12-hour clock vs 24-hour clock

Brayden Wood
Brayden Wood

Which does Jow Forums prefers?

Attached: 12-and-24-hour-time.png (45 KB, 986x396)

Other urls found in this thread:

npl.co.uk/resources/q-a/is-midnight-12am-or-12pm
youtube.com/watch?v=dsO1O1NGpnQ

Adam Wright
Adam Wright

24-hour.

Alexander Howard
Alexander Howard

24h clocks is god tier and ensures the following question is never asked: midnight is 12 pm or am?
Genuinely asking.

Even the National Physical laboratory says it's more convinient.
npl.co.uk/resources/q-a/is-midnight-12am-or-12pm

Juan Perez
Juan Perez

24 hour no doubt

Nathan Young
Nathan Young

24:00

Adam Bailey
Adam Bailey

24 hours. no ambiguity

Logan Sanchez
Logan Sanchez

24. Why use an additional piece of information when you can just convey what you want in 1 piece of information? Also, AM and PM are stupid abbreviations. Why use M, when that could easily apply to midnight? Or A, which could stand for after? Fuck this retarded ass shit.

Ian Wilson
Ian Wilson

12 cuz it's faster and I am not a burger

Jaxson Thomas
Jaxson Thomas

Most clocks are digital, there's no reason to use 12 hour format anymore.

Gabriel Martin
Gabriel Martin

I like the red one the most

Connor Price
Connor Price

24 as sometimes I am gaming so much I lose track of what day it is nevermind what time

Luis Bailey
Luis Bailey

don't people use nn/mn for noon/midnight?
fuck naming things with latin shit in general

Noah Ortiz
Noah Ortiz

12h, digital clocks are degenerate

Ayden Reyes
Ayden Reyes

12 is faster
Twice as fast, amirite?

Sebastian Cooper
Sebastian Cooper

When you have a mechanical clock that _displays_ 12 hours you can still use 24 hour nomenclature.

Jack Carter
Jack Carter

24 ofc, the periodicity when living on Earth is kinda nice. If I lived permanently underground, I'd go for 30-32 hour 'days', and redefine my circadian rhythm.
This is no 12 am, just as there is no 24:00, though it take a thought or two to recognize.

Jonathan Lewis
Jonathan Lewis

24 but I never use it when talking because it's sounds retarded

Jeremiah Wilson
Jeremiah Wilson

24 hour clock makes sense for regions with long or continuous daylight, but if you live below the arctic circle and can't tell if it's day or night you don't need a clock, you need a life

Asher King
Asher King

24h

Hudson Lopez
Hudson Lopez

can't tell if it's day or night
You don't need the time just for asking "what time it is right now", you use it to make appointments too.

Samuel Richardson
Samuel Richardson

It's easier psychologically to use 12 h clock at least for me.

Jeremiah Ward
Jeremiah Ward

your clock is measured in days
midnight of the first day of each year my clocks return back to 0, and increment by 1 for each centi-second that passes until a year has gone by.

Logan Lewis
Logan Lewis

make appointments where? the 24-hour dentist?

Adam Garcia
Adam Garcia

12h clock is the good shit

Hudson Murphy
Hudson Murphy

r u retarded user
thats just because its the one you are used to.
Once you use 24 hour for a little it becomes just as easy

Leo Foster
Leo Foster

So a 12h clock is 0am-11am to 12pm-11pm. Seems kinda dumb desu.

Nicholas Moore
Nicholas Moore

12 hour because it annoys people who are dumber than robots

Matthew Smith
Matthew Smith

I prefer metric time.

Owen Russell
Owen Russell

This. Americans are retarded.

Angel Carter
Angel Carter

I prefer decimal time

Eli Parker
Eli Parker

are you a French revolutionary

Christian Murphy
Christian Murphy

My bad, there actually is 24:00- that the inserted leap second every like 25 years or whatever.
But yeah, it's silly any way you look at it.

