t. The so-called "zoomer"

> zoomer
> got a real job to do.

you literally
>modify 2 text files
>run emerge
>download a tarball, unpack it
>run steam
it's that easy. if you can't do these, i doubt you can use any other operating system on the face of the earth, especially when it's literally monkey see monkey do from the gentoo wiki.

>run emerge kde-plasma/plasma-meta
>installing 1 of 692 packages
i'm watching my life go by in the space between the lines on the screen

Attached: waiting.jpg (400x400, 13K)

zoomers will be the last generation to install games just like you millenials were the last generation to buy/download music.

You are stupid this is the real game. Much better than the guaranteed shitfest you want to play.

if you don't want to wait for your software to compile, don't use a source based distribution then, it's that easy.

and we're not even talking about gentoo, we're talking about installing steam on gentoo and how easy/monkey-see-monkey-do it is.

zoomers can barely walk and chew gum at the same time

No, this is the digital equivalent of watching paint dry, literally. If all gentoo users ever stopped and went to audit systemD, they wouldn't have to use gentoo within a year. Think about it, the same packages get compiled over and over and over, which is a complete waste of time and energy.
Source based distros are for academics and schizos, you can grab ubuntu and recompile every package you use. Literally apt-get build-deps or pull the source directly, configure, compile. Boom. Fully configured system with custom tailored binaries.
Only a moron would waste his life configuring and reconfiguring a shitty bare bones distro.

>No, this is the digital equivalent of watching paint dry
yes because my computer can only do 1 task at a time.
> If all gentoo users ever stopped and went to audit systemD, they wouldn't have to use gentoo within a year. Think about it, the same packages get compiled over and over and over, which is a complete waste of time and energy.
?
>you can grab ubuntu and recompile every package you use
why am i even replying to the ramblings of a mad man

>1 task at a time
So if not for the performance benefit, why are you installing gentoo? To be """more secure""""? You could spend that time auditing source code instead of blindly trusting people. Then you can compile it yourself on ubuntu since ubuntu ships with source code for everything you want if you literally click two tick marks.

Zoomers only acknowledge the existence of 4 operating systems (Windows, Mac OS, Android and iOS; That's what they would say when you ask them "How many operating systems are there?").

Why be a Windows/Mac Zoomer (Brainlet) when you can be a Linux Boomer (Chad)?

People install Gentoo to have choice you fucking moron. Please stop discussing things you have only extremely superficial knowledge about.

>to have choice
You can configure Ubuntu any way you want, literally. Only the base version comes with a setup you'll reach anyway.

You first.

So tell me, how much work is it to install and (most importantly) maintain OpenRC on Ubuntu compared to systemd on Gentoo?

At least as easy as gentoo, meaning you at worst go through the same configs.

Attached: zoomer.jpg (3536x1989, 1.1M)

That's just embarrassing, I'm on 5.6-rc6 on ubuntu. Keep up.

It doesn't take that long

Attached: IMG_20190625_053644.jpg (4032x3024, 2.89M)

>t. seething boomer neet

I'm still on 4.9. What would be the point in upgrading? My hardware didn't change and everything works as it should.

Because it's the newest version and only in 5.2 can you write mitigations=off on the kernel command line.

>buzzwords
Also, you realize that the """zoomie roomie""" brainlet's answer is correct, right? Linux isn't an OS. And it's also GNU/Linux.

>Because it's the newest version
That is not an argument in favor of it.
>and only in 5.2 can you write mitigations=off on the kernel command line.
Why the fuck would I want to do that?

I'll be a GNU/Linux zoomer :^)

Because performance.

imagine believing this lol

>zoomers
>steam

You don't need steam to play Fortnite

mkdir /usr/local/portage
echo "PORTDIR_OVERLAY=\"/usr/local/portage\" >> /etc/portage/make.conf
emerge -v layman
layman -a steam-overlay
emerge -av steam

etc-update

emerge -v steam

What exactly is hard in this again?

Zoomer boomer doomer bloomer roomers don't know how use a terminal.

talk about onions where is the hair on your hands

imagine being this naive. i'd wager that at least 70% of the world can't follow instructions like that despite the simplicity. doesn't mean that they can't use windows and still manage to do basic things.

>2019
>being a corelet

I only use gentoo for the neofetch Logo.

Attached: 1532654631625.png (239x229, 53K)

I still don't understand why Gentoo uses Pacman as logo.
That's nonsense. Pacman is Arch's package manager, not Gentoo's"

It's supposed to be one of these things in a stylized "G" form.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magatama

Attached: Magatama.png (742x1274, 594K)

Interesting.

isn't it better to use the windows one with wine?

only for applications that literally can't work through proton.

Proton is just a regular wineprefix. You can just tell a locally installed wine to use that and go for it. There's absolutely no point in using Steam through wine.

>zoomer
>got a real job
Child labor is illegal by the way.

Why don't you and all the other airheads just do your work in another terminal/program while you're compiling? Jesus! I'm glad you're distro hopping - just GTFO!

>5.6
retard, you mean 5.2
and that's a pre release kernel, 5.1.X is the current stable branch

retard

>pacman
kid, it's one of these

Attached: Yasaka_Magatama.png (1916x1078, 2.8M)

How do I install gentoo on WSL?

For some reason I always thought Gentoo's logo was meant to be this

Attached: lovdisc.png (300x300, 5K)

Zoomers are fuckin faggots

Attached: IMG_20171209_234645.jpg (1224x988, 118K)

sup

Attached: doomer.png (1920x1080, 1.04M)

Attached: 1561323597561.png (1280x719, 204K)

I used gentoo as my main distro for the longest time untill guixSD came along and gave me the sloppiest head of my life

TITOR you aussie fuck you've been off tox. This is the guy you helped make a sign with in 2016.

Fire up tox and hit me up uberman. Let's catch up

Gentoo + Xbox One master race.

Why deal with the bloat of having all that source code?

not related (sort of) but I'm installing falkon and qtwebengine is taking AGES to compile. it's almost done but I've been waiting for 14 hours! I heard using the jumbo-build flag will shorten the compile time. why is c++ such fucking dogshit and why does everything have to be chrome shit?