12-hour clock vs 24-hour clock

Which does Jow Forums prefers?

Attached: 12_and_24_hour_time.png (986x396, 45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

npl.co.uk/resources/q-a/is-midnight-12am-or-12pm
youtube.com/watch?v=dsO1O1NGpnQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

24-hour.

24h clocks is god tier and ensures the following question is never asked: midnight is 12 pm or am?
Genuinely asking.

Even the National Physical laboratory says it's more convinient.
npl.co.uk/resources/q-a/is-midnight-12am-or-12pm

24 hour no doubt

24:00

24 hours. no ambiguity

24. Why use an additional piece of information when you can just convey what you want in 1 piece of information? Also, AM and PM are stupid abbreviations. Why use M, when that could easily apply to midnight? Or A, which could stand for after? Fuck this retarded ass shit.

12 cuz it's faster and I am not a burger

Most clocks are digital, there's no reason to use 12 hour format anymore.

I like the red one the most

24 as sometimes I am gaming so much I lose track of what day it is nevermind what time

don't people use nn/mn for noon/midnight?
fuck naming things with latin shit in general

12h, digital clocks are degenerate

>12 is faster
Twice as fast, amirite?

When you have a mechanical clock that _displays_ 12 hours you can still use 24 hour nomenclature.

24 ofc, the periodicity when living on Earth is kinda nice. If I lived permanently underground, I'd go for 30-32 hour 'days', and redefine my circadian rhythm.
This is no 12 am, just as there is no 24:00, though it take a thought or two to recognize.

24 but I never use it when talking because it's sounds retarded

24 hour clock makes sense for regions with long or continuous daylight, but if you live below the arctic circle and can't tell if it's day or night you don't need a clock, you need a life

24h

>can't tell if it's day or night
You don't need the time just for asking "what time it is right now", you use it to make appointments too.

It's easier psychologically to use 12 h clock at least for me.

>your clock is measured in days
midnight of the first day of each year my clocks return back to 0, and increment by 1 for each centi-second that passes until a year has gone by.

make appointments where? the 24-hour dentist?

12h clock is the good shit

r u retarded user
thats just because its the one you are used to.
Once you use 24 hour for a little it becomes just as easy

So a 12h clock is 0am-11am to 12pm-11pm. Seems kinda dumb desu.

12 hour because it annoys people who are dumber than robots

I prefer metric time.

This. Americans are retarded.

I prefer decimal time

are you a French revolutionary

My bad, there actually is 24:00- that the inserted leap second every like 25 years or whatever.
But yeah, it's silly any way you look at it.

Attached: Capture.png (285x570, 14K)

kek underrated

Here's your answer

Attached: 12-hour-clock.jpg (1800x820, 296K)

>he doesn't have a 24-hour analog clock

12 hour because I'm not so retarded I need the clock to tell me if it's daytime or night

it's retarded then, nobody uses 24hr in speech

I'm honestly not sure. Some of my clocks are configured to display the time in 12 hour format. Others use 24 hour format. I'm not even sure which is which any more. I live in a turmoil-infused hell hole of different clocks yelling different times in different ways but trying to meet in the middle and mean the same thing, and I have to constantly exercise my own vigilance in reading the clocks the right way so that they don't leap off my walls and into my home, ready to fight their part in the war of the clocks. I hear the constant ticking of each clock, angry, insane, ready to strike at any moment, constantly battling with each other from second to second, ticking louder and harder with rage, a carnivorous and dominant rage, a rage filled with hatred for the other clock method.
I don't know what side I lean towards any more. I suspect I didn't know when I started setting some of the clocks to 24 hour time. I don't think I'll ever know.
Flee this battle, brothers and sisters, for it's the clocks' fight, not ours.

Attached: evilclock.gif (334x251, 2.17M)

12 hour. Less shit to remember.

They do where I live.

Literally only shitholes besides USA, Australia and Canada.

24 mostly, but they're basically equivalent to me and I don't even really bother to have consistency across all devices. I also never actually use 24h when speaking about time, like "18" will always be "6" when I talk about time.