Attached: Capture.png (14 KB, 285x570)

Anthony Morris
Anthony Morris

kek underrated

Wyatt Scott
Wyatt Scott

Here's your answer

Attached: 12-hour-clock.jpg (296 KB, 1800x820)

Brayden Gutierrez
Brayden Gutierrez

he doesn't have a 24-hour analog clock

Christian Ward
Christian Ward

12 hour because I'm not so retarded I need the clock to tell me if it's daytime or night

William Howard
William Howard

it's retarded then, nobody uses 24hr in speech

Juan Wood
Juan Wood

I'm honestly not sure. Some of my clocks are configured to display the time in 12 hour format. Others use 24 hour format. I'm not even sure which is which any more. I live in a turmoil-infused hell hole of different clocks yelling different times in different ways but trying to meet in the middle and mean the same thing, and I have to constantly exercise my own vigilance in reading the clocks the right way so that they don't leap off my walls and into my home, ready to fight their part in the war of the clocks. I hear the constant ticking of each clock, angry, insane, ready to strike at any moment, constantly battling with each other from second to second, ticking louder and harder with rage, a carnivorous and dominant rage, a rage filled with hatred for the other clock method.
I don't know what side I lean towards any more. I suspect I didn't know when I started setting some of the clocks to 24 hour time. I don't think I'll ever know.
Flee this battle, brothers and sisters, for it's the clocks' fight, not ours.

Attached: evilclock.gif (2.17 MB, 334x251)

Wyatt Watson
Wyatt Watson

12 hour. Less shit to remember.

Ethan Martinez
Ethan Martinez

They do where I live.

Brayden Jackson
Brayden Jackson

Literally only shitholes besides USA, Australia and Canada.

Blake Ramirez
Blake Ramirez

24 mostly, but they're basically equivalent to me and I don't even really bother to have consistency across all devices. I also never actually use 24h when speaking about time, like "18" will always be "6" when I talk about time.

Henry Cruz
Henry Cruz

Literally only shitholes

Isaiah Evans
Isaiah Evans

Everyone here uses 24 for writing but 12 for speech
Just pick one ffs

Samuel Thomas
Samuel Thomas

Where I live people always use 24h in formal speech/writing and alternate between both in regular speech.

Nicholas Powell
Nicholas Powell

based

Christian Cooper
Christian Cooper

So yeah, that's what i thought, you go from 12am to 1 am, it's counter intuitive even if it makes sence etymologicaly.

Mason Garcia
Mason Garcia

For computers: 24h
For people: who gives a fuck you're smart enough to figure it out

Noah Morris
Noah Morris

Where the fuck do you live? I want to avoid autistic places.

Attached: 1552862132296.png (186 KB, 1255x1403)

Benjamin Sanders
Benjamin Sanders

"Let's meet at 15" is much easier to say than "let's meet at 3 in the afternoon" and less bloated than 3pm.

Carson Adams
Carson Adams

I'm too used to 12hr formats.
I mean I spent most of my life with analog clocks and watches.
Only recently have I replaced my Analog Clock with a digital one that also has a digital humidity and thermometer.

The analog humidity gauge kept getting stuck and I had to tap it a few times every time.
I replaced my analog watch with a smart bracelet almost two years ago when it jammed and costed too much to fix.
Now I don't have a ticking time piece on my wrist or on my desk and my tinnitus gets very apparent when I don't have the fan on. The fan is almost 19 years old, if it dies and I replace it with the new fangled silent DC fans I'll have to look into other ways to take my mind off the ringing. Maybe I'll play some rainy mood on loop or something.

I usually don't have to say am or pm, I mean when someone asks me the time you can tell if it's am or pm because of the sun. When I'm setting up a meeting time it's usually something like, 3 in the morning, or 3 in the afternoon. Or something like meet me at noon, or we'll go for beers at midnight.

Brayden Campbell
Brayden Campbell

For people: who gives a fuck you're smart enough to figure it out
We are taking about burgers here. They can't into microwave time.

Kayden Howard
Kayden Howard

12-hour for everyday life
24-hour for scientific calculation

Jose Scott
Jose Scott

Microwave time? My microwave has two dials, duration and power.

Elijah Green
Elijah Green

Yes, people do.

Joseph Reyes
Joseph Reyes

Unless you are taking to someone who thinks meeting at 3 AM is normal, everyone will assume your mean during daytime (3 PM). 1-5 is pretty much reserved for the PM variant.

