates and reinforcing for door frames among other shit.
The best thing to do to reinforce a door isn't a more expensive lock, its a bash plate on the door frame that the lock sets into.

>Well, how do you secure the door to your room that contains all your goodies?
by being a minimalist and not having anything worth stealing

I live in a White neighborhood

Such a satisfying lock.

Can anybody purchase one of those? Or do you need to be a company/org

Yeah, they're the standard on every house in Finland.

Where the fuck do you live that you need such security? I once left my front door open, literally swung open, when I went to work. 8 hours later I get home and nothing bad happened. If some faggot decided to break into my house, they'd go through the window, not the inch and a half thick solid wood door and dead bolt. I'd hear them break the glass, and drill a few 9mm wide holes through them. But this will never happen because I don't live in Chicago, or whatever shithole you come from.

>Well, how do you secure the door to your room that contains all your goodies?

Never leaving?

mopeds will be dead in 10 years, electric motorcycles and bicycles will kill that market. 1500watt and greater pedal bicycles are starting to come down in price. Buying a 50cc moped new in this age is insane.

5-10kw electric motorcycles are around middle range dirtbike prices now, the biggest factor is battery capacity rather than motor/controller performance.

Another decade and 50cc mopeds are done imo.

>the biggest factor is battery capacity rather than motor/controller performance.

I actually dont even think that is true, i think the issue is cost and discharge/amp output. Cheap batteries cant handle large current draw, which is why the 25kw draw motor systems struggle.

Good luck finding battery that can handle sustained 5-10kw draw that costs less than 1-2k, but is light enough to put on a motorcycle. They exist but they are not cheap, thats going to change and then mopeds are done.

You don't need 5-10kw for a moped
Even 5kw would even be overkill, that is 6.6HP
If you just wanted equivalent gas performance lets say 2HP that would only be a 1.5-2KW motor/power draw

>buying a 50cc moped new in this age is insane

I paid $750 for it and by the time your shitty fantasy will come true, I would have moved onto a motorcycle

>pussy repellent
Dialate

I rode a bicycle with motor assist the other day. It had just 500W of continuous drive, but that was enough to effortlessly climb a 40% grade. A few hundred more watts and I wouldn't even need my leg power to cruise around at a pretty good clip.
I think 1kW would be fine for a bicycle replacement, and 2kW would definitely give a 50cc moped a run for its money.

cant be robbed if theres nothing to

Attached: p03wv8tb.jpg (704x396, 33K)

>>hidden backup key
>that shit doesn't sound secure in the slightest.

Yeah those "backup" locks are usually utter utter shit and in any case defeat the purpose of any other security measure it might have.

you'll only see metal doors and bars in places that are filled with niggers and spics. quote me on that and research it yourself

You think niggers don't steal from wipepol neighborhoods?

I think you should also always have a second lock lower on the door.
Perhaps even a third one higher up.
Spreads the load over the entire frame and makes it much harder to insert a crowbar.

If I was paranoid I would probably do this.
youtube.com/watch?v=7JlgKCUqzA0

I've been considering the following for my smoll workshop:
>raspi recognizes when phone isn't connected to wlan
>starts capturing through cam, running program for motion detection
>if motion is detected a notification is sent to phone and broadcasting/evidence collecting is started
>can choose to notify authorities à la a silent alarm or activate sirens (perhaps legit-sounding, faintly distant ones)

Would this work tho?

Attached: 1526512897930.jpg (480x720, 26K)

No one is ever going to pick your door. B&E is a crime of speed, not stealth. The criminal will kick in your door or smash a window and be out in a couple minutes.
If anyone was that dedicated they'd just smash the cylinder out with a bolt and a hammer anyway.

Lockpicking is for repo crews. Outside of that in reality its nothing but a hobby.

>B&E is a crime of speed, not stealth.
Criminals are just retarded.

Most locks can be raked in under 2 seconds with an electric pick.
And now drawing attention means nobody will call the police.

>Criminals are just retarded.
Well, yeah.
You're not going to have a mathematician kick in your door and steal your ipad for crack money. Violent crimes and low IQ go hand in hand.

Not with a fingerprint lock, that's for sure. Best case it can be fooled with a lifted print and some latex. Worst case it can be fooled by a warm moist cloth.