/spg/ - Smartphone General

waiting for the Mi A3 edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget, and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
frequencycheck.com
willmyphonework.net

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread
boards.4channel.org/g/thread/71545819/

Attached: serveimage.jpg (1500x993, 150K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gsmarena.com/oppos_underscreen_camera_to_have_trouble_with_image_quality-news-37766.php
m.aliexpress.com/item/32788674545.html?trace=wwwdetail2mobilesitedetail&spider=y&productId=32788674545&productSubject=2-in-1-Double-Dual-SIM-Card-Adapter-for-Android-Micro-SD-extender-Nano-SIM-Micro
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-blackview-bv9700-pro
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Does the regular Redmi K20 have the exact same camera capabilities and quality as the K20 Pro? Snapdragon 730 is a fantastic SoC and i can live without an 855 as long as i'm getting a camera that is just as good.

Attached: 1510255700755.jpg (1000x1000, 178K)

Should I buy a Galaxy S10e or is it buggy?

GameCube controller
Mario Kart
On a Vita
But article says PSP

What?

They have different sensors, main camera one from Sony. K20 has IMX582 and Pro edition has IMX586 (same as Mi 9). From reviews on YT, pictures taken by day are same, difference comes with night mode, Pro is slightly better. Second thing is that Pro can take 4k video recordings at 60fps but k20 can take just 30fps recordings. There are comparisons and you can check for yourself. Price difference between both versions is like 50 eurobucks so I would go for Pro one because why not. And my only concern is
>will Gcam make bigger difference in Camera department because they have different main camera?
Also they made Softwer for 1 camera as their phones dont have 2 or 3...

>Should I buy a Galaxy S10e
if you want a compact flagship, yes
>is it buggy?
afaik, no

Best budget phones with LineageOS support? Preferably but not necessarily without notch.

动态网自由门 天安門 天安门 法輪功 李洪志 Free Tibet 六四天安門事件 The Tiananmen Square protests of 1989 天安門大屠殺 The Tiananmen Square Massacre 反右派鬥爭 The Anti-Rightist Struggle 大躍進政策 The Great Leap Forward 文化大革命 The Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution 人權 Human Rights 民運 Democratization 自由 Freedom 獨立 Independence 多黨制 Multi-party system 台灣 臺灣 Taiwan Formosa 中華民國 Republic of China 西藏 土伯特 唐古特 Tibet 達賴喇嘛 Dalai Lama 法輪功 Falun Dafa 新疆維吾爾自治區 The Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region 諾貝爾和平獎 Nobel Peace Prize 劉暁波 Liu Xiaobo 民主 言論 思想 反共 反革命 抗議 運動 騷亂 暴亂 騷擾 擾亂 抗暴 平反 維權 示威游行 李洪志 法輪大法 大法弟子 強制斷種 強制堕胎 民族淨化 人體實驗 肅清 胡耀邦 趙紫陽 魏京生 王丹 還政於民 和平演變 激流中國 北京之春 大紀元時報 九評論共産黨 獨裁 專制 壓制 統一 監視 鎮壓 迫害 侵略 掠奪 破壞 拷問 屠殺 活摘器官 誘拐 買賣人口 遊進 走私 毒品 賣淫 春畫 賭博 六合彩 天安門 天安门 法輪功 李洪志 Winnie the Pooh 劉曉波动态网自由门

Just got S10E after using iPhone 6 for years. How do I debotnet/set up this thing without all the bullshit pre-installed apps and the rest of that cancer?

Can i use my "3" contract sim in another phone?
Or are contract sims locked to a phone?

Still waiting for something to upgrade my Moto G 2nd gen released in 2014

Attached: titan.png (233x458, 121K)

gsmarena.com/oppos_underscreen_camera_to_have_trouble_with_image_quality-news-37766.php

Tomorrow.

Please release the fucking thing already, and let the beta testing good goys iron out the problems and close the roi, so normal people can buy the definitive version next year. Please.

Pretty please.

Pocophone F1

The new Galaxy A70 looks really nice for price.
Was waiting for Mi Max 4 but looks like they will not release it this year.

Need some pajeet to give advice on these phones:
1) redmi note 7
2) realme 3 pro
3) huawei y9 prime(2019)
All going at the same price where I am. What would you recommend?

Attached: 61512583_2502621626436613_8972412798487232512_n.jpg (471x386, 17K)

Fucking chinks ship my Redmi k20 pro

Not Huawei that's for damn sure

Note 7

well my J7 finally died
whats a nice sub $200 USD phone that can run pretty much any apk Android does while not being filled with google shit? Preferably on the larger side as I have 9 inch long hands, but not necessary.

>730
>amoled
>real 48mp

redmi note 7 owners are about to get btfo, not even 6 months after release

Attached: 0_634.jpg (727x714, 50K)

Got my Moto Z4 in yesterday. Seems good so far. AMOLED screen can get retardedly bright if I turn it up all the way and everything is running smooth as butter. Its shape is a little long compared to what I'm used to but I'm sure I'll adjust.