Anthony Cox
Anthony Cox

hi newfag

Levi Jones
Levi Jones

normal people know you don't mean 3 AM

Isaac Robinson
Isaac Robinson

True story, one time I woke up and thought it was 6:54PM and I couldn't find my little brother anywhere and started to panic a little and run around outside looking for him. Then I ended up realizeing it was 6:54 """ AM """ and that he had been asleep in his bed the whole time.

that's why I use 24-hour clocks now.

Lincoln Bailey
Lincoln Bailey

In casual speech it's "three".
If there's some kind of importance to the time, it's "fifteen".
our train leaves at fifteen twenty-five, let's meet up before that to get to the platform before the rush
Written outside a work of fiction, it's "15:00".

12-hour clocks are very problematic, what day does 12:30AM belong to?

Attached: Nenewat.png (124 KB, 276x358)

Owen Clark
Owen Clark

Amazingly even the dumbest of burgers (marines) can figure out "military time"

Julian Brown
Julian Brown

Let's meet at 8 then

Nicholas Torres
Nicholas Torres

me contrarian durrrr
So let's say at 9(21) or 10(22).

Jayden Perry
Jayden Perry

let's meat at oh oh 15

Andrew Garcia
Andrew Garcia

Why would your microwave need to know the time? My microwave had two dials back in 1992 and it has two dials now, my oven has three dials, temperature, top/down/both firing and duration.

Jacob Jackson
Jacob Jackson

I've often met people after midnight.
It's the meet me at quarter to 3 or quarter past 3 that throws people off.

Ryder Brooks
Ryder Brooks

electric ovens and microwaves are the same

Attached: 1556300639299.jpg (60 KB, 750x724)

Caleb Johnson
Caleb Johnson

don't drink so much

Jaxon Nguyen
Jaxon Nguyen

24. It's quicker to speak and there is no chance for ambiguitities.

Kayden Johnson
Kayden Johnson

Why say lot word when few word do trick?
Depends on the context, for example if you are talking to that person at 8 AM they will say things like in an hour or two, use the words morning/afternoon or even am/pm. Why the fuck is this so hard to understand you autismal robot?

Elijah Allen
Elijah Allen

One uses electricity, the other one uses electricty to ignite natural gas, unless you're talking about toaster ovens...

Jeremiah Nelson
Jeremiah Nelson

24hr always and everywhere

Jace Bailey
Jace Bailey

Every single oven made past the 90's have clocks. Are you actually using a 30 year old cancer inducing piece of shit?

Robert Hughes
Robert Hughes

This is why zoomers, pajeets and other degenerates have a hard time with the English language.
They cut corners so much they have problems compiling a coherent sentence.

Nathan Turner
Nathan Turner

midnight is clearly 12 pm

Justin Edwards
Justin Edwards

Attached: clock.png (40 KB, 903x747)

Ryder Gomez
Ryder Gomez

Uh, Panasonics, Sampos, even Frigidaire and Whirlpool microwaves are mechanical here.

Do you live some where where people are so stupid that they don't know how long they should microwave their shit for so they have a "popcorn" button?

Attached: 140772[1].jpg (31 KB, 700x700)

Colton Rodriguez
Colton Rodriguez

Are you actually using a 30 year old cancer inducing piece of shit?
Why would I not if it still works?

Landon Gray
Landon Gray

Same day 0:30 belongs too, retard

Ian Murphy
Ian Murphy

I have never seen one of these or ever heard about this brand. My Samsung has a digital number pad, +1 minute, unfreeze, power and a clock button IIRC. Do you live in a third world country by any chance? That would explain why would they cheap out in something like that.

Easton Rogers
Easton Rogers

Samsung
They are mechanical, and there is a defrost setting right on the power dial. There is no reason for a microwave to need to know the time.

Attached: ph-microwave-oven-solo-me711k-me711k-xtc-001-front-black[1].jpg (28 KB, 892x684)

Easton Murphy
Easton Murphy

Leave an apple/orange/banana on top of it for like a week and see why. It's common knowledge that old microwaves leak if they were never repaired.

Camden Sanders
Camden Sanders

They are mechanical
Again, where the hell do you live? I've only seen electric ovens with mechanical buttons because they make sense in this case.
There is no reason for a microwave to need to know the time.
If they have a digital display and they are always visible in your kitchen, why the hell not? And why the fuck we are discussing about microwaves kek

Attached: file.jpg (22 KB, 600x357)

Carson Myers
Carson Myers

I specifically bought an all-mechanical microwave oven when moving from home. Dad kept setting fire to the digital ones.
hit the time button too many times, or hit the 10-minute button instead of the 10-second
time set by turning a knob, turn it backwards and it rolls over to 90 minutes
Every time I visit a friend there's a new interface that's completely different from all others.