Literally only shitholes

Everyone here uses 24 for writing but 12 for speech
Just pick one ffs

Where I live people always use 24h in formal speech/writing and alternate between both in regular speech.

based

So yeah, that's what i thought, you go from 12am to 1 am, it's counter intuitive even if it makes sence etymologicaly.

For computers: 24h
For people: who gives a fuck you're smart enough to figure it out

Where the fuck do you live? I want to avoid autistic places.

Attached: 1552862132296.png (1255x1403, 186K)

"Let's meet at 15" is much easier to say than "let's meet at 3 in the afternoon" and less bloated than 3pm.

I'm too used to 12hr formats.
I mean I spent most of my life with analog clocks and watches.
Only recently have I replaced my Analog Clock with a digital one that also has a digital humidity and thermometer.

The analog humidity gauge kept getting stuck and I had to tap it a few times every time.
I replaced my analog watch with a smart bracelet almost two years ago when it jammed and costed too much to fix.
Now I don't have a ticking time piece on my wrist or on my desk and my tinnitus gets very apparent when I don't have the fan on. The fan is almost 19 years old, if it dies and I replace it with the new fangled silent DC fans I'll have to look into other ways to take my mind off the ringing. Maybe I'll play some rainy mood on loop or something.

I usually don't have to say am or pm, I mean when someone asks me the time you can tell if it's am or pm because of the sun. When I'm setting up a meeting time it's usually something like, 3 in the morning, or 3 in the afternoon. Or something like meet me at noon, or we'll go for beers at midnight.

>For people: who gives a fuck you're smart enough to figure it out
We are taking about burgers here. They can't into microwave time.

12-hour for everyday life
24-hour for scientific calculation

Microwave time? My microwave has two dials, duration and power.

Yes, people do.

Unless you are taking to someone who thinks meeting at 3 AM is normal, everyone will assume your mean during daytime (3 PM). 1-5 is pretty much reserved for the PM variant.

hi newfag

normal people know you don't mean 3 AM

True story, one time I woke up and thought it was 6:54PM and I couldn't find my little brother anywhere and started to panic a little and run around outside looking for him. Then I ended up realizeing it was 6:54 """ AM """ and that he had been asleep in his bed the whole time.

that's why I use 24-hour clocks now.

In casual speech it's "three".
If there's some kind of importance to the time, it's "fifteen".
>our train leaves at fifteen twenty-five, let's meet up before that to get to the platform before the rush
Written outside a work of fiction, it's "15:00".

12-hour clocks are very problematic, what day does 12:30AM belong to?

Attached: Nenewat.png (276x358, 124K)

Amazingly even the dumbest of burgers (marines) can figure out "military time"

Let's meet at 8 then

>me contrarian durrrr
So let's say at 9(21) or 10(22).

let's meat at oh oh 15

Why would your microwave need to know the time? My microwave had two dials back in 1992 and it has two dials now, my oven has three dials, temperature, top/down/both firing and duration.

I've often met people after midnight.
It's the meet me at quarter to 3 or quarter past 3 that throws people off.

>electric ovens and microwaves are the same

Attached: 1556300639299.jpg (750x724, 60K)

don't drink so much

24. It's quicker to speak and there is no chance for ambiguitities.

>Why say lot word when few word do trick?
Depends on the context, for example if you are talking to that person at 8 AM they will say things like in an hour or two, use the words morning/afternoon or even am/pm. Why the fuck is this so hard to understand you autismal robot?

One uses electricity, the other one uses electricty to ignite natural gas, unless you're talking about toaster ovens...

24hr always and everywhere

Every single oven made past the 90's have clocks. Are you actually using a 30 year old cancer inducing piece of shit?

This is why zoomers, pajeets and other degenerates have a hard time with the English language.
They cut corners so much they have problems compiling a coherent sentence.

midnight is clearly 12 pm

Attached: clock.png (903x747, 40K)

Uh, Panasonics, Sampos, even Frigidaire and Whirlpool microwaves are mechanical here.

Do you live some where where people are so stupid that they don't know how long they should microwave their shit for so they have a "popcorn" button?

Attached: 140772[1].jpg (700x700, 31K)

>Are you actually using a 30 year old cancer inducing piece of shit?
Why would I not if it still works?

Same day 0:30 belongs too, retard

I have never seen one of these or ever heard about this brand. My Samsung has a digital number pad, +1 minute, unfreeze, power and a clock button IIRC. Do you live in a third world country by any chance? That would explain why would they cheap out in something like that.

>Samsung
They are mechanical, and there is a defrost setting right on the power dial. There is no reason for a microwave to need to know the time.

Attached: ph-microwave-oven-solo-me711k-me711k-xtc-001-front-black[1].jpg (892x684, 28K)

Leave an apple/orange/banana on top of it for like a week and see why. It's common knowledge that old microwaves leak if they were never repaired.

>They are mechanical
Again, where the hell do you live? I've only seen electric ovens with mechanical buttons because they make sense in this case.
>There is no reason for a microwave to need to know the time.
If they have a digital display and they are always visible in your kitchen, why the hell not? And why the fuck we are discussing about microwaves kek

Attached: file.jpg (600x357, 22K)

I specifically bought an all-mechanical microwave oven when moving from home. Dad kept setting fire to the digital ones.
>hit the time button too many times, or hit the 10-minute button instead of the 10-second
>time set by turning a knob, turn it backwards and it rolls over to 90 minutes
Every time I visit a friend there's a new interface that's completely different from all others.

PRO TIP: Nuke foods at 600W for 1.5-2 times as long to get the center hot instead of the usual burnt edges and icy middle.

you're supposed to let food stand after using a microwave for a min or two to exactly let the middle cook.

Some where where microwaves don't need to have a spinning plate.
youtube.com/watch?v=dsO1O1NGpnQ

I honestly dont care, I used to be in an industry where 24h format is the norm and even required but outside some people used 24 and others 12 (mostly australians and anglo), it literally made no difference, there were more important things (like going to a bar/pub after work, thats were real bantz happened) , also when growing up (Europe) my grandfather used 12 hours only because in those days there were hardly any digital clocks so when someone irl uses 12h its nice.

Commercial grade microwaves also tend to be mechanical and also often don't have a turn table

That looks like something based on induction rather than a microwave.

12 post meridian, or 12 ante meridian? Meridian meaning midday in that context, it is confusing and there is no proper answer since midnight is both 12h after or before midday.

With the 24h clock, you have 00:00 for midnight and it is not confusing.

Context isn't always well established and say you wanna meet on the week-end with a friend a week from now. Meeting at 10 in the morning or the evening is plausible.

I googled commercial microwaves on google and everything but a Panasonic was digital. Are you sure you aren't mistaking microwaves by electric ovens? Because these are 100% mechanical and don't need to spin.

But 12 pm makes nore sense as midday since after midday you are obviously post midday. So 12:30pm is 12:30 while 12:30am is 00:00

>Induction
>Ceramic mugs
>Plastic bento box

No, it's just marked to tell you where you should place your shit in case someone was too stupid to put the shit in the middle.

i prefer a 24 hour clock, but i have one PC that runs great but the damn BIOS clock is a 12 hour clock, its annoying to deal with but it is a decent running desktop PC

This was at a US Foods foodservice store I went to
Out of the 5 there only 1 was digital and had a turn table, All where 1000W
The cheapest and the smallest was $199

Midnight specifically means 12:00PM which is the start of a new day, just like 00:00.

So Japan?

the context in which you are saying it avoids confusion 99.9% of the time

In hospitals, even in the west, we use 24h but both are just as easy to use. 24h is just a bit more standardized and used in areas where people realistically go work in the night so saying "at 3" could mean 3 am. Outside of those situations, 3 = 3pm in almost every context. If you were talking to a bar sloot before closing and said "3", you'd probably mean 3 am.

it's twelve hours after midday because the clock goes forward