Makes me glad I cheaped out and bought a $250 phone instead of a flagship. Would recommend if you're stuck on Verizon and looking for a cheap phone.

What phone is that?

ok Jow Forums I just bought the mi 9t, what do now?

Just post the Mi 9T

cc9e

Oh and forgot to mention it is also notchless. Looks promissing.

Not intended for that price range. I will probably sit between the rm7 and the mi9t. I'd say it probably has a good change to cannibalize one of them. Probably the note 7.

i bought an old blackberry to recive calls and its so fucking small and beautiful, kinda makes me wish phones were still like this.

Attached: 655.jpg (750x1000, 129K)

How its notchless when notch is visible in pic u posted? Mi CC9 will be notchless as rumours say, it will have 730. That is CC9e and it has 710 with Mi9se-like design

Is it gonna be the same phone as the Mi A3?
Like last years' Mi 6X to the Mi A2

>notch
into the trash it goes, where is the K20?

Attached: 1560713805541.jpg (1280x720, 99K)

>Redmi k20 pro
Is there already a global version?

Only the non-pro has a global version right now but I'm sure the Mi 9T Pro is coming eventually.

Yes it was an inobservance on my part. You are correct. The cc9 is notchless, and cc9e the one I actually posted, has a notch.

It's been described exactly as the MiA3 is supposed to be, although no mention of the MiA3 name itself has been made. It could go that way though, rebadging it as MiA3 for other markets. Frankly all it needs to be is a notchless, updated cpu and nfc version of Redmi Note 7. Then we can buy in peace. It's kinda fucked the way they ultra fragment their own product lineup and how fast they keep shitting them out. These phones should have at least one full year without obsolescence. The chinese are truly the jews of asia.

why did you buy the Pro version then?

I'm not that user, user

Attached: 1536027206600.png (500x504, 198K)

Xiaomi shits out tons of new phones but they're good and cheap, I don't see the problem (apart from things getting a bit confusing perhaps)
Anyway updates wouldn't be an issue with the Mi A3, it'd come with Android One (which is why I'm looking forward to it, probably gonna buy it)

Not a problem with bands, also cheaper.
I have redmi note 5 cn version and always get 4g

need a sub-£200 phone.
i have a redmi note 3 pro atm. performance is actually fine for my needs, just need a better camera, and a headphone jack that doesnt break.
i can wait a bit if there's anything on the horizon.

Redmi Note 7

I bet the software engineering team at xiaomi work in sweatshop conditions to keep up so many phones.

Am a poorfag looking for a proper replacement for my AT&T LG V20. On a
max $350 budget.

Currently look at the Samsung A50, Moto G7, or a LG v30 thin q?

Any other phone I should be looking at?? No chinkshit please

I miss the old blackberry bold I had high school/freshman year. Decent phone. Good memories...

Is it a bad I dea to buy this?

Attached: 2017-11-22-product-2.jpg (900x900, 77K)

want something unlocked, in the US for around 400 bucks, 500 tops. most important thing for me is battery life and screen quality, was considering mate 10 pro / lg v35

Attached: 1538243411120.jpg (591x594, 29K)

Samsung note 9 on contract

I'm in the market for a new phone in the 200-250€ bracket and went through the chinkphone list but was disappointed.
I think I found what I needed in the Moto G7 but I'm considering getting the Power variant. I read a lot on my phone so I'm concerned thatthereducedresolution might make harder/more straining. Does anyone here have experience with that?

Attached: downloadfile-8.jpg (863x900, 49K)

Redmi Note 7 is better and cheaper. If Stock Android is a must, wait for the Mi A3.

No. Doesn't have triple slot for SIM/SIM/SD

If you're in the US go to a best buy, they often have the whole g7 line on display. To me the Power didn't look any different from the 1080p ones, my issue was more with it feeling plasticy as fuck

any suggestions?

Strapped for cash but I want a phone that'll last. Worried the mi 9t is going to fall apart and maybe buying a oneplus 7 pro would be the better option. Based in the UK. Help me Jow Forums

Get the g7, it's great.

S8 active

Fucking shit, the Redmi K20 Pro is 50 USD more expensive than it's supposed to be and every store on Ali only sends via DHL which is another 15 USD but even so I'd have to pay even more because I live in a "remote area". I should've gotten a Redmi note 7 pro or a Poco instead of waiting.

Using this chinkbro for over 2 years now. Still works great, but battery life is fading and no headphone jack sucks. I'd buy it again if it had a headphone jack.
What's a good upgrade? I need a headphone jack and a non monster sized screen.
Recommend me something

Attached: xiaomi_mi_6_template_2048x (1).jpg (1500x1500, 71K)

Mi 9T

>STILL no US release date on the zenfone 6

Fucking why bros? I just need a new phone with a big battery. Huawei fucked me on this honor.

Attached: cryingindian-simpsons-carousel.jpg (380x310, 25K)

I want to root my phone to install an adblocker, but i have no idea how. I dont know the terms, i dont know anything, i am not sure if i need to factory reset the phone for that, or if there is an easier way.
Its an Xperia XZ if that helps

Soooo what are the chances of a OnePlus 7t? It's a wonder there are no rumors about it yet since it would be releasing in a few months if it exists.