PRO TIP: Nuke foods at 600W for 1.5-2 times as long to get the center hot instead of the usual burnt edges and icy middle.

Owen Cruz
Owen Cruz

you're supposed to let food stand after using a microwave for a min or two to exactly let the middle cook.

Zachary Richardson
Zachary Richardson

Some where where microwaves don't need to have a spinning plate.
youtube.com/watch?v=dsO1O1NGpnQ

Landon Perez
Landon Perez

I honestly dont care, I used to be in an industry where 24h format is the norm and even required but outside some people used 24 and others 12 (mostly australians and anglo), it literally made no difference, there were more important things (like going to a bar/pub after work, thats were real bantz happened) , also when growing up (Europe) my grandfather used 12 hours only because in those days there were hardly any digital clocks so when someone irl uses 12h its nice.

Christian Wood
Christian Wood

Commercial grade microwaves also tend to be mechanical and also often don't have a turn table

Brody Baker
Brody Baker

That looks like something based on induction rather than a microwave.

Samuel Gomez
Samuel Gomez

12 post meridian, or 12 ante meridian? Meridian meaning midday in that context, it is confusing and there is no proper answer since midnight is both 12h after or before midday.

With the 24h clock, you have 00:00 for midnight and it is not confusing.

Context isn't always well established and say you wanna meet on the week-end with a friend a week from now. Meeting at 10 in the morning or the evening is plausible.

Isaac James
Isaac James

I googled commercial microwaves on google and everything but a Panasonic was digital. Are you sure you aren't mistaking microwaves by electric ovens? Because these are 100% mechanical and don't need to spin.

Alexander Davis
Alexander Davis

But 12 pm makes nore sense as midday since after midday you are obviously post midday. So 12:30pm is 12:30 while 12:30am is 00:00

Easton Peterson
Easton Peterson

Induction
Ceramic mugs
Plastic bento box

No, it's just marked to tell you where you should place your shit in case someone was too stupid to put the shit in the middle.

Owen Foster
Owen Foster

i prefer a 24 hour clock, but i have one PC that runs great but the damn BIOS clock is a 12 hour clock, its annoying to deal with but it is a decent running desktop PC

Anthony Baker
Anthony Baker

Benjamin Rodriguez
Benjamin Rodriguez

This was at a US Foods foodservice store I went to
Out of the 5 there only 1 was digital and had a turn table, All where 1000W
The cheapest and the smallest was $199

William Walker
William Walker

Midnight specifically means 12:00PM which is the start of a new day, just like 00:00.

Luis Parker
Luis Parker

So Japan?

Joshua Clark
Joshua Clark

the context in which you are saying it avoids confusion 99.9% of the time

In hospitals, even in the west, we use 24h but both are just as easy to use. 24h is just a bit more standardized and used in areas where people realistically go work in the night so saying "at 3" could mean 3 am. Outside of those situations, 3 = 3pm in almost every context. If you were talking to a bar sloot before closing and said "3", you'd probably mean 3 am.

Owen Peterson
Owen Peterson

it's twelve hours after midday because the clock goes forward

Adam Nguyen
Adam Nguyen

By convention, 12 am refers to midnight at the start of the specified day (00:00 on the 24 hour clock) and 12 pm to midnight at the end of that day (24:00 on the 24 hour clock). It can be argued that by the time you have seen a clock showing 12:00 at midnight it is already ante meridiem, and similarly at midday it is already post meridiem. You can see that the 24-hour clock is much clearer.

12 noon is, by definition, neither ante meridiem (before midday) nor post meridiem (after midday). For clarity, times in the first hour of the day are sometimes given with am, such as 00:47 am, and the time twelve hours later given as 12:47 pm.

See

Eli Turner
Eli Turner

Attached: img-01881[1].jpg (744 KB, 2448x1044)

Elijah Butler
Elijah Butler

12h after midday
But after one minute it becomes ante meridiem no? I mean it's 11hours and 59 minutes before midday rather than 12hours and 1 minutes after midday.

