I've been using arch for well over two years now and soo far it was an amazing experience...

I've been using arch for well over two years now and soo far it was an amazing experience. Why is this distro so universally hated in the community?

Attached: IMG_20190625_162438.jpg (4608x3456, 3.71M)

Other urls found in this thread:

bbs.archlinux.org/
devmanual.gentoo.org/general-concepts/slotting/andhttps://www.gentoo.org/support/news-items/2015-03-28-true-multilib.html
reddit.com/r/archlinux/comments/c4u3ym/what_is_your_opinion_on_the_arch_linux_forum/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

because it's garbage, like you.

Because GNU/Linux is garbage on anything other than headless devices.

arch isnt hated anymore it's mostly leftover memes from a decade ago when arch was unstable as shit. these days arch is easy to use and commonly recommended.

did you ever have to """talk""" to these """people"""
bbs.archlinux.org/

It might be but what would you say about this guy ? It's easy to use just like any other distro it's just that you have to install everything yourself and the system isn't loaded with trash you don't need.

What kind of idiot blocks their monitor with their laptop?

Also arch is good in theory but the devs are incompetent when it comes to gpu support. I have a fucking 1050, by no means a super new card, and it doesn't work with nouveau or proprietary drivers on arch, and yet on Ubuntu it works totally fine when I install that same driver version.

No accually every issue I encounter was either on wiki or resolvesd earlier on forum...

>esl retard replying to his own thread

Attached: 98926bd3bcb7af3ee908b6aa4556196d3b81f602_hq.jpg (720x608, 28K)

>Why is this distro so universally hated in the community?
1. The user-base are a bunch of elitist neck-beards who scare-off newbies on forums
2. It has a different package manager and retards can't Linux if they don't have an apt-get tutorial
3. It used to be bretty broken back in the days, but at least for the last 5 years it isn't anymore
4. AUR is a god sent for newcomers and lazy people in general since you don't have to find and compile shit by yourself but is a huge security flaw and a nightmare for Sysadmins
5. It doesn't come with a (decent) GUI installer and it scares most newbies
6. Rolling Release means you're heavy dependent on internet. So if your connection is slow or you don't have access to it than you're fucked
7. It doesn't have a default DE and thus makes people search for the best options for each usage
8. Using a specific older version of a given software can be problematic since it's focus on near bleeding-edge content
9. Some updates can actually fuck up the system, specially things related to Xorg or Wayland, and newbies don't know how to fix things without a GUI
10.Summarizing, it's a pretty good Distro for advanced users but the opposite of an Out-of-the-box solution for newcomers

tag line "Society is dumb and will remain dumb"

I once spent 4 days without sleep installing arch/gentoo on the same thinkpad laptop + a bunch of other rice
I didnt sleep and only had a 2l bottle of water and a medium pizza + was high on adderall

Probably my darkest memory

The haters are mostly just too dumb to actually install it.

Tanner, is that you?

It's Mike, we need to hang some more.

no shiny installer and old memes die hard

Calling the aur a "huge security flaw" is as dumb as saying that the ability to run external programs is a huge security flaw. The security flaw is the stupidity of humans, not the actual OS.

I think he means for sysadmins. Human error is considered a security flaw, and arch makes it easy to happen.

I use Arch. I love Arch, I make sure to tell everyone about Arch because it is the best OS.

Only retards dislike arch, its the best distro out there

X doesnt break, load of horseshit

I like the Arch wiki, probably the best general purpose wiki for Desktop Linux subjects.

This user gets it

>related to Xorg or Wayland
I never said that X breaks, only that things RELATED to it can break meaning the system will boot on CLI mode
Learn to read faggot

What'll I get out of upgrading from Debian with i3? Faster Vulkan drivers?

It isn't. Its vocal users are the scum of the earth though.
Just like any other distro that has users trying to proselytize

> nightmare for sysadmins
implying anyone serious uses arch

>the system will boot on CLI mode
>he uses a DM
lel

>overzealous autistic fan boys
>"you'll learn how Linux REALLY works!" When it's literally just configuring a package manager and letting scripts do the rest
>offers nothing that minimal net installs already offered for other distros don't.
>muh bleeding edge packages!! when you can just install directly from the upstream source in any distro.
>only reason to use it is the aur, which is full of broken and unmaintained packages and isn't monitored at all, most "packages" are just a bash script to download the package and it's install script from GitHub.
>aur is far worse than Open Build Service, which actually lets you package binaries and programs for multiple distros.

there's nothing it offers that makes it worth using over any other distros and it has the worst fucking user base.

Attached: 1548450392981.jpg (450x643, 56K)

Attached: fox-arch.png (688x1430, 156K)

Nope, I've tried Arch and it's shit. I use gentoo is my main OS. Gentoo is amazing. I can have multiple conflicting versions of packages, or 64 and 32 bit libraries at once. And it's all fine because the programs that depend on specific architectures or specific versions of programs are compiled from source, so portage just links them with the version it knows it depends on.

Seedevmanual.gentoo.org/general-concepts/slotting/andhttps://www.gentoo.org/support/news-items/2015-03-28-true-multilib.html

If you've ever had to deal with dependency issues with packages you'll know why this is awesome.

Also being able to manually include (or exclude) certain features from any package or your kernel is extremely useful. For example, I was able to simply remove the SSL heartbeat extension and recompile my packages when the heartbleed vuln came out.

Did I even mention Portage?
>Portage works without any external repo.
>Portage supports using llvm icc etc to build with.
>Portage supports distcc.
>Portage supports slotting of dependencies.(multiple versions of python, ruby, gtk etc)
>Portage supports multiple kernels BSD Fedora debian etc.
>Portage can thread package installs and downloads

>If you've ever had to deal with dependency issues
cant say that I have, arch just werks and is the least maintenance heavy distro

Don't listen to satan. Arch is pretty based, after using it for more than four years I can't find alternative for it. I thought about Gentoo, but it feels too autistic. With AUR and ABS I stopped distro hopping.
I'd post proof but some fag tainted my IP and I can't be bothered to use VPN.

Oh no, they want logs. So scary. Don't be a retard and they 'll help you.

my friends on reddit beg to differ

reddit.com/r/archlinux/comments/c4u3ym/what_is_your_opinion_on_the_arch_linux_forum/

because it's DIY distro and Jow Forums want to be spoon fed

You have to go back.

because i do more with my computer than looking at a neofetch

you can install additional software with pacman user