Everyone has already said a million times mid-late July. If we get to late July and there's still no word, then it's time to start getting worried.

Pixel 3a opinions?

Overpriced, good camera tho

HavocOS is superior.

What phone is that? I just got a RMN7P last month too. Fuck.

If it's a classic running BB10, it can do much more than receive calls.

Just buy a $2 adapter you double nigger.

Looking to upgrade my Xperia XZ Premium. I have a $700 price range, should I get the new Xperia One? Or just go with an XZ3?

Unlocked and using the Japan carrier Docomo

Is there a case for the OP6T like the OEM one with the raised corners, but not smokey? 3 minutes of solid searching yield nothing. No ugly egde like pic related.

Attached: 61No5iT1KiL._SX569_.jpg (569x569, 26K)

I bought the Galaxy A70 over the Pixel. It's been off the charger since 8 this morning, light-medium use today, talking, good bit of music while driving, brightness is around 75-80 %. Almost 15 hrs later and I'm at 61% battery life. What a great phone for the price point. Beautiful display, 128g internal and up to 500gb expandable SD slot. Downsides are cameras are mediocre and onscreen finger reader needs some work.

Attached: samsung_sm_a705m128bl_a70_a705m_128gb_duos_1558448450000_1479492.jpg (345x345, 19K)

The big ass bezels are already dated

What kind of adapter adds an additional card slot to a smartphone?

Yes. Buying a phone called fucking LeecoLe was a bad idea from the start.

I think he means the Type C to Thumbdrive adapter

That's what you get for being a dumb pajeet. The pro is a poor value proposition. Should've gone straight to the k20 or the standard n7.

Agreed. It's an amazing phone for its price and I hope it will get 3rd party rom support soon.

I hope so too I was just looking at XDA the source code was released a few weeks back, no development yet. Personally I cannot justify spending $500+ more on the 10 flagship, this phone does everything I need. Can even blot the notch out for watching videos, just gives you a small forehead

Why is that? Is it better than Pixel Experience?

The total lack of water resistance is the only thing keeping me from buying it desu

m.aliexpress.com/item/32788674545.html?trace=wwwdetail2mobilesitedetail&spider=y&productId=32788674545&productSubject=2-in-1-Double-Dual-SIM-Card-Adapter-for-Android-Micro-SD-extender-Nano-SIM-Micro

It doesn't add a slot but it allows you to use both slots and micro SD together by mounting your second sim behind your phone. You can use a tape to stick it behind or just hide it inside a casing.

Not a pajeet you nigger, the difference between the pro and the regular 6 isn't that much different to begin with.

>pe
>google shit preinstalled
>good
Havoc is lineage with in built ricing.

So Should I buy Redmi Note 7, or is there anything else on the horizon?
Can you buy these in US?

Exactly my point dumbass. Learn how to read.

Hey if I buy an unlocked S8 from Amazon can I just slide my T-Mobile sim card into it and use it like normal? Currently, have an S5

Attached: Amazon.png (1364x784, 468K)

Is it possible to root my moto e5 play without a PC? :c

So I apparently dropped my P20 Pro somewhere and someone took advantage of it.

Find my Device says it can't be reached and my location history is turned off.
My previous phone was an iPhone 6S and you can't unlock those once stolen, what's the current situation with Android (8.1) phones?

Does having TWRP on mean the perp can flush my phone without retaining google account lock?

another android bug learning its lesson

Looking for a rugged phone for construction environments.

Is the Blackview 9700 okay performence-wise? How does it compare to mid-tier phones?

kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-blackview-bv9700-pro

Anyone here use a Snapdragon 670/675 phone daily?
How is the performance?
The only game I might play on the phone is like Carmageddon

My A70 arrives today, are you using a case with it? I ordered the Ringke Fusion X and some Panzerglass screen protector.

G7 good choice.

Lol I thought u meant the LG G7, V30 is your best choice there. Don't buy a mid-range phone ever

UK, budget

Mi 9 SE

>Oneplus 7 Pro
>Sony Xperia 1
>Asus Zenfone 6
Which one of these notchless phones are the best? I really really like how the Xperia 1 looks, but I know Oneplus 7 Pro is functionally better. Is Asus worth looking into? And what about Huawei p30?

Attached: 60627803.jpg (600x400, 36K)

Thanks but it's bigger than my current phone (P9) - ideally looking for something less than 135mm long, also no 3mm jack or SD slot

Galaxy A40?

what cheap $200 phone has the best camera? i really dont care about performance

as long as it can take nice snapshits, browse Jow Forums, and be used as an mp3 players, that's all i care about.

Supposedly, the Oneplus is quick as fuck and they managed to make the camera pretty decent. Dunno about the others.

Out of the ones you lister, the OnePlus 7 Pro is the best
Best value all-screen phone is the Mi 9T
Huawei P30 has a notch

Redpill me on the Realme 3 pro

Attached: 1492037526671.jpg (500x500, 109K)