Cooper Brown
Cooper Brown

meridian
It's "meridiem" my friend.

Charles Phillips
Charles Phillips

Attached: time.png (127 KB, 1697x650)

Nicholas Hughes
Nicholas Hughes

24h

Charles Gray
Charles Gray

fuck 12-hour clock

i use 24

Nicholas Taylor
Nicholas Taylor

only shitholes
besides USA, Australia and Canada
implying
kek

Angel Gray
Angel Gray

12 hr. I can just look outside if I want to know if it's past noon.

Logan Sanchez
Logan Sanchez

12 because I generally know if it's night or day out.

Nathaniel Johnson
Nathaniel Johnson

Unix time

Robert Nelson
Robert Nelson

is midnight 00:00 or 24:00?

Juan Gray
Juan Gray

TAI not UTC

Colton Jackson
Colton Jackson

24:00 doesn't exist. After 23:59 comes 00:00.

Carter Sullivan
Carter Sullivan

yikes

Jace Gutierrez
Jace Gutierrez

11:59 am is in the middle of the day
12:00 am is midnight
Anglos are fucking retarded.

Attached: 1520195294241.jpg (58 KB, 628x534)

Brody Foster
Brody Foster

24 for anything relevant to Jow Forums.

Connor Myers
Connor Myers

that's what I thought of UTC gymnastics

Hunter Reed
Hunter Reed

24 hour is 00:00 to 23:59
12 hour is 00:00 to 11:59 and 12:00 to 23:59
You are a brainlet. There is no 12 am.

Jacob Garcia
Jacob Garcia

The am/pm system knows no 0 am. Spell it out in your head. You've never heard the expression "0 am" before.

Gabriel Green
Gabriel Green

thats retarded. way too crowded(+ the angle between the hour lines would be waaaay to small)

Oliver Edwards
Oliver Edwards

I want to avoid autistic places.
then get the fuck out you fucking reddit tourist, reeeEEEEEE

Mason Ramirez
Mason Ramirez

24h
YY-MM-DD
Fuck retarded MM-DD-YY who the fuck uses that?

Isaac Rogers
Isaac Rogers

24 hour
imagine saying "at 3 o'clock" and have to specify whether its pm or am like a retard
also
metric >imperial
fuck anglos and their retarded masonic shit

Ryder Martinez
Ryder Martinez

24 because I'm not a dumb fat (((American)))

Logan Jackson
Logan Jackson

I guess i prefer 12h clock

Eli Hall
Eli Hall

not using Unix Timestamp

Henry Bailey
Henry Bailey

00:00 is midnight at the start of the day
24:00 is midnight at the end of the day (00:00 at the start of the following day)

Carter Rogers
Carter Rogers

there is no 24:00. it doesn't exist.

it goes from 23:59:59 on day 1 to 00:00:00 on day 2

Elijah Richardson
Elijah Richardson

Fuck retarded MM-DD-YY who the fuck uses that?
Civilian population of the US mostly. Official government documents use either dd-mm-yyyy or yy-mm-dd depending on the agency and/or state. Same thing with the 12 hour format. Official record documents are all in 24 hour format, only shitty wagies and normies keep the 12 hour going.

Michael Martinez
Michael Martinez

If it's digital: 24 hour clock.
If it's analog: 12 hour clock (yes, 24 hour analog clocks do exist).
Don't ask me why. The other way round just feels wrong to me.

Liam Butler
Liam Butler

Used to work for a state agency in FL and most of the normies that weren't former .mil would get buthurt that I used DDMMYYY format for dates and wrote all times as 24 hour for stuff like daily logs instead of only on official reports that got forwarded to Tallahassee.

Dominic Murphy
Dominic Murphy

12 hour because that's what everyone in America uses. The supposed benefits of 24hr don't matter when no one else uses it. Kind of like qwerty or the imperial system.

Sebastian Anderson
Sebastian Anderson

Why. Has competing standards and leap seconds.

Jacob Phillips
Jacob Phillips

12 because if i use 24 i just end up converting it to 12 anyway, because nobody thinks in 24 or uses 24 so what's the fucking point. do you fags who use 24 honestly look at your clock and say to people it's 18 o'clock, or do you look and see it's 18 and say it's 6 o'clock. i really don't see the benefit